seeking encouragement...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

seeking encouragement...

Postby lyndamarie130 » March 14th, 2005, 8:35 pm

well, i have purchased about 20 boxes of shakes and a couple of boxes of soup. i have the tools now i just need the mental focus to do this.

june 2004 my husband died of cancer, exactly 50 days later i gave birth to our beautiful baby boy who is now 7 months old. food is my pleasure, my consoler, my entertainment, etc., etc.

i was a size 6/8 before i got pregnant now i am a size 16. i want to lose 55-60 pounds. during the day i do great but at night when i am home and my husband isnt here i just want chocolate or mcdonalds or whatever, if its not in the house i go out and buy it.

i realize i have some emotional healing that needs to take place, thats why i am here. i want my baby to have a healthy, attractive mom. i know my husband would kick my butt for doing this to myself. i avoid out of town family get togethers because i dont want them to see me "fat'".

i chose medifast because i want fast results. i have an appointment with my doctor on march 22. i want to start out on a the complete program and then alternate with the 5-1 plan.
lyndamarie130

Postby Joan Roman » March 14th, 2005, 8:42 pm

Welcome Lyndamarie,
I'm glad you're here. You will get lots of weight loss support in this forum. Good to meet you.

Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby kassilou » March 14th, 2005, 9:19 pm

Lyndamarie,
I can't begin to imagine what the last year has been like for you. I hope you have a lot of support around you. MF is an awesome way to lose weight, and you will get lots of support here, too. You didn't mention anything about if you were nursing your baby...that would be my only concern.

Welcome. Glad you're here.
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby junglejane » March 15th, 2005, 6:50 am

lyndamarie,

First of all, my heart goes out to you. There is no way I can say I know exactly how you feel. Healing takes time but weight loss on the MF program will not if you follow it. You have come to the right place for encouragement and understanding. These are some of the biggest hearted people I have ever come across. You also need to keep in mind that you are still considered to be within the time frame of post pardom depression. (PPD) I suffered from this with all 4 pregnancies. It wasn't until my 4th that I sought treatment. What a difference it made. I think if you haven't already, you may want to discuss this with your physician especially with all the other stressors that you have. Believe me, it is not a sign of weakness, it is a step toward strength. Please feel free to PM me anytime. I will be glad to support you in any way that I can.

Jane
junglejane
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » March 15th, 2005, 6:55 am

Hi Lyndamarie, I just wanted to add my welcome. We're glad you found this board; I hope it is a wonderful source of support and info for you, as it is for me. I very much admire your strength and courage, not just for pulling yourself singlehandedly through this terrible time in your life, but also for wanting to stop the weight gain in its tracks and get back the body you recently had, the one that your beautiful baby boy will appreciate when you can keep up with him running all over the place!

We're here for you and hope we can help.
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

For lyndamarie

Postby For-Me » March 15th, 2005, 7:39 am

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband last June. I began the program today and have about 50 lbs to lose. Good luck and try to enjoy each day and miracle of your new son.
For-Me

Postby purplepansy » March 15th, 2005, 8:19 am

Hi and welcome Lyndamarie,
I can't imagine the grief you have gone through. I imagine that the birth of you child gave you saddness and pleasure all at once. I am sooo sorry that you lost your husband. Sometimes life isn't fair and throws us a wrench and then we are expected to just deal with it. Are you in therapy?
How about some medications? I am on 50mg of zoloft and it has saved my life. It has helped me cope with health issues and the psychological 'crap' that i've been dealing with all my life.
Please know that the people here are kind and very supportive. Just haller! and someone will respond to your post.
You can email me anytime as I'm a great listener at <snip>No Emails Please - Mr. Snippy</snip>
Love
purple~

<comment>Click users "Email" button to email</comment>
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 15th, 2005, 8:36 am

Welcome lyndamarie. What a brave and strong lady you must be. I am so sorry for your loss. There's an extra incentive now for you to lose the weight, for your health, because your son needs for you to be there for him; you are all he has. God bless you.

Good luck with this program. I think that this forum is a very good place to come for advice, incentive, support, and friendship. It sure has kept me on the path. Please do also feel that you can send me an email or Private Message if you are looking for information or an online friend.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » March 15th, 2005, 1:09 pm

Here's a big hug :hug: and welcome :wave: from me too! Good for you taking proactive steps to improve your health and life! You've come to the right place for encouragement and support! Talk to your doctor and get on board! I agree with the nursing issue. If you are nursing please talk with your doctor before starting MF!

Welcome and keep posting with updates!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 15th, 2005, 5:03 pm

lyndamarie...First of all welcome...I am so glad you joined us. You have joined a source of support that you will not only enjoy but will need....I can only say Ditto to what all these girls have said.....My heart goes out to you and I can empathize as I have gone thru a grueling life challenging illness with my husband....if it wasn't for the many prayers...the support of the many friends...the medication and my awesome counselor..I don't know where I would be....So please if you need help in any way don't see it as a sign of weakness. At times life can be so unfair but God never promised life would be easy...He did promise He would always be there for us.....I applaud you for wanting more for your life and your beautiful son's life....I'm sure your husband is looking over you and his soul is filled with pride....I have faith in you that you will accomplish this goal !!!...If you have the strength to live thru what you have I can only imagine you will succeed on this journey...lean on this forum for whatever your needs may be...the people here have open arms....a tough thing will be finding a new comfort..entertainment...BUT YOU WILL and you'll be happier and healthier for it....May you be blessed with the needed strength to achieve whatever goals you set...and we all will be your biggest cheerleaders!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: seeking encouragement...

Postby Spunky » March 15th, 2005, 6:07 pm

A big warm welcome to you Lyndamarie! You have come to the right place for support and encouragement. We are here for you.

May you find new ways to comfort your soul and heal your heart.
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby monkeymom » March 16th, 2005, 6:57 pm

lyndamarie. Welcome to our family. I can't imagine your heartbreak, but I can sure imagine how much I would be wanting those McDonald's, etc. also. It certainly isn't the same, but I remember when my ex-husband would be working out of the country for months and I was home with the 4 kids....all I wanted to do was eat, and I did plenty of it!
I hope you have plenty of support and/or activites around to keep you busy, that will help some. MediFast definately works, but it's going to be a battle for you emotionally more than anything. Stay close to this forum and the members here will do all in there power to get you throught!!

God bless........and best wishes.........
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.