Scale is only ONE measure

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Scale is only ONE measure

Postby Mickeyz » May 24th, 2007, 2:01 pm

Last Sunday in Roll Call I was sort of disappointed about only losing 1.7 lbs. Then Diana posted a nice little reminder:

“Remember the scale is only ONE measure of how you're getting fitter, trimmer and healthier.”

Thank you Diana! I do have a tendency to get way too attached to my scale!

So I decided maybe she was right. The next day I had an idea :bigidea: and I started trying on clothes from my “too small” closet. I operate on the Goldilocks strategy, too big, too small and just right. :lol:

(I don’t take measurements since I seem to be ditzy at it so I judge by how clothes fit).

The good news is that many of my “too small” clothes fit and many others went straight into the “too big give away box”! Now that is a measure of success! :yes: Nothing like shopping in your own closet. :bananadance:

BTW, my give away box grows daily. Won’t the Women’s Center be thrilled to see me with all that booty! :D
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 24th, 2007, 11:40 pm

Isn't that the truth! Something we all need to remember sometimes, thanks Di for reminding us!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Scale is only ONE measure

Postby bikipatra » May 25th, 2007, 1:33 am

Mickeyz wrote:

BTW, my give away box grows daily. Won’t the Women’s Center be thrilled to see me with all that booty! :D

I have 10 boxes of clothes I can no longer wear. Before I started Medifast I gave away 5-6 boxes of clothes to the homeless that didn't fit. That was before I knew I would be losing weight. Most of it wasn't that great anyway since they were my beer-drinking clothes. Before I decide what to do with these boxes I need to go through and find a pair of size 26 pants that I was wearing when I started. I am now in a 16. But I want to do the "cliche" photo that Brian did!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: Scale is only ONE measure

Postby Diana » May 28th, 2007, 11:20 pm

Mickeyz wrote:Now that is a measure of success! :yes: Nothing like shopping in your own closet. :bananadance:

Sure is, Mickey!! Way to go!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby j0j0ruca » May 29th, 2007, 4:30 pm

I hear ya. I'm not relying on my scale anymore. I can weigh 227 one day and then be 221 the next. My weight flip flops all over like that EVERY day. I am going by how I feel and how clothes are fitting. I'm also going to rely on my monthly measurements This weekend I tried on a pair of pants and skirt at Old Navy for giggles. To my suprise they both fit. I also found some capris I had bought a long time ago - they fit. Things that I had thought were too tight now are too loose.
Start date: 2-05-07

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
j0j0ruca
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room