Quick Start Guide and Snacks

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Quick Start Guide and Snacks

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 8th, 2006, 8:44 am

Hi, everyone.

I just called main Medifast, because there seems to be some confusion over snacks allowed. And, I, for one, had been reading from two different info sources, which were conflicting.

I was informed that we are only allowed one snack a day, either a Medifast snack OR the celery, pickles, jello, popsicles, etc.. This is NOT what my Quick Start Guide stated. Come to find out, I was sent an outdated Guide!! Hello?!!? :x I do not participate in having any snacks per day, however, I have noticed on the forum that there are many questions regarding snacks.

I had actually quoted my old Guide in answering one post, and I just wanted to clarify that the quote was in error, taken from an outdated booklet, that there is an updated version of the guide available, if you have not received it, just call your distributor or Medifast. I was clued in, by going online to the Adobe site and read that the current guide differed from mine. :idea: Please check your Quick Start Guides to be sure that you have the current one.

Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 8th, 2006, 9:05 am

Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 8th, 2006, 12:45 pm

I was in the same boat...

I only found out the difference when I downloaded the NEW quick start guide from the MF site. Unca has a new one available for download too!

It WAS confusing...I'm glad it's clarified now. I guess they just shipped out what was left of what they had of guides.

I wish they would make announcements (like throw out your old guide...yay popscicles, etc), maybe they will from now on!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby BoPeep1 » May 8th, 2006, 1:34 pm

I guess I'm gonna be the rebel. Since I've been losing with what I've been doing I'm gonna stick with the old guide.

I wonder what the reason for the change was.
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby jump4joy » May 8th, 2006, 2:04 pm

I lost weight just fine and got thin twice on the old protocol. My doctor has supervised many, many patients for many years on MF and thinks the old protocol is just fine....and that's the plan I am used to. So I'm a "rebel" with ya, Brandi. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I say. :mrgreen: I don't see an improvement from the old protocol to the new (my and my dr's opinion). I do like the newer Transistion protocol better though.
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » May 8th, 2006, 4:56 pm

One major improvement, in my book: the addition of yellow and red peppers in the allowed veggies list. But why salsa was removed from the condiments, I don't get. I'm not giving up salsa anytime soon, though.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby jump4joy » May 8th, 2006, 5:50 pm

I like peppers, but they don't like me.....if I have just a small amount, I get an upset stomach. :( Wish I could have 'em. You know, the changes in MF protocol were relatively minor. It used to be that women were allowed less meat...and for me, the 7 oz. of chicken & fish suggested now is just too much. I can't eat that much for my L & G. I usually don't even have a MF snack, but I like knowing that I CAN have the extra snacks allowed on the old protocol if I want them. Just my contrary nature, I guess. :twisted: I never ever eat celery...even though it's always been allowed...to me it's tasteless alone. I think of it as an ingredient...not something I would actually sit down and EAT. I've always been a picky eater. I have to doctor all of the supplements (chocolate shakes/RTD's the exception) to make them palatable to me. I love my salsa too and NOT giving it up either! ;)
jump4joy

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 8th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Has anybody noticed ANYTHING ELSE NEW in the new quick start guide download that I should be aware of? Just making sure nothing changed when I wasn't looking! Thanks!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 9th, 2006, 6:10 am

Jump4Joy: Hi, I didn't mean to imply "protocol" change, nor did I mention that one booklet was not as efficient for weight loss as the new one, and I am not really sure where that came from?? :?: :? I was merely noting new additions such as the three pepper varieties and the popsicles, as well as other minor changes. "If it ain't broke, you don't fix it", is my mantra, just like it is for you, except when it comes to dieting, that can always be fixed!! And, also, this is my first and my only time on wonderful Medifast!!! Some of us have never tried the Medifast program before, and, as for me, I am committed to being 100% compliant for the long haul, so when I do notice a discrepancy between two different guides, and called Medifast for clarification, I just wanted to share what I learned from the phonecall, that is all. Everyone should do what works for them, whatever floats your boat!!! Continued success is wished for you and everyone in their weight loss journey :-P

Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 9th, 2006, 6:14 am

Hi DeDe, I will look over the guide when I get it to be sure nothing else is new. I will let you know as soon as it arrives. :D :D and have a safe flight!!

Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby MusicalMomma » May 9th, 2006, 6:50 am

I think sometimes they make little changes here and there just to keep us on our toes!! LOL Ya know..."trick" us into thinking that "this little change will help us lose better or faster". Like the number of snacks issue...it says ONE snack per day, but a 70 calorie soy crisp snack, does not equal a 10 calorie sugar free jello snack or zero calorie pickle snack...I think the "one snack rule" is to keep things more simple...but I am a complicated person and simple is a tough concept for me LOL HAHAHA!!!!! :roflmao:

For me personally, I wish they'd change the "one snack rule" to a "70 extra calories allowed per day". But that's just me :)
MusicalMomma

Postby jump4joy » May 9th, 2006, 8:20 am

Ct. Yankee wrote:Jump4Joy: Hi, I didn't mean to imply "protocol" change, nor did I mention that one booklet was not as efficient for weight loss as the new one, and I am not really sure where that came from?? :?: :? I was merely noting new additions such as the three pepper varieties and the popsicles, as well as other minor changes. "If it ain't broke, you don't fix it", is my mantra, just like it is for you, except when it comes to dieting, that can always be fixed!! And, also, this is my first and my only time on wonderful Medifast!!! Some of us have never tried the Medifast program before, and, as for me, I am committed to being 100% compliant for the long haul, so when I do notice a discrepancy between two different guides, and called Medifast for clarification, I just wanted to share what I learned from the phonecall, that is all. Everyone should do what works for them, whatever floats your boat!!! Continued success is wished for you and everyone in their weight loss journey :-P

Joan

I know you weren't implying anything about the different protocols, Joan. :) I just wanted to add some comments about the changes in the program, even though they are relatively minor. If my comments sounded like I was irritated or taken in any kind of negative way, please, please know that that wasn't my intention. I'm so sorry if I sounded like I was jumping on you or if I offended in any way! Many times the written word doesn't convey the tone or friendly feelings that the writer wishes to convey. I don't always express my thoughts the way I'd like to or in the best way. :oops: I think that those on the program for the first (and hopefully last!) time SHOULD follow the current program...and I should have said that. I truly don't want to come across as anything other than friendly and supportive. :rose:
jump4joy

Postby DogMa » May 9th, 2006, 8:27 am

Joyce, I agree that a cup of Jell-O or two pickle spears don't equal a packet of crackers or soy crisps. But I think it would be a mistake to give people the freedom of just 70 extra calories. You know for a lot of people, they would think that gave 'em license to eat 70 calories of candy or junk food.

It does seem silly that you can have 60 calories (crackers) or 70 (apparently the soy crisps), but if you want an extra pickle spear or to have two spears AND some Jell-O, you "can't." That's just plain silly.

As for me, I have a packet of crackers probably five days out of the week. And Jell-O once every few weeks (not a whole cup, though; that's a lot). New rules or old, I'm not much of a snacker anymore, especially when I'm eating so often anyway!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 9th, 2006, 8:40 am

Joy, thank you for your reply, as I really didn't know where you were coming from?!! :D I agree that sometimes when we write something, it is not always taken in the manner we hoped, when we wrote it. I appreciate your response, and again, I do wish you very good luck and success as we all 'trudge' toward our goals. Bless! :D

Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 9th, 2006, 8:49 am

Joyce, I understand the thought that maybe MF should just make it simpler, by saying that we can have one 70 calorie snack choice a day.

But, I think that this would only serve to slow some, in their weight loss. It probably is an individual choice if someone wants to eat crisps everyday of the week, but, I know that if I did, with my already slow weight loss, that I would plateau immediately.

Dogma, I totally agree with you! It would be an excuse to cheat on tempting foods, not good for us. I am with you. I might have crackers once a week if that, with soup, but otherwise like you, I don't snack hardly at all. The joy of not having hunger pangs on Medifast!! :D

Joan
Ct. Yankee

Next

Return to Weight Loss