Quick start guide?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Quick start guide?

Postby nickieluv » December 29th, 2006, 1:14 pm

Hi all;

I've read a lot about the Quick start guide and how I should read it. However - when I placed my order this time it wasn't technically my first, even though it's been several months since I ordered - so I didn't get the Quick start guide and I don't have it from last time. It is online somewhere? And would you all recommend the books that you can get, or will the Guide tell me enough?

I'm specifically wondering about the serving sizes for meats/greens, and which vegetables to avoid. I'm pretty sure I know which vegetables are too starchy, but I don't want to get bored with broccoli so there may be something out there I'm not aware of. And I thought I read somewhere that seafood has a larger or smaller portion size than other protein sources? Or is everything just a standard 5oz portion?

Also - 1 1/2 cups of broccoli has to be fewer calories/carbs than 1 1/2 cups of green beans or peas - are those no-no's? Or are there different portions for different vegetables?
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » December 29th, 2006, 2:26 pm

Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Karli » December 29th, 2006, 2:44 pm

And, specifically, page 5 will give you portion sizes and the accepted veggies. Just a quick note, though, peas (and carrots) are indeed a no-no (but there are peas in the beef stew :mrgreen:)
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby nickieluv » December 29th, 2006, 5:12 pm

Thanks, Unca. I'm printing it out right now.

Karli, I had a bad moment. I could pretend ignorance but I knew carrots were bad - but I had a few anyway in my L&G tonight. The fact that they weren't green should have clued me in....
nickieluv

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 29th, 2006, 6:25 pm

I still carry around that page of the quick start guide that I printed for when I go out for L & G's!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Mike » December 30th, 2006, 12:15 pm

Nickie,
Have you tried turnips. I know it sounds weird, but if you slice them thin and bake them with seasoning its almost like fries or chips. Also, if you cube them and add them to veggies they aren't bad.
Might help replace the carrot desire.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby nickieluv » December 30th, 2006, 1:27 pm

I never thought I'd eat a turnip. It sounds worth a try, though. Thanks!
nickieluv

Postby Sojourner » December 30th, 2006, 9:10 pm

nickieluv wrote:I never thought I'd eat a turnip.

Me either!! They're delish how Mike suggested, they're like chips if you slice them thinly. Yum. My favorite way to prepare them, though, is to slice the tops of them off and nuke them for about 6-7 minutes (depending on their size), spray them with ICBINB, salt and pepper to taste and viola! A fake baked potato. SO GOOD. In fact, I'm gonna' go fix one up right now, thanks!!
:bib:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.