Roller coaster weekend

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Roller coaster weekend

Postby Jeanette » November 16th, 2003, 7:24 pm

Hi y'all...

It has been a rollercoaster weekend for me. Here's a quick recap:

Friday: My little potato chip slip, where I ate four or five Pringles because I was not prepared to be out without a packet.

Saturday: Since it was my day off, I slept on and off, which got me off schedule for my supplements and not drinking enough. I became very dizzy after getting out of the shower. Luckily my husband was there and helped me by getting me a diet soda to get sodium in my body.

We went to a fundraiser where there was lots of good food. I only had my supplements (ONTIME this time) and celery. I felt very confident. It was on the way home that I confessed all to my dear husband (DH). He was actually more supportive than I thought, and I felt ashamed that I didn't trust him more from the start. I asked him to keep my secret for now.

Sunday: Church and my niece's christening. We went to a cafeteria style restaurant. I got a slice of roast turkey and a small salad and picked at it. My husband saw I was just picking at it and drinking alot of water, and gave me a knowing wink! ;) I think he is going to be my best supporter.

When we got back to my niece's home, there was cake and ice cream for everyone...I occupied myself with the baby while my husband helped run interference.

All in all, I would consider this weekend a victory. And I am very excited to get on the scale in the morning to tally week 1's progress.

Stay tuned!!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Ellen » November 16th, 2003, 8:16 pm

Jeanette,
Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. You faced some serious challenges and came through with flying colors!!!

I'm so glad you were able to tell you husband. I really feel that it helps to have an ally in the home field. My husband is the greatest with this. He constantly tells me how skinny I'm looking, even in the beginning when I was having a hard time seeing the difference myself.

You are going to be a total success story, I know it!!!

Hang in there and keep building up those little successes, because success breeds confidence which in turn breeds more success.

Have a great shaking week.
Ellen
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Lois » November 16th, 2003, 8:40 pm

WOW, Jeanette!!!!!!!

You faced so MANY challenges so early in the program, and you've done a GREAT job.

I am really, truely impressed!

And....I'm so happy you were able to tell your husband about Medifast, and he responded so positively....that's GREAT!!!!! :D

I, like Ellen, have found my husband to be a tremendous support. I'm sure that your DH ;) will be a great support, too.

Here's to a wonderful week :toast:

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Roller Coaster

Postby Nancy » November 17th, 2003, 10:23 pm

Hey, Jeanette ~

You really DID coast this past weekend! Wowser! :lol: :lol:

I am so very proud of you! Your weekend success will help you the next time that you are faced with the temptations of eating foods not listed on your "OK to Eat Now" list!

Your husband must be really pleased with the way you were able to stick with your plan. I'm glad that he ran interference for you, too. You two were able to score because you make a great team! Go for your goal!

My husband has been a wonderful part of the reason that I was able to reach my weight goal so efficiently – he fixed my morning shake for me (and he still does!).

Keep up the super work, dear Cyber Friend!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss