THE SCALE KEEPS GOING DOWN!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

THE SCALE KEEPS GOING DOWN!

Postby LessOfMe » May 9th, 2005, 6:52 am

Just reporting my weigh-in this morning at -32 pounds! I can't believe this! I am 56 yrs. old and NEVER thought I would get that motivation back again. I gave up years ago. The TSFL Program works!

I'll keep on shakin' and my goal this week is to start an exercise program of walking. My husband says I've lost two good-sized bowling balls when he wants to help me compare the difference between now and my starting weight. No wonder I feel so much better!

Nancy....remember me? Karen from Akron, OH.
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby bk » May 9th, 2005, 7:33 am

Wowie Zowie!!! You're off to an amazing start!!! Remember those bowling balls your hubby is talking about are great big man bowling balls too! Not the wee ones we delicate flowers tend to choose ;) You must feel fantastic!! Congrats!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 9th, 2005, 9:09 am

Karen~~that's funny......your DH comparing your weight loss to bowling balls. :roflmao:

Congrats on the downward moving scales. That is AWESOME. :kool: I'm glad you feel better and I know you have to be lookin' might fine. :yay:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Lost Weight

Postby Jan » May 9th, 2005, 9:58 am

I thought I'd share what I use to compare weight loss -- I send all my clients to check this out too. I go to the vegetable department in the grocery store and look for the sacks of potatoes. :D :x 10 pound loss 10 lb sack of potatoes -- 20 lb loss 20 pound sack of potatoes etc. Those potatoes are lumpy and bumpy too just like that ugly fat bumping around on us!! One lady told me she picked up two ten pound sacks and carries them around for awhile -- one in each hand-- it really lets us realize the amount of fat that is gone :o :o :o
Jan --
You can do it and so can I !!
Jan
Preferred member

Postby 24KaratGold » May 9th, 2005, 10:21 am

I was tossing 50 pound sandbags around in January, building a dam to prevent a neighbor's house from flooding. That really brought home to me how heavy 50 pounds are! And to think that I was "carrying around" two of them!

The pet store is good for comparisons too, because they sell animal food in 10, 20, and 50 pound sacks.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » May 9th, 2005, 10:54 am

Karen ~

Of COURSE I remember you and I am really happy for you and your success. This is the best thing ever, isn't it - you are Taking Shape and you are getting your Life back, too.

Fellow and Fellowette Losers ~ it is always a good idea to look at something tangible to help you to get an idea of your accomplishment. There are some weeks when your weight loss is minimal - maybe a cube of butter. Some weeks, it's a whole bag of dog food or 'taters. Don't obsess about it - it will happen. As you are faithful, the TSFL Program is faithful.

Take a lesson from Karen: this stuff works!

Happy shaking, Kids! :buddies:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room