Question....

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Question....

Postby Kim » September 26th, 2004, 3:33 pm

I'm planning to start MF next week, once my supplies get here. I have a question about coffee. I know that we can have up to 3 caffinated drinks a day. However, I drink white coffee - which is underroasted coffee beans - my issue is that it is made with ff milk (and I already use SF syrup). Is this unacceptable during the weight loss phase? I suspect it is - except that I noticed that if you run out of MF they say to drink a glass of skim/ff milk --- so I'm wondering... :?:
Kim

Postby explorthis » September 26th, 2004, 4:31 pm

Hey Kim, welcome, Nancy and her team are on Vaca for 3 weeks. Here is the answer directly from the FAQ section:

What can I put in my coffee?

If you wish, you may use low fat or skim milk or small amounts of half and half in your coffee or tea. You may also use artificial sweeteners such as Equal® if desired.

As for "white coffee" I assume you mean regular coffee, cream white, correct?

Here is the link to the FAQ section, very helpful...

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-566.html

Welcome - Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

White Coffee

Postby kim2223 » September 26th, 2004, 4:45 pm

No, it's not with cream. It's made with ff milk and underroasted coffee beans (they are greenish brown). I usually drink an 8 or 16 oz one with sugar free syrip. I know it sounds wierd - but I don't like the taste of coffee. This has no taste other than a slightly nutty flavor - you really just taste the sf syrup.
kim2223

Postby explorthis » September 26th, 2004, 4:55 pm

It's made with ff milk

Is there a calorie content listed? If it’s all zero’s across the board, or close to it, then no harm no foul. However, remember, caffinated drinks will cause a little more “coffee jitters” than your used to. Remember, your consuming 500=700 calories a day on this program, and there is no solid food (unless your on a lean green modified) to absorb the excess caffeine. I don’t see any problem with an 8-16oz. cup though.

-Mike
explorthis

milk

Postby ok.. » September 26th, 2004, 6:00 pm

Well, an 8 oz cup of ff milk - how many calories is that? I don't think it's 0 - so it probably wouldn't be allowed.
ok..

Postby explorthis » September 26th, 2004, 8:13 pm

Kim, sorry for the confusion. I thought you used some form of beans
“white coffee - which is underroasted coffee beans - my issue is that it is made with ff milk”
and used ff milk as a flavoring, along with your syrup. My mistake. Milk is definitely taboo on Medifast. Can only use a squirt for flavoring.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Mike
explorthis

Milk

Postby Kim » September 26th, 2004, 11:20 pm

That's ok, that's kind of what I thought....I guess I'll have to get caffeine with diet soda or tea or something!! :-P
Kim

Return to Come on in.