Quick Start Guide and Snacks

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby JKSRN » June 8th, 2006, 12:06 pm

I think that Page 5 is a 'general list' of approved beverages in addition to 64 oz of plain water. In the next paragraph, it mentions coffee, as it did in the above paragraph, but limits coffee to three cups a day. I can see where someone might take the whole list of beverages to be unlimited. As you did, when you read on, you can come across the limitations of certain liquids, such as the coffee and the bouillon.

On Page 7, is a list of the approved snacks per day, and it mentions one cup of bouillon, like you mentioned. Bouillon has a lot of sodium in it, and most likely is limited because of that. But, if one were to feel weak, dizzy, etc.., a person's electrolytes might be a bit off, and having an extra cup of bouillon, usually relieves such symptoms. This usually occurs in the beginning of the program. I have never incurred such a problem while on program, and I don't use bouillon as a snack, as I don't want to deal with any water retention. Maybe, other forum members will jump in here with their thoughts. Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » June 9th, 2006, 2:15 pm

The actual "rule" is one snack per day and one cup of broth counts; however, I did MF many, many years ago when two snacks per day were allowed and I was successful. My advice is to go by the official rule but if you're having an off day and need a little extra umph then have some broth. You will definitely have the water retention but it comes right back off.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Dayna » June 9th, 2006, 3:26 pm

DogMa wrote:I want to save [the soy crisps] and have them at predetermined times - like a bag at the movies, or at a party when I know other people will be snacking or something.

What a good idea! I think I'll try to do the same thing - save them for "special events," like the 4th of July BBQ . . .
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby ascicles » June 9th, 2006, 4:35 pm

DogMa wrote: I want to save them and have them at predetermined times - like a bag at the movies

That's exactly what I do. I ate them every day at first, but I found that I liked them a bit too much, and I didn't want to get in the habit of including them daily. I take them to the movies though.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby DogMa » June 9th, 2006, 5:07 pm

And of course, I now eat them every day. But I've been having another brand of 'em that comes in 100-calorie packs as my sixth supplement and either no snack or just half a snack. The nutrition's pretty close to our supplements, and while they don't have all the extra vitamins that Medifast products do, I figure it's OK since I'm still having five supplements and a lean and green every day.

So far, I've been losing pretty steadily again, so I'm not changing anything unless/until I stall again.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Arklahoma » June 10th, 2006, 1:45 pm

DogMa ~ I just noticed that you hit 60#'s ... CONGRATS!!!
Arklahoma

Postby DogMa » June 10th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Thank you, thankyouverymuch. I'm sure I'll be seeing you in here pretty soon!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Previous

Return to Weight Loss