red bell peppers

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

red bell peppers

Postby Allie » August 19th, 2006, 2:47 pm

I thought that the quick start said that red bell peppers were legal, but i was reading posts on the lean cusine, and someone said that they were not leagal. I love them.

Are they ok?
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bdg » August 19th, 2006, 3:33 pm

I believe they are now legal, but at one time they weren't. That may be the answer.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby Allie » August 19th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Are the ones in the jars ok? The ones I like are fire roasted and then peeled, and come packed in water.
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie

Postby JKSRN » August 19th, 2006, 4:12 pm

I usually use fresh grilled peppers in their rainbow of different colors. Maybe, you should check the label on the peppers in a jar. I would think that if they are not seasoned highly with salt, or have additives, and are in water, then they should be alright. When I am not sure about a product, I will compare the contents--fresh vs jar or can, and go with the one with equal nutrients or with less 'no-no's' for our program. ;)
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Mike » August 20th, 2006, 10:33 pm

The previous quick start guide just said green peppers were okay. The newest quick start guid says peppers (and in parenthesis under says green, yellow, and red)... so they are now all legal. Again, the green are best, with fewest carbs, but the others are okay also.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LovenElvis » August 21st, 2006, 12:44 pm

Just becareful on the amount...from what I understand they can be high in calories.

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » August 21st, 2006, 12:49 pm

I haven't had any problems with red peppers. I use fresh, frozen, and in jars. Just look at the ones in the jars to make sure nothing was added to raise the carb or sodium content.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Allie » August 21st, 2006, 4:08 pm

I was curious, How much sodium are we allowed to have in a day? I was always a huge salt eater, and now with all the extra water I am drinking (I am upto 90oz a day), I feel crappy if I don't add extra salt.

The bell peppers that I like have 20mg of sodium per serving, but I usually only have a half serving, mixed with onions and lettuce, or zuccinis. Is that still ok?
Allie

Return to Come on in.