Sarya

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Sarya » August 3rd, 2006, 10:37 am

Jo, Actually I have been experiencing a bit of weirdness. My weightloss slowed when I let the carbs do what they wanted and my cravings got insane to the point where I had a hard time controlling them. For the three weeks to a month previous to this week I was eating a bunch of high carb supplements in the same day (because I had too much of some stuff and not enough of others).. my carbs were hitting 90+ a day, and it was making a difference in how I felt and acted.

Sojourner, don't over worry about the carb count unless you're having trouble. As I said my cravings went through the roof and they're better now that I'm following the carb amounts MF suggests. It means I need to think a little more about my meal plan, but if it makes it easier to stay on plan I'm doing it. :)
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sarya » August 7th, 2006, 7:49 am

Every year we have this thing at work where all of the offices get together for a great big day of teambuilding and fun. I get to be my team captain this year. I fell right into that one, but they told me last year I should be a team captain so I'm not surprised. ah well.

So anyway we all get matching shirts just like families at Disney World. They're buying men's and women's sized shirts this year. The thing is that the company they're going through has for women: juniors s - xxl and plus 1x - 2x. Ok. The small is like the size of a piece of paper but 4 inches longer. It's been great for a laugh. I am completely unable to order a 1x or 2x for myself. I just can't do it. I'm getting the xxl. I'm sort of worried about it, but I've tried it on twice over my current shirt and it was fine. The thing is that this company did the typical thing where all of the junior sized shirts are cut nice and whatnot.. but the plus size shirts are like, Here is a bag to cover your fat. After about a 40 pound loss I just can't wear that. I'm trying to get used to seeing my body shape, not hide it in a big baggy shirt. The size chart tells me to buy the 2x, but I just can't see it. It's like wearing a size 2x mens tshirt, and I currently wear a large.

Hopefully my tummy won't hang out of the shirt I ordered! The juniors sized shirts are shorter than the plus size. I have two more weeks before we wear them. I'm sure it'll be fine and I'm just over worrying.

I had to cancel my plans for this coming weekend. We were supposed to go back to the faire, but work has changed the schedule and now I am on call. So no faire. It's too far from any usable internet access in the event that I have a problem to fix. In a way this is good because it means I won't be going to a place where I may eat off plan.

I can't believe I ate an entire half a pound of almonds on Saturday. I think I'm going to be paying for that one (down south) for days. ugh.
Sarya

Postby VTGirlie » August 7th, 2006, 8:00 am

Hey! How'd it go? :)
Bets
235/204MFStart/182/135
"Nothing is as good as this day"
VTGirlie
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » August 7th, 2006, 8:07 am

Oh no two posts back to back! I'm still really missing my old foods lately :( I don't know what's up with that. Could it be that I am in month 4 now, and that's just how it is after spending three months mostly not eating those foods? I mean.. I went from weekly (or more) pizza to having it a few times in the last few months. I went from weekly (or more) sweets to having well.. hardly any.

I don't know. I'm finding it hard to keep my head on straight, although my body is, for the most part, cooperating now. Provided I keep myself very structured. I'm planning my meal plans ahead of time.

I'm drinking less water though. I've given it up mostly in favor of koolaid or diet soda. I'm still getting in water, but I was getting in 64+ ozs of water and then a bottle or two of diet soda. Now I'm getting in a bottle or two of water and the rest diet soda or koolaid.

Yesterday I was very hungry. Most likely a result of half a pound of nuts the day before. :oops: That was horrible. I knew I should stop yet I wouldn't. So yesterday I went over my carbs because I had extra on-plan stuff. (extra lean and green and 2 cups of jello instead of 1)

Today that isn't allowed! It's so much easier for me during the week anyway. I have work to keep me structured.

I'm just glad I'm not doing anything to take me off plan this weekend. I sort of wish the wine festival wasn't last weekend because I was doing so well and I knew going would mess me up.

I wish I didn't have to keep away from some of my normal social engagements just to keep away from the food. I hope I learn how to deal with this before I am done transitioning.

Or maybe it will be the thing where I keep on my "diet" all of the time except for when I go out. But maybe it will be better after anyway because if I want a normal serving of bread I'll be able to have it. So I won't drool and think and think about bread without being able to have any.

I am worried about what will happen after I hit goal. But on the other hand I am also okay with eating MF for the long haul if it means keeping my weight under control.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » August 7th, 2006, 8:11 am

Hee Bets! Your post went right in between my two :)

It went ok. I ate bruschetta bread and cinnamon roasted almonds. I tasted many wines, but I really don't think I even got three glasses worth because by two glasses I'm tipsy and by four I am drunk. I didn't feel any of that, and you would have thought I would since I usually eat less food now. I did use the bread and nuts as a way to suck up the alcohol and keep my stomach from being empty while tasting.

All in all I'm glad I went because it's a fun tradition that my roommate and I like to share with our friends, but I sort of wish the timing was better :)

At least I didn't use the festival as a license to go across the street and get ice cream later on.. nor to order pizza. I just had my L&G and called it a day.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » August 7th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Oh no! Another post! I finally got a hold of a pilates studio in town that has what I am looking for. (There are a lot of pilates/yoga studios, but they all seem to focus on mat classes without any reformer work.)

The pricing is pretty reasonable too. It's $100 for the initial consult which is 4 private reformer classes and then about $22 per semi-private (6 people) group reformer class.

It's still a little steep to be paying about $50 a week for exercise, but I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I can always purchase a reformer for home if I like it. Plus it will help me in my mat workout.
Sarya

Postby VTGirlie » August 7th, 2006, 5:09 pm

Good job! I wish we had a pilates studio nearby. There is a jazzercise, but I'm so afraid of looking hopelessly idiotic that I can't bring myself to go. Don't panic if you gain a little muscle weight when you start- from what I hear it reforms your body and metabolism amazingly!

Sounds like you did great- don't be so hard on yourself. Not everyone can stop life and do this, and I think those of us who are dealing with food issues can relate to the struggle of learning to live a healthy lifestyle while losing weight.

:)

B
Bets
235/204MFStart/182/135
"Nothing is as good as this day"
VTGirlie

Postby Sarya » August 11th, 2006, 10:22 am

When I went home for the 4th of July (210ish) I bought a pink skirt at Old Navy in a 14 to wear to my cousin's wedding. It was a little tight in the waist and hips. Maybe I should use the word fitted, although it did stray to just this side of tight. I didn't zip the side zipper all the way when I wore it. It _could_ zip all the way up, but then the zipper would dig into my waist and hurt after a while.

Well I put the skirt on this morning (196ish) and it is now loose. loose. woot. I think it now fits the way it was designed to fit. It certainly looks longer on me.

As the days pass I realize I am more and more excited about being in the 1xx weight category. It sort of feels surreal to me.

At the same time I purchased this skirt I also bought a pair of size 12 boot cut stretch lee jeans in loose fit. Well they didn't fit loose. Let's go back to the fitted description again. The problem with these was that the size 14 loose fit had weird pockets of fabric in those places I'm not filled out (being the apple of the ground instead of the pear), and the size 14 slim cut looked a little funny (because I have strong well shaped legs instead of being like a banana). So anyway I went with the size 12 jeans even though they definitely needed to use that stretching power up in the hip area. Every time I put them on I sort of freak out for a second and think "these are not going to fit. how can these possibly fit??" yet they always fit. And now... they fit well. Like I think they fit the way they're supposed to.

I don't think I'm ready for a real (ie not stretchy) size 12, but I'm getting close! My size 14 capris are baggy butt, but they only have to last me another month, right??

I think I may be ready to try on those 38C bras at vicky's though. I don't think my measurements are quite in line with that size, but my 40c bras seem to be a little large nowadays.

---

with all that said I had a moment of panic this morning when I realized my friend's wedding is in a little over 10 weeks. I don't have a dress!! I need to get a dress! Crap what size dress will I wear? I can't get a dress?! 10 weeks is a potential 30+ pounds. WTH am I going to look like in 30 pounds?

I mean ok. at 238 I looked like a stuffed and blown up me. at 200 I looked smaller all around but essentially the same. I suspect that within the next 15 pounds my body shape may start to alter a bit. I mean.. 15 pounds from now I'm at about 180. But 30 pounds from now is pushing 165. 165!!!! Er... I mean.. will I have a tummy? will I have a waist? will I have droopy skin needing support undergarments? Can I wear one of _those_ dresses?? (You know the ones! When you go into a store and you lovingly yet enviously finger those sexy drapey figure flattering dresses on your way to the tents in the back corner??) Yeah.

I want to fast forward. LOL.

---

Tomorrow is the Feast of the Assumption. Oh no. Oh no I say! Italian food everywhere! I am going to try to keep my head and I believe we are also going to try to do a lot of walking. At least my totm isn't due or anything so I have some shred of willpower in my body.
Sarya

Postby GucciGoo » August 11th, 2006, 7:17 pm

I got your package today!!! Thank you! Yours is on the way. Let me know when you get it :)
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby DogMa » August 11th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Sarya, your posts have me on the edge of my seat. Will the T-shirt fit?? What about the bra? And what WILL she do about a dress???

As for eating out, I got much better the longer I'd been on the program. I'm still tempted on occasion, but most of the time I'm fine ordering a lean and green and I don't really feel deprived at all. I do avoid certain places/functions, though. There are some days when I'll flat-out tell someone I'm just not feeling strong enough to go somewhere and NOT have something I shouldn't. There will be other parties, dinners out, festivals, whatever. (I admit, though, I'm looking forward to maintenance so I can give IN sometimes. I would really like to go check out the state fair this year. Last year, I kind of thought there was no point if I couldn't eat.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sarya » August 14th, 2006, 7:10 am

The weekend was fun, but I'm really beginning to hate starchy carbs. They're tasty and filling, but they are one of the all time worst things to eat when you're on this diet. Yesterday and today I have that weird headache not a headache as my body transitions back to ketosis. Judging by my weight alone I'm going to guess that tomorrow will be better. I was up 2 pounds from the feast, down 1 today. I imagine I'll drop the second tomorrow morning and hopefully not feel like I am deprived all day. It's not that I feel hungry because I don't. It is an entirely different feeling, one that I am having a hard time explaining. Anyone know what I am talking about??

I start my pilates reformer workout tomorrow! I'm so excited about it! I am currently planning to eat a bar right before I go to the class, then have my L&G afterwards. I am still on the fence about what to add to my plan on the days I go to pilates. I was thinking an extra fruit drink or else extra protein in the L&G. Any opinions? I'm going to guess it's about a half hour - forty minute workout at least on the first day. Which is probably a burn of like 150-250 calories (I can't seem to find any good measure for this.) I know I have to add something, but I am sooooo sensitive to carbs I am worried about adding an extra shake on a bar day. The MF nutritionist said you'll still go out of ketosis if you add too many carbs regardless of if you worked them off or not. So I am more inclined to add protein. I dunno. I'll have to work out a meal plan for tomorrow and see what I come up with.

I was told on Saturday that I need new capri pants. I'm not so sure Target will still have any but I'll look tonight. I have to go buy workout clothes. My lounging clothes are workout clothes (yoga pants and a tank top), but well I put my yoga pants on last night and I swim in them. They're very comfy but they don't fit the criteria I've seen for pilates workout clothing. (Something you can move easily in yet is fitted to show the lines of the body.) They're loose enough I can totally see them getting stuck up in the moving parts of the reformer. Not good. And I'm not wearing my workout shorts because those are still a little too revealing. I wear them around the house sometimes, and I found myself embarrassed when I went downstairs in them one day when my roommate had people over. So yeah.. not going out in public in those. They fit but they're SHORT. As in they're about 3 inches from the crotch seam. They cover everything but that's it. I don't feel super fat anymore, but I'm still fairly certain that strangers don't want to see my extra fat and skin when I'm working out.
Sarya

Postby Serendipity » August 14th, 2006, 8:05 am

Sarya, You may want to check out Wally World. They carry Hanes and Danskin.....inexpensive, too!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby GucciGoo » August 14th, 2006, 9:46 am

Yeah, I also noticed that the last 5 days of compliance has been tough too. I have been having headaches and feel light-headed. I try to have chicken broth when I feel like that, but I really want pizza.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby Sarya » August 14th, 2006, 12:40 pm

mmm pizza. man I love pizza. I'm not actually craving it lately though which is sort of amazing to me. I'm just feeling icky in general. I really need to enforce the hermit rule or else carry cheese and cucumbers with me when I go to a party so I don't feel all cranky when everyone around me is munching on crap.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » August 14th, 2006, 3:31 pm

I went shopping after work today. It's so nice to go into the dressing room and have to pass clothing back because it's too big instead of too small! It's not so nice to spend a hundred or so dollars on new clothes every 4-6 weeks, but the new body makes it worth it.

Anyway! I bought a pair of jean capris in a size 13 juniors to replace the butt dragging size 14 misses I've been wearing. And I bought a very pretty jean skirt in a size 12 misses. YAY. I even managed to get some tshirts in a size medium, and a pair of work out pants in a size large. They're a little big, but the medium would have been scary looking.

That's all I really have at the moment. I'm happy with my new clothes. I'm fairly certain I haven't worn this size since college or earlier. Tomorrow: pilates! WOO
Sarya

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal