Green tea

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Green tea

Postby Claudia » November 21st, 2004, 6:31 am

I recently heard on Oprah that if you do nothing else but drink a cup of green tea in the morning, it's guaranteed you'll lose 10 pounds in a month. Can I incorporate green tea into my Medifast plan? Is it allowed? Thank you all.
Claudia

Re: Green tea

Postby BerkshireGrl » November 21st, 2004, 6:59 am

Claudia,

Yes, you can drink green tea, though it's recommended only up to 3 cups of caffeinated beverages a day, since people doing MF are more sensitive to the effects of caffeine.

About the 10 pounds a month "guaranteed" loss though, I am (no offense to you!) pretty darn skeptical. :scratchhead: The caffeine might rev up your metabolism a bit, but I don't think enough to drop that much weight, if no other changes were made to diet or exercise. Although... hey it can't hurt I guess. :)

Green tea (and black tea) is reputed to have lots of benefits, since it has flavonoids, or antioxidants, that may reduce the risk of several diseases.

Here is an interesting blurb from WebMD, from their "Tearooms Offer A Healthy Buzz" article online:

"Laboratory tests have also shown that black and green tea may help boost metabolism to aid weight loss, block allergic response, slow the growth of tumors, protect bones, fight bad breath, improve skin, protect against Parkinson's disease, even delay the onset of diabetes."

Hmmm! Bottoms up!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby LongWay2go » November 21st, 2004, 7:01 am

Hello Claudia, and welcome! Yes! No reason you cannot drink Green Tea. I have a box in my cupboard too. Just remember that anything with caffeine will dehydrate your body to some degree. A good rule of thumb is for every cup of caffeinated beverage you have, add two cups of water to your water for the day. You need to stay properly hydrated to flush the impurities from your system when you are losing weight - well, anytime really! Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water every day. If you have a cup of green tea in the morning, add another 16 ounces of water that day. Green tea is an excellent naturopathic addition to your health and nutritional needs.

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to Weight Loss