Desperately Seeking Holiday Help

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Desperately Seeking Holiday Help

Postby GucciGoo » November 9th, 2006, 4:24 am

Guys, I need some advice. I am finding that I cannot stay compliant for more than 2-3 days at a time. I am so frustrated with myself that I want to scream. Life is really hectic right now- I am working 11 hour days, I have a 10 month old baby...and I am a little overwhelmed. I keep losing the same 3 pounds again and again.

Plus, the holidays are killing me.

Tonight-one of my girlfriends is taking me to dinner for my bday...
Saturday- my hubby is making me dinner for my bday...
Less than 2 weeks until Thanksgiving...
Then Baby Dylan's birthday/Christmas party...
Then my office Christmas party...
Then Christmas Day...

Where does it end? I can't see saying no to a glass of egg nog or champagne, or mini-hot dogs, or holiday cookies... this is really hard for me.

And mentally, I KNOW that I want to be near my goal by Christmas Day, and I KNOW I will never get there if I keep screwing up...so why can't I mentally just STOP cheating?

I really need someone to give me a swift kick in the ass.

HELP!!!!!!!!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: Desperately Seeking Holiday Help

Postby Serendipity » November 9th, 2006, 6:00 am

DarkAndStormy wrote: Life is really hectic right now-

Yep, it is and pretty much always will be.

Plus, the holidays are killing me.

Yep, and they come every year.

Tonight-one of my girlfriends is taking me to dinner for my bday...
Saturday- my hubby is making me dinner for my bday...
Less than 2 weeks until Thanksgiving...
Then Baby Dylan's birthday/Christmas party...
Then my office Christmas party...
Then Christmas Day...

You really need advice on how to handle these? Ok, have a lean & green with your girlfriend, have a lean & green with your husband, have a lean & green on Thanksgiving, and on Dylans birthday/Christmas party, and at the office Christmas party, and finally on Christmas day.

Where does it end?

It doesn't end.

I can't see saying no to a glass of egg nog or champagne, or mini-hot dogs, or holiday cookies...

Then you don't want the weight goal as much as you want the egg nog. It's that simple.

I really need someone to give me a swift kick in the ass.

:deadhorse:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

not easy but worth it...

Postby LAwoman » November 9th, 2006, 8:10 am

Good morning Darkandstormy,

Well, I think Serendipity gave you some excellent "reality advice". Life is going to keep coming at us (we hope) and there will ALWAYS be "obstacles" to overcome when it comes to dealing with food (otherwise, why would we be here?)

A couple of weeks I thought, well, maybe I'll wait until after the new year so I can "enjoy" the next three months of holidays. But I sat down and thought about what that meant. Is "gorging" really "enjoying"? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the foods and eating over the holidays, but what else do I enjoy. One of the biggest things I thought about was, a couple of months are going to come and go no matter what I do. I can either be the same or fatter, and start the new year off wishing I had done something earlier, OR, I can start the new year off ___ lbs. lighter, feeling better and motivated to reach my goal. Fortunately, I chose the latter and am already 16 lbs. lighter towards my goal.

But you have to choose what's best for you and what you're ready for. It sounds like you're extremely busy, but take a moment and think about what you want, why you want it, what you're going to have to do to get there, and then begin when you're ready.

Best wishes towards reaching your goals. This forum sure is a great place to come for inspiration, motivation, and support when you need it. I've appreciated when you've shared your journey along the way and it's certainly helped me. Hope this helps a little bit too.

LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Mike » November 9th, 2006, 10:14 am

I was pretty much in the same place. For three months I kept losing the same 5 lbs over and over. Here is my advice. Heed what Serendipity replied with.
Given my experience with weight loss (gastric bypass and all), I have learned that making excuses for my own actions do not change the fact that I decide to make bad choices.
It all comes down to 4 words.... what do I want?
If you want to lose, you will set your mind to it, follow the plan, and you will lose. How fast and how well is up to you.
I'm not tooting any horns, because as anybody here who knows me, I am losing slowly, and its because I slip many times and have to keep losing the same weight have lost before.... but I will not give up.
Good luck, and just say no to the nog! ;) :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Desperately Seeking Holiday Help

Postby Nova » November 9th, 2006, 11:21 am

Serendipity gave you the best advice, I think. And it's something I need to hear too.

DarkAndStormy wrote:Guys, I need some advice. I am finding that I cannot stay compliant for more than 2-3 days at a time. I am so frustrated with myself that I want to scream. Life is really hectic right now- I am working 11 hour days, I have a 10 month old baby...and I am a little overwhelmed. I keep losing the same 3 pounds again and again.

Here's my contribution. If you're working 11 hour days and it's crazy, this is the perfect time for MF shakes. I'm having really hectic times at work too, barely at my desk, with no time to go to the microwave or sit down and eat any sort of meal. I pour 10 ounces of cold water in my shaker cup, throw in a chocolate shake, shake, and down it. Total time: 1-2 minutes. Rinse out the shaker cup and go back to work. I'm full (enough) and it keeps me going for the next 2-3 hours. Like Mike said, if you want it, you'll figure out a way to do it.

You can do it! Think about being at your goal weight at Christmas time, and it'll make a lot easier to pass up the nog. Focus on spending time with company, not on what there is to eat. It's a whole mind shift we all have to make.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby DogMa » November 9th, 2006, 12:04 pm

And for stuff like a birthday dinner, who's to say you can't just tell the people in your life that you'd like something else? How about going to a movie or a play or something with your friend? Or a shopping trip? Trying on stuff in a smaller size may be just what you need.

I agree with everyone else, though. You have to decide what you want and how much you want it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » November 9th, 2006, 10:03 pm

You really need advice on how to handle these? Ok, have a lean & green with your girlfriend, have a lean & green with your husband, have a lean & green on Thanksgiving, and on Dylans birthday/Christmas party, and at the office Christmas party, and finally on Christmas day.

Serendipity gives the best advice. I attribute my weight loss partly to her kicking my butt, through me reading her journal. She knows what she's talking about!!!!

It's all about making up your mind Stormy. Making excuses got me 20 additional pounds to lose on top of the l weight I already had to lose Last year when I first did MF. Cheating every 3 days put my body in a terrible state where it sucked up every last cookie, pizza, burger, etc. and made me extra fat and unhealthy.

Lastly, you and I are supposed to reach our goal! 120 by Christmas, remember?!! A new body for Christmas is the best thing you can give yourself, dontcha think! It's worth forgoing the mini hotdogs, cookies, and eggnog! And for your birthday, tell your husband you want a new dress, or some jewelry instead of food! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss