Quick Start Guide and Snacks

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby MusicalMomma » May 9th, 2006, 8:53 am

Yep, Joan and Robin, I totally get what you're saying. I try to steere clear of snack because they only make me want more!!!! I guess there's varying opinions and options out there, but I sure am glad for medifast!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » May 9th, 2006, 12:09 pm

I don't snack either. I'm not sure when I would fit it in....I mean, I eat 6 times a day already. Once in a blue moon, I'll eat a dill pickle if my husband picks one up at the salad bar, but for the most part, I just don't snack.

When they announced the soy crisps....ranch and cheddar both sounded so good. I'm not sure I trust myself even trying them as salty snacks were one of my downfalls before MF. Anyone else feel that way? Are you gonna test it? I might try them if I get a sample, but I don't think I want a case of them sitting around my house any time soon.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby jump4joy » May 9th, 2006, 12:35 pm

I feel that way, Jo! Salty snacks and candy/cookies were my downfall, so I'm a little nervous about liking them TOO much. I'm not snacking much these days either....lately, I've had to set my timer so I don't forget to get my supplements in on time.
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Sarya » May 9th, 2006, 1:30 pm

I am afraid to snack. I'm afraid I'll go overboard or that I'll trigger stronger hunger cravings or something. Maybe after I've been on the plan a while and I feel more confident I'll change my mind. I'm just glad I like the chocolate shakes and caramel nut bars so much because I crave chocolate like no tomorrow when I have pms.

--S
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 9th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Hi, I agree totally with Joy and everyone who mentioned the temptation of snacks, such as chips, etc.. that can arise and waken us to want more! Today, for example, I decided to have a bag of the Cheddar crisps. Well, I found myself asking, 'why are you having these, you are not hungry'? Casey, my dog, was very pleased that I put the question to myself!!! He ate three quarters of the bag!!!
;)

Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby DogMa » May 9th, 2006, 9:48 pm

Yeah, mine will be somewhat of a test for me. I want to save them and have them at predetermined times - like a bag at the movies, or at a party when I know other people will be snacking or something.

With my current 6-and-1 experiment, I have no TIME to eat anything else. Although I usually have a packet of crackers with my soup or chili (I'm thinking of cutting that to half a packet, but since right now I'm INCREASING calories, I'm holding off).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 9th, 2006, 10:57 pm

I ordered a box of the white cheddar...but I'm also scared! I don't snack very often, I just wanted to 1) try them, and 2) put them in the emergency stash. I don't see myself turning back into a snacker (mostly out of fear!) I doubt I'll order any more! Scary! Probably WAY too yummy! I'm just skeered!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Arklahoma » May 10th, 2006, 6:34 am

I doubt that I'll be eating these when I'm at home, but they are so portable that I know they will be a mainstay in my backpack on days I'm at the hospital. Very convenient and I'm thrilled that they added them to the plan!!!
Arklahoma

Postby DogMa » May 10th, 2006, 1:52 pm

For just that reason, Ark, I wish they'd make a meal-size version instead. I'd gladly have something so portable as a meal.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Arklahoma » May 10th, 2006, 2:26 pm

I agree with you. It would make things a little easier.
Arklahoma

Postby lifelovinaries » May 14th, 2006, 7:10 pm

Snacky type stuff, my downfall...that is the main reason I have not made the MF brownies, cookies and such. I REFUSE to order the crisps for fear of overdose. Although, I was hoping that they sent a sample or two with my last order...alas, no such luck.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby lchuge5 » May 14th, 2006, 8:44 pm

So the old medifast protocol called for smaller Lean portions of the L&G meal?
lchuge5

Postby Ketann » May 14th, 2006, 8:58 pm

Hi all! Snacks scare me. That's how I got here. 5 MF meals and 1 L&G is plenty for me. I actualy had to force myself to get my evening shake down. The nutmeg helped a little ;) . I got the same Quickstart guide as the one Unca's link. I actually typed out the allowed veggie list and put it on the fridge so I wouldn't mess up. I'm prolly still in the honeymoon phase of this plan, but I have failed on so many diets. In my opinion this diet is the second best thing that ever happened to me (hubby is first). I think it's good they allow snacks, but I made a personal choice that until I learn some self control, I am keeping them out of my mouth, lol.

Shakes and hugs,
Keturah
Ketann
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby summerblue » May 15th, 2006, 7:05 am

i figured that out as well - i *always* put crackers in my soup for lunch, and then in the evening have a pudding (to replace the old HAVE TO EAT COOKIES or Ice Cream habit).

But I follow the rest of the diet to a T 99% of the time. I figure if I do have 2 snacks in one day, in NOW WAY does that equal the almost 3,500 calories I USED to consume in a day.

I've only lost nearly 17 lbs - but I have 4 inches from my waist gone :-)
Start Date: September 17, 2006!!!!

DH also on MF, Kids Are 12 and 10 - and of course OAKLEY the dog :-)
summerblue
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Conflicting info?

Postby Sasa » June 8th, 2006, 11:10 am

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, ya'll. I agree with all about the pitfalls of snacks and I understand why we would be limited to only one a day for the fast soups, crackers and chips. But I'm confused about what appears to me to be conflicting information in the most recent version of the quick start guide. On page 5 it tells us to drink 64 ounces of plain water plus any noncalorie beverage and they list there things like crystal light, iced tea, diet sodas, coffee, and instant broth/bouillon. Then on page 7 it says we're only allowed to have 1 cup of boullion a day. :hammerhead1: Which is it? Am I just being stupid here? Also, I pulled up from the medifastdiet.com website's downloads page a list of allowed condiments and it says we're only allowed 5 packets of sweetner and 4 tablespoons of flavored syrups a day. :shock: Is that true? I avoid aspartame but really count on splenda to make life more pleasant. Am I misreading it?
Sasa
Regular Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss