results not typical

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

results not typical

Postby reformer » July 23rd, 2006, 8:26 pm

I have noticed in the ads the small print that says "results not typical" I hope I am one of the NOT typicals. I have :| not lost any weight since last Thursday, but from now on I am only going to weigh once a week. I have lost 8 lbs in 16 days and the program promises 2-4lbs/week so I am on track that way. Also, I think I have a lot of muscle which weighs more than fat. I've also read that you lose the intramuscular fat first, then the outer layers. Thanks for all the replies.
reformer

Postby DogMa » July 23rd, 2006, 8:46 pm

Actually, the program makes no promises. No reputable program does. The AVERAGE is 2-5 pounds a week, but many people lose less and some people lose more.

Eight pounds in 16 days is phenomenal, but many things can affect your weight each day. Fluctuations are normal, so people should only weigh daily if they recognize that and aren't going to be bothered by the scale either not moving or moving in the wrong direction some days.

And be aware that many, many people hit a plateau around the third or fourth week, especially if they've lost quite a bit in the beginning.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Aerie » July 24th, 2006, 3:31 am

All of us hit plateaus. That IS typical. Just keep shakin and the weight will come off.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Prancer » July 24th, 2006, 6:10 am

I've noticed every plan says results not typical. It always makes me laugh. They advertise with the stories of the fantastically successful people but then say not typical. Just shrug it off, as the others said it will work, keep shaking. I hit a long plateau in my 3&4th week but when it was over the weight started off again. You will keep losing if you keep using the program.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » July 24th, 2006, 7:08 am

"Results not typical" is an FDA regulation.

It's mainly because if people aren't fully educated and mentally ready for the program and don't have the proper support in place, the results aren't typical.

This is true with just about anything you want to achieve in life.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby alohacate » July 24th, 2006, 11:57 am

And be aware that many, many people hit a plateau around the third or fourth week, especially if they've lost quite a bit in the beginning

Aha, this explains 11 days of scale non compliance!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SharonR » July 24th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Unca_Tim wrote:"Results not typical" is an FDA regulation.

It's mainly because if people aren't fully educated and mentally ready for the program and don't have the proper support in place, the results aren't typical.

This is true with just about anything you want to achieve in life.

Interesting, Like Jenn I always see those with every program advertised on tv. The bottom line, if you don't stick to it you won't see the results...IMHO of course :mrgreen:
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.