my typical day

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

my typical day

Postby butterpecan » January 28th, 2004, 4:20 pm

here is my typical day (i typed this somewhere else but i cant find it )anyway, i get up about 6am have my first shake about 730 to 800am then i watch tv, get online or nap off and on thru the day, right now i am not working so i cant do that to stay busy, i dont know why today is so hard i am so very hungry and want all the things i know i cant have u know like church's chicken, chinese food, mcdonalds etc. right now i am sipping on a cup of chicken bouillion, boy i will be glad when this passes, i dont feel as though i have went thru ketosis yet i wish it would hurry up and come bcuz i dont have much energy cold all the time and sleepy any tips or tricks or whatever u can tell me about will be greatly appreciated. I am doing 3 shakes a day along with chili or soup and the bar and i have the lean green meal, I want to do the full plan but right now my stomach wont allow it i be craving that food. So that is pretty much for my typical day. Thanks for listening
butterpecan
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Ellen » January 28th, 2004, 6:56 pm

Sounds like you are doing great! There are two kinds of cravings, the real hunger cravings and the mental "gee I really want some of ---". You'll experience some of each kind. The real hunger will go away for the most part (or it did for me), but those cravings will still pop up from time to time. When I get a craving, instead of picturing the offending food, I try to picture myself looking thin and fit.

Distraction works. It is really hard for me when I have to be home all day. I liked to get in my car and go somewhere during those early days. I'm re-starting right now after 2 months off and unfortunately we're snowed in. That's driving me nuts- not being able to go anywhere.

I found that I was cold and tired for the first week or two, but that got a little better. I'm still dealing with the cold issue, but then again it is downright freezing here!!!

Keep up the great work and hang in there, the hardest part is probably behind you.

Ellen
248/216/125
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 29th, 2004, 4:36 am

It sounds like you are getting through your tough time successfully though!
Good for you! ;)

Unless there is some barrier to movement or getting out of the house, I echo Ellen's sentiments, Distraction Works. I mopped my floors, did alot of laundry, did my nails and shopped E-Bay. I have since thrown myself in to school and gotten involved with a charity doing volunteer work. Watching TV and napping would kill my Medifast plan!!! I am just past the two week mark now and it really does get easier - if you are doing the "lean" as chicken, you might try spritzing it with olive oil or pam (cooking spray) and baking it a little longer to brown - it might help with that Church's chicken craving!

How many days have you been doing Medifast now? It takes about three days to get in to Ketosis, and some people don't notice the effects of it other than weight loss, so you might not realize you are there!

Just keep thinking about WHY you are doing this and what it is you REALLY want! You know that commercial for Nutrigrain Breakfast bars where the people all have doughnuts around their waists (and the one were the beautiful woman has a huge cinnamon roll for a backside?) well, just decide which you want more.....Church's Chicken for hips, or lean and healthy! If you want lean and healthy, ya gotta eat lean and healthy!!!

You did the right thing checking in on the boards and posting - that has helped me get through some of those overwhelming cravings and hard times. When you find yourself wandering in to the kitchen to snack, wander right back out and to the computer. There are hours worth of reading here in old posts that are both educating and inspirational!

Keep up the good work and will power and you WILL see that it pays off in results! :D
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » January 30th, 2004, 1:02 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Turn off the TV!!! Way too many food commercials! :twisted: :twisted:

Get up, get busy and go outside! Change your scenery and you'll change your mind! :shock:

Food is not our focus - fitness, improved health, smaller clothing, happier hearts, etc. that's what we need to focus on and close our eyes to those horrible FOODY commercials and ads in magazines! Argh!!! MakeMEThinner, take me away-y-y-y-!!! :!:

I totally understand where you are today. ;) During the ice and snow storms here in The Couve, I was held captive by the TV. I hardly ever watch it and there was nothing else to do - the college was closed, our city shut down and we were virtually stuck at home. I wanted to bake biscuits, cornbread and cookies and make a big pot of chili and lie around and eat. I turned off the tube and called our daughter to come over and we played Mexican Train and other table games.

Get up and get away! :lol: Back away from the tube!!
:lol:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss