New food for me

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

New food for me

Postby sidrah » January 6th, 2007, 4:35 pm

I realize I am way late in jumping in on the new food items, but the 3-day expedited shiping from Dec 20 just got here yesterday, so I broke open the box and tested out 2 new things today. they forgot to send a case of RTDs, so I got 6 of the 30, but that got cleared up and they are on the way...

I had left over shakes and some chai, but those were getting boring and I was waiting for some variety to get here. Anyhow, I had the eggs first thing and the beef stew second thing today. And I must say that I loved them both.

I cooked the eggs on the stove and just added in s/p and chives. The beef stew had the consistency of baby food, I suppose is the best way to say it, but it tasted really good. I just followed the directions on the box--good thing I hadn't dumped my garbage, yet! I added in some garlic powder and pepper. Man, I was shocked. I am glad I got 2 boxes of each.

I also got some of the choc. RTDs and new bluberry oatmeal, but I have not had them so I can't vouch for how I feel about them, but they are sitting in the fridge/cabinet waiting.

Man am I ready to have some options and have all MF meals instead of just 1 or 2 that I was doing because my stock was so low. Good to be back; I feel better already. :-P
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » January 6th, 2007, 4:36 pm

Glad you have some variety!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mike » January 6th, 2007, 7:18 pm

Sidrah, our high school teacher, we are glad to see you back.
As an oatmeal lover (well, Medifast oatmeal anyhow), I really like the change from French Vanilla Berry to Blueberry. You are in for a treat.

I agree with you about the eggs... love 'em. I made an omelette with em. A couple of mushroom pieces and a Tbsp of salsa.. mmmmm.

The Beef Stew took some getting used to, but once I had it thick enough with some garlic and pepper... yummy.

You may be in for a surprise with the Chocolate and Chocolate Mint bars if you have them. I love them, but others have expressed their dismay. No High Fructose Corn Syrup in them though.

Good luck, and Happy Teaching.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » January 6th, 2007, 9:50 pm

Well, Mike, it is good to be back full-time. By the way, not for next year, but the following school year (cause I re-signed my apt. lease that goes to December) I am still looking at either LA or SF area, so I may just pop in for a visit in your vicinity this summer.

I did just have the PB diabetic bar, so if it is new I don't know the difference, but I liked it. I figured less sugar never hurt.

The oatmeal was good, but then again, all of the oatmeals are good. I kind of liked the french vanilla one, but the vanilla part was the bad part, if you know what I mean. The berry part was fine, but it was too vanill-y for me and french vanilla, at that.

In this last order I got the diabetic PB and the chocolate and then I did get the oatmeal bar and the mint. I will see if I notice a change in taste.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Mike » January 6th, 2007, 11:53 pm

sidrah wrote:Well, Mike, it is good to be back full-time. By the way, not for next year, but the following school year (cause I re-signed my apt. lease that goes to December) I am still looking at either LA or SF area, so I may just pop in for a visit in your vicinity this summer.

Let us know. We are always looking for good teachers. (I'll tell my principal to make room for you... ;) )

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby bikipatra » January 7th, 2007, 5:12 am

sidrah wrote:
I did just have the PB diabetic bar, so if it is new I don't know the difference, but I liked it. I figured less sugar never hurt.

I've only ever had the diabetic bars and that peanut butter one is so delicious I won't be ordering them again in a long time. I still have most of a box of the diabetic chocolate in my husband's locked closet, for special occasions.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 8th, 2007, 10:20 pm

Hi Teresa,
Good to see you posting again! We should try to get together while I'm in town. Are you moving?

DeDe
dede4wd

Return to The Weight Room