Just food...no shakes

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just food...no shakes

Postby Secret Agent » January 8th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Okay...I am trying this in total secrecy because my coworker is on the plan and has lost TONS of weight...but she is becoming a little cult-ish about it. Which is fine, I understand her enthusiasm..but the hard sell is a little too much for me. SO I have scanned these boards, reviewed my options and want to try it. FOR REAL! I did buy the product in December...tried the shakes..hated it..relatives for the holidays..stress...I sold it all on the internet. :(

But I am going to try again and just do the foods. Has anyone tried to do all foods before, no shakes? I will attempt the ready-made french vanilla again and mix with diet cream soda or the DaVinci Amaretto...but want to focus on just the foods.

Minestrone soup, chicken & wild rice, oatmeal, chilis, fruit drinks hot cocoa..all count as meals with crakers, pudding, cappucino, lemon bar as snacks correct?

Thanks for any info.
Secret Agent

Postby DogMa » January 8th, 2006, 10:38 pm

I never have the shake mixes, although I do have the ready-to-drink shakes once every couple of days. Puddings, regular soups and bars (including lemon) are all meals (but bars are only allowed once a day). Crackers are snacks (again, you're supposed to have 'em only once a day), as are Fast Soups. Cappuccino is also a meal, I believe (I don't like coffee, so I've never had that).

Hope this helps! The forum is a great place to come for information and support, and the program has converted a lot of skeptics into believers (myself included). It works, and it's a lot easier than it looks like from the outside. The shakes are definitely not necessary, though. You can make them more tolerable if you follow some of the recipes in the Lean Cuisine section.

Welcome!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2006, 11:09 pm

Yes, Secret Agent, people DO lose weight using any of the products. The nutritional content of all the product packets is very similar and for the most part, there is but about a +/- 20 caloric range, other than the bars.

You may want to consider ordering some individual sample packets - NOT the $24.99 sample box - it has things that most people may not need or want - diabetic shake and bar, Coronary Shake, Joint Health Shake, Sports Shake, etc. I'd suggest you try the RTDs - they taste a lot different than the powdered shakes.

Did you try making the powdered shakes in a blender - making them really whippy and creamy and then let them sit for 5-10 minutes before drinking or did you shake it and slug it right down? There is a MAJOR taste difference in those methods...

You could have 4 packets of Chicken with Wild Rice soup, one bar a day and the Lean and Green if you wish and still lose weight safely and rapidly.

You could have Oatmeal five times a day and the Lean and Green and lose weight.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Thanks

Postby Secret Agent » January 8th, 2006, 11:45 pm

Thanks for the info. I tried the Dutch Chocolate and the French Vanilla ready-made. They tasted gritty to me. But I have been reading ways to improve the taste. I think I will do well on just the food. I am a person that eats rice and bread at least 4-5 times a day and lots of sugar. So this is going to be a definite change for me. But it is WAY past time.

I have every diet drug invented expired in a box (I could open my own pharmacy), diet books, calculators & planners (I could open my own library) and exercise bikes, balls, ropes, mats, and every as-seen-on-tv equipment (I could open my own gym). And liposuction, mini-lipo, electric stimulation, colonics, mesotherapy shots (I could donate my body to Science)!

But this is a great community of people...I have faith...I am going to do it this time!

Thanks again!
Secret Agent

Postby Nancy » January 9th, 2006, 12:07 am

Secret Agent ~

You cracked me up with your comments about your pharmacy...

It is too bad that you :puke: and :x the shakes - they have the greatest soy content and soy is a natural appetite suppressant. It helps to balance our blood sugar and that keeps us from turning into raving raging roaming cravers.

The Iced Teas, Fruit Drinks, Chai and Hot Cocoa are all whey-based and also provide good options but they are drinks and not the food you want and are not as long-lasting and belly-satisfying for some people as the soy protein shakes.

I struggled with the shakes in the beginning, too but for the first time in years, I lost weight and I felt so good, I was willing to drink them even if they tasted like cat doo and after a couple of weeks, I developed a liking for the shakes.

Best wishes to you.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.