Question about Pilates

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Question about Pilates

Postby Helen » March 7th, 2006, 12:09 pm

Hello,
Ok a brief history. I lost last year over 40 pds on MF in 2 months (full fast). I didnt excercise until the end. I dont remember how that affected me, I dont think at all :? . Now I'm back on the full fast, 5 MF meals with a snack and walk to and from work (15 min. each way) every day (this has been the case for 6 months now, way before re-starting MF). But I just got my Pilates videos and want to tone while I lose. I wont be doing any cardio other than the walking to work thing. But Pilates is a 20min workout. So if I start to do this will this slow down my weight loss. I'm day 2 into my MF weight loss.

Excersise isnt knew to me at all. So would 20min a day hurt?

Thanks mF buddies,
Helen
Helen
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 7th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Helen

Hi and welcome back! I am not sure about the exercise but I was wondering about your 5 meals a day. I think that on the full fast it is supposed to be 6 meal replacements a day. You might want to verify this so your caloric intake is not too low

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Helen » March 7th, 2006, 1:18 pm

Hi Lisa,
The full fast is 5-6 MF a day. Depending if I have a tough day physically or not I add one. Also, usually on days where I have a bar I have 5. Plus always a pack of my crackers for a snack.
Thanks,
Helen
Helen
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Gwenski » March 7th, 2006, 2:52 pm

Helen-

Your walking since it is a daily activity/routine isn't exactly cardio exercise. You know like FedEx and UPS workers who are outside all day running around, your body adjusts. Pilates is low impact and mostly toning, strenghtening and streching so it is a perfect compliment to your daily activities.

I am with Lisa on the straight MF thing though - I thought it was 6 supplements a day while being in the care of a doctor?? Just worried that you won't get enough of what you need to fuel and nourish your body and if you don't have the right balance the ketosis won't kick in. You don't want your body to think you are starving it and throw all your dedication, money and hard work down the drain.

A few extra stretches for me would be appreciated, it feels SO good!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Return to The Weight Room