Question about coffeemate in tea

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Question about coffeemate in tea

Postby marge » October 22nd, 2006, 3:23 pm

Hi all...I love my Irish tea and enjoy it with either skim milk or the little individual tubs of coffeemate..I use 2 in a cup of tea...I notice they have 15 calories apiece but no carbs...am I breaking any rules here??I want to continue to do well :question: :question: :question: :question: :idontknow:
rejoined 1/16/2008
marge
Preferred member

Postby Allie » October 22nd, 2006, 3:45 pm

I don't know the answer, but I like milk in my tea. I stopped using it, but I often mix my shakes/pudding with iced tea insted of water.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Arklahoma » October 22nd, 2006, 6:18 pm

Just went to the coffee-mate website and nutritional profile states that each serving is 1 tbsp and contains 20 calories with 1g fat and 2g carbs.

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby casma500 » October 22nd, 2006, 6:36 pm

Hey Marge,
I just got the Quick Start guide, and on page 5 it says you should limit coffee/caffinated drinks to 3 per day, but that you may use 1-2 Tablespoons of skim milk or half an dhlaf in your coffee or tea.

I am not sure, however, if that is 1-2 T per drink, or total for the day... :?:

You can call the customer support line @ 800.572.4417 to be sure

HOpe this helps ~
:mrgreen:
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Diana » October 22nd, 2006, 7:05 pm

Hi, Marge.

I like a little whitener, too. Beware the powder, though!! It kicked me right out of the fat burning stage once.

I count the half-n-half as a snack due to the calories.

Your body will tell you if it's ok or not. If you notice you're not losing weight, feel grumpy, all those other signs, take the creamer out of your diet and see if it helps. Otherwise, if you're still losing weight, have lots of energy, and are reasonably pleasant and craving-free, things are working!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby marge » October 22nd, 2006, 8:12 pm

Thanks gals for the input. I feel like it is knocking me out of ketosis because it just tastes too darn good...I usually have 2 cups of tea and that would be with 4 tubs the liquid type of coffeemate. I think I will switch back to skim milk :cry:

I am losing but an average of 2 pounds a week. the last time I was on medifast - 2 years ago I lost 5 pounds a week but I was also exercising more ;)

Have a wonderful week all...Hoping for some nice cool or cooler weather in the tampa bay area..
rejoined 1/16/2008
marge
Preferred member

Postby Jan » October 23rd, 2006, 7:36 am

Hmmmm Marge,
I'm wondering if you could use the Davinchi Sugar Free Irish creme syrup in place of the coffeemate. That way you could use skim milk and a "shot" of the Davinchi You'd get the flavor without the calories. :mrgreen: I use the Davinci syrups alll the time. Here's a hint the peach as well as several of the other fruit flavors make yummmmy pudding. They have strawberry and blueberry along with some more exotics. It sure is fun :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Guest » October 23rd, 2006, 2:42 pm

YUM! Sounds delish!!!! i haven't tried those yet and will look at our grocery store for some tonight! Great idea.

Return to Come on in.