Green Tea

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Green Tea

Postby Echo » June 8th, 2004, 9:45 am

Hi, I wanted to share a discovery with you all. Most everyone has heard how good green tea is as an antioxidant and diuretic, I found some information that says green tea can increase your metabolism, help break down fat, and suppress your appetite in a medical journal. I found a gallon size arizona green tea at the supermarket with NO calories and NO carbs, it's delicious and it really works to suppress my appetite. If you can find it try it out to see if you like it too.

Echo

ps-I tried the broth with celery and mrs. dash and it's great!
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Lois » June 8th, 2004, 4:26 pm

THANKS FOR THE TIP 8)

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby kimay » June 9th, 2004, 6:43 pm

Yes, thanks for the tip. So, it's already pre-made in a gallon-sized jug? Is it in the juice/milk aisle of the grocery store? Or on the shelf (hot?) ha ha? that sounded wierd huh?. Anyway, the brand name is Arizona, right? I know of bottled small drinks called Arizona I think, but have never seen anything real big.
Thanks!
Kim
3/19/04
189/154/125-130 5'5-1/2"
kimay

Postby RavenKat » June 10th, 2004, 4:37 am

I LOVE Arizona teas! They have a diet peach tea that comes in a gallon size and two other "low carb" flavors. It's just diet ice tea with a new name. One is blueberry something and the other is apple something. Maybe it's the green tea that Echo mentioned above?

At my store the Arizona teas are in the aisle with the snapple, fruit juice but not the soda aisle. I can also find them at the drug store and convenience stores. They use Splenda instead of aspartame. Quite yummy.

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lois » June 10th, 2004, 10:13 am

I'm a major fan of Snapple Diet Peach iced tea, too.....

Lois 8)
Lois

Postby Echo » June 10th, 2004, 4:30 pm

MMmm, I want diet peach iced tea! :nutz: The green tea is in the juice/water isle at my grocery store too. It's funny, today at work I was telling someone the benefits of the green tea but I couldn't remember what ginsing was for :question:, it's to improve your memory! :lol:

Well, I can't attest to the powers of the ginsing in it, but the green tea really is supressing my appetite. I am on the 5:1 plan and I will be too full to finish my meal instead of getting seconds and have to remind myself to drink my shakes since I started drinking the green tea.

20 lb club, here I come. :roll:
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Ria » June 13th, 2004, 2:52 pm

Hello Echo,

Thanks for the tip on the green Tea. I went out and got me a gallon and have been drinking a glass for a couple days now. In addition to general health and energy...

"Ginseng may build up general mental and physical vitality and resistance by strengthening and stimulating the endocrine glands, which control all basic physiological processes. Ginseng may prove effective in restoring normal adrenal gland function after periods of stress. Research has demonstrated the anti-fatigue effect of Ginseng. Ginseng may also stimulate the white blood cells and, thus, has an immune-enhancing effect. Because Ginseng strengthens the nervous system, it can help to enhance memory and learning."

184/176
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Amanda » June 13th, 2004, 8:19 pm

I also love green tea hot you can but tea bags of green tea and add some splenda to it, it is soosooooo good. And i drink the diet peach snapple occaionally too it's my fav.
Peace & Love,
Amanda

Start Date: 5/14/2004

262.5/227.5/135
Amanda
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » June 14th, 2004, 4:39 pm

I found the tea today in a mix!!! It is in a cute collector's tin and cheaper than the ready made (3.50 makes 6 2-qt containers).
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lois » June 20th, 2004, 3:22 pm

Wyler's makes a peach green tea mix that comes in a little cannister like Crystal Lite. It is very good!!!!

Lois ;)
Lois

Return to Weight Loss