Sarya

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Sarya » July 18th, 2006, 4:41 pm

they check your bags for food and drinks when you enter. I'm not expecting to be able to bring food in even if it's MF. I figure I will eat a MF meal before I go in, do my best inside, then eat again when I get out.

note to me: One more meal to go and I stayed on plan today. Although I think I burnt my jerk chicken :(
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sarya » July 19th, 2006, 10:21 am

My cousin's girlfriend started Medifast today. I keep waiting to see her join up over here, but so far I haven't noticed. I hope she ends up liking it too. You know when you recommend something to someone you always feel kind of bad if it doesn't work out for them.

I have been pretty unmotivated at work. Sometimes I think I only have a finite amount of motivation so if I put more into one area another area will lack. oops. At least you can be relatively unmotivated at work and still get things done. Just maybe not as much as you would normally.

Completely unrelated to my weight loss: I bought new hair care stuff last week. It is a brand called DevaCurl. I have something inbetween wavy and curly hair. I haven't been using real shampoo daily for over a year now, and I can't believe how much nicer my hair got. So now I have this sulfate-free no-lather shampoo stuff called no poo, new conditioner, new gel, and other stuff. It all smells so yummy; I love using it. I loved my Aveda Sap Moss stuff before but it smells kind of funny :} So far so good. My hair is shinier and a bit bouncier. I've decided I'm not getting my hair cut until October when I go to MA for my friend's wedding. I'm going to my best friend's hair stylist because she does an excellent job on all of my friends' hair. I'm still growing out this very bad haircut I got a few months back. It just has some very weird layers in it.

And back to weight loss.. I did lost another half a pound today. Yay for motivation. I am excitedly waiting to see the scale dip below 200.

I am worried about both this Saturday and next Wednesday. On the days I go off plan, I don't go off so badly that I derail my weight loss, but it does slow it down. That makes me sad when I don't want it to slow down, but I am so far unable to join in activities that have food surrounding me without partaking with everyone else. If I am unable to enjoy the food I find that I feel resentful and my psychological cravings go insane. It has made me decline on a variety of invitations that I would have otherwise accepted.

I grew up where food was always present at happy social gatherings. Where people hang out in the kitchen. Where I get to make all sorts of yummy dishes and share my love of food and cooking with others. I don't think that will ever change so I guess what has to change is how I handle those occasions. Truthfully though, I don't think it is those social occasions that really had a hand in any of my weight gain. I think it was more my day to day eating that did it. And my willingness to give in _all the time_ to godiva cravings, cake cravings, and pizza cravings.

SO. I will go to the ren faire, and I will go to the baseball game. I'll have fun. I'll eat some food. I won't go crazy about it. I'll have fun. Lots of water. It'll be hard not to have any mead at the faire, but at least I hate beer so the ballgame won't tempt me there :D the hot dogs though... they kill me with their sodium but they are OH SO good.

----

I have not been able to remember to eat today for anything. I'm finally eating my bar.. 45 minutes late. Oh and I don't like how the new fruit and nut bars taste. They have some sort of weird taste and smell now that reminds me of the dentist.

---
I think I am becoming a sugar free jello addict.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » July 19th, 2006, 3:23 pm

Ok. I'm going sort of off plan. I just slammed my toe into the doorway and I think one of my toes is broken. It hurt so bad I nearly passed out and felt nauseous. I would have had some sugar, but you know.. trying to stay compliant. So I ate some low fat cheese. So I guess I'll just have extra protein today.

Man, my toe is throbbing, red, and swollen. this sucks
Sarya

Postby Sarya » July 20th, 2006, 6:12 am

My foot is in hell. I have a doctor's appointment at 1:30 to have her look at it and make sure it'll heal ok. I guess I may also have to get a tetanus shot? Something I read said you do sometimes with a broken toe. God knows I have trouble keeping myself from getting hurt.

I did not stay on plan last night. First I had the cheese when I almost passed out, and then later I was really feeling weird and had a piece of bread and a SF popsicle.

I wouldn't expect a broken toe to cause me so much annoyance.. man I was wrong. My cat stepped on my foot this morning and I swear I wanted to boot him it hurt so much. I know he didn't mean it, but that initial pain made all reason leave my body.
Sarya

Postby Prancer » July 20th, 2006, 7:23 am

I hope your toe is ok. Does sound like you broke it if it hurts that much today. I have never heard about the tetnus shot for a break before, maybe you wont have to have one.

Kids and Cats are like magnets to pain.
Prancer

Postby Sarya » July 20th, 2006, 7:38 am

There was something about if you have a wound on your foot or anything, and in the summer my calluses rip off and sort of cause wounds so I'm not sure. I'll leave it up to the doc but I hope she doesnt do a shot :)

It is pretty bad. It's swollen, painful, and all kinds of colors.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » July 20th, 2006, 6:07 pm

Ok I've done much better today. My toe still hurts, but the doctor said it's not really messed up so it'll heal ok.

I didn't do anything crazy to my diet. YAY.

I cleaned out my closet. :shock: I'm so pleased at how few clothes I have now. I can't believe how many I had that I would never ever wear again.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » July 21st, 2006, 6:14 am

Good bye old clothes! I think when I am finished I will have 7 or 8 trash bags of clothing. Some of it will be taken by my roommate's gf, but the rest I am going to donate. The truth is that most of that clothing, while nice enough, is very old or has small stains etc. It is perfectly wearable however, and there are many people in the Cleveland area who just don't have a lot of money. Not to mention the fact that Cleveland is a very fat city yet most of the second hand clothing isn't. I hope some people get used out of my old duds. It's scary to get rid of them. Some of them I have had since high school. :shock: It's no wonder I gained weight when most of the clothes I wore then had stretchy materials and elastic waist bands.

You should have seen me.. like a little tornado I was trying on clothes and throwing them aside. Any shirt that was the least bit baggy or not flattering *chuck*

I did keep some things that I'll probably never wear. I have a small tshirt collection of shirts I keep for a variety of memories. It's not that big. Maybe a drawer full. I also kept the sweaters that were already in my dresser. For whatever reason I don't wear clothes in the dresser. I only wear clothes that are in the closet. So my dresser ends up being the storage area. I have high hopes that I will change that someday and use my dresser again for more than just under garments and makeup.

Yesterday was on plan. Today should be on plan. My toe and I are working from home again which is giving me the time to get all of these clothes bagged up and do laundry. YAY.

My (recently) ex-bf told me yesterday that now I had to go buy all new clothes. :shock: what?? I just cleaned out my closet!! I don't want any new clothes! Ok not true. I do want a pair of shorts. But why would I buy new clothes when all of my current clothes fit? I'll wait until they don't, then I'll buy smaller sizes!

I'm still waiting for the day when my bra size is small enough to be purchased at victoria's secret. I've lost another inch on that measurement which is now 38. I think it needs to be 34 before a 38 band size will fit comfortably. My cupcakes aren't really shrinking anymore though. Just the chest underneath them :)

I don't remember if I mentioned but yesterday at the doctor's I weight 202.3 which means that on the doctor's scale I am really just above onederland (my clothes are usually 2-3 pounds.. yes I did weigh them yesterday just to know before I went in.) excitement! I'm still holding on to my current scale's weight though since this is the one taking me through my MF journey.

I've never weighed less at the doctor's office than at home. I was tickled. So was my doctor. My BP is back in normal range (it was between normal and high). We didn't do any blood tests though which suits me fine. I don't really like needles.
Sarya

Postby DogMa » July 21st, 2006, 8:51 am

That's great about the doc's office. And VS bras go up to 40DD, so you might want to try. I'd never worn anything from there till recently, but now I have VS jeans, underdoodles AND a bra. I wish I could wear the label outside my clothes!!

I have the T-shirt collection, too. And sweat shirts that are too huge but I just can't part with.

Glad your toe is getting better, too. I've broken mine a few times, and it hurts like CRAZY. At least it's summer so you can wear open-toed shoes.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sarya » July 21st, 2006, 9:49 am

You're right. their mail order bras go up to 40dd but they only carry up to 38C in the store, and I am unwilling to mail order bras. Maybe it's only around here that they only have up to 38C because they used to have larger sizes!

In any case I think I am approaching (or at) 40C now. My 42s are getting loose and I have them on the smallest clasps.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » July 22nd, 2006, 4:04 am

I stayed on plan yesterday. Today I go to the ren faire where I will not. I will do my best however.

Too bad it's raining out. I hope it stops before we get there or no one will want to go in. it's going to be muddy.
Sarya

Postby SharonR » July 22nd, 2006, 7:58 am

Rain, did you say rain?? ahhhh...I wouild love some rain right now! It's been high 90's and low 100's all week, this weekend we are suppose to get record heat. :| :cry:

I just wanted to let you know that your doing a great job! Can't wait till we see you in ONEDERLAND! :yippee:
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Sarya » July 22nd, 2006, 11:22 am

Hi Sharon! Oh the rain! I have mud almost up to my knees! I didn't take any pictures because it was pouring out the entire time we were there. I just washed out my overly expensive sandals that I wore. I knew it would be gross out, but it exceeded my expectations :D

I didn't do too badly. I had some turkey leg which is never ever as good as it seems like it will be. Then I had some cinnamon pecans. I know.. not the best choice, but I did so much better than I anticipated :)

I might go back in August if it's nice; hopefully I'll take pictures then.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » July 25th, 2006, 3:28 am

That horrible totm is on the horizon, and it brought 2 pounds of bloat and a bucket full of cravings! Thanks body! Today is also another one of those early days at work which mean I will be up for most of 24 hours instead of just a portion. I wasn't able to fall asleep til after 1:30am; woke up at 5am, and I'll probably be awake til midnight. yay!

Tomorrow we have a field trip at work to go to the baseball game. I have promised to give baseball a shot since I am generally one of those females who just shrugs when confronted with professional sports. My dad thinks I need to give watching sports a chance.

Dunno.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » July 25th, 2006, 4:41 am

My inability to stick completely to plan has been driving me insane lately. I have to figure out what's up with that. I wonder if I have some sort of block about the weight loss. I mean.. it's been a long time since I've weighed even this weight never mind less.

So anyway.. I ate both a piece of cake AND a bagel during my early morning maintenance action at work. sigh. Hop up and get back on the train, Carrie.
Sarya

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal