QueenieLou

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby queenielou » February 20th, 2008, 5:11 pm

Hey Hol! I did look into the spinning classes but I'm not sure that I want to join a gym. The classes at the university are a little inconvenient due to my schedule but they're free. I think I will try to find time for one of those soon.

Thanks for the day 4 wishes, Kym. So far, so good! Just got off the treadmill. I did a combo of a incline workout from Shape (Thanks, Robin!) and some sprint intervals after that. My bf is going away for a couple of weeks at the end of next week and I want there to be a noticeable difference when he gets back. Nothing like come back to a good looking woman, right? :)
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Joy » February 21st, 2008, 10:35 pm

best wishes for doing well!
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby katieb920 » February 22nd, 2008, 7:23 am

Hey Queenie girl.

Just Checking in on you, and just wanted to say HI
Katie
katieb920

Postby DonnaS » February 22nd, 2008, 7:30 am

queenielou wrote:Hey Donna! Congrats on 4 days of compliance. Getting back in the groove is tough but worth it. You're going to do this. I know it!

Thanks Queenie for stopping by and for the encouragement.

Sounds like your doing well and I know that BF will notice a big difference when he gets back. Keep up the good work!
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » February 22nd, 2008, 8:49 pm

hi queenie! Here's hoping that you made it in day 5 and 6 of no slip ups!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby queenielou » February 24th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Hey ladies, thanks for stopping by :) Good to see you back, Erica.

I was all ready to go off plan today. I don't know why I decided I would, but I did. Fortunately, an NSV saved the day! My bf was getting ready to leave and I was going out to run some errands so I put on a dress that I really like because it was easy to put on. He came back upstairs after going down to warm up his car and when he saw me in the dress he said "Wow...wwwow!" That was the motivation I needed to bypass McDonald's.

I have a workout update, Hol! Tomorrow, I start kickboxing/boxing classes. I'm really excited - it's a 12 week program so we'll see what happens in 12 weeks. I don't want to quit this one like I've done before. I'm committing to going 5 days a week. The classes are only an hour.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Last edited by queenielou on February 25th, 2008, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
queenielou

Postby BabyTrace » February 24th, 2008, 7:55 pm

Queenie Lou have I missed you girl! So happy to see you stop by my journal! Well I'm back with the weekly updates, and hopefully soon they'll be maintenance updates.

I haven't exercised in 100 years though, you're still the queen there!

So glad to hear from you!!
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace

Postby holberry » February 25th, 2008, 8:35 am

very nice NSV. I remember the pictures last summer of your hot little dresses :D

Im thinking the kboxing has got to burn up the calories.Now Im going to sound like an old fart, but Im afraid of kick boxing :shock: Thinking I might throw out the back.

Have a great week, no stops for a burger :no:
hb
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » February 25th, 2008, 2:14 pm

hi there queenie. I tell ya, you guys inspire me sooo much with your exercising. Or should i say you guys impress me with the exercising. If i was so inspired, i might try to be consistent with mine! hehehe!

lifelovinaries

Postby ChynnaDoll » February 25th, 2008, 2:42 pm

lifelovinaries wrote:hi there queenie. I tell ya, you guys inspire me sooo much with your exercising. Or should i say you guys impress me with the exercising. If i was so inspired, i might try to be consistent with mine! hehehe!

Hey there ms Queenie you sweet thing:+...did you know that me and OC are supposedly on'a exercise regiment too, where we vowed to report when we did or didn't do it?? :roll: RIGHT OC? huh huh huh????BUT it hasn't been consistent due to various reasons..for one, I kept falling like'a fool and crap, and get'n all brusied up, and SHE had been a little ill if i recall in the past, so that just threw us right off kilter..but we are so PROUD of you girl!..and we hope to get back to our ORIGINAL contract soon right OC?..maybe you've already started :-P

lulabelle
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby CGal67 » February 25th, 2008, 3:27 pm

queenielou wrote:Hey Hol! I did look into the spinning classes but I'm not sure that I want to join a gym. The classes at the university are a little inconvenient due to my schedule but they're free. I think I will try to find time for one of those soon.

Thanks for the day 4 wishes, Kym. So far, so good! Just got off the treadmill. I did a combo of a incline workout from Shape (Thanks, Robin!) and some sprint intervals after that. My bf is going away for a couple of weeks at the end of next week and I want there to be a noticeable difference when he gets back. Nothing like come back to a good looking woman, right? :)

I went to a spinning class once at Bally's and I felt like they should have had a warning on the door before entering - NO NEWBIES ALLOWED because you will die!

After about 15 minutes of spinning...I got off the bike and headed toward the door. The instructor told me to come back and try again ...but i swear I thought I was going to DIE on that bike. The pace is abnormal for a newbie...and I left wondering what kind of shape would I have to be in to do a full hour of the class.

I'll stick to step aerobics.

Good luck, let me know if you ever decide to do it.

Carrie
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » February 25th, 2008, 6:41 pm

CGal67 wrote:
queenielou wrote:Hey Hol! I did look into the spinning classes but I'm not sure that I want to join a gym. The classes at the university are a little inconvenient due to my schedule but they're free. I think I will try to find time for one of those soon.

I went to a spinning class once at Bally's and I felt like they should have had a warning on the door before entering - NO NEWBIES ALLOWED because you will die!

After about 15 minutes of spinning...I got off the bike and headed toward the door. The instructor told me to come back and try again ...but i swear I thought I was going to DIE on that bike. The pace is abnormal for a newbie...and I left wondering what kind of shape would I have to be in to do a full hour of the class.

I'll stick to step aerobics.

Good luck, let me know if you ever decide to do it.

Carrie
Let's check with holberry...she spins for 90 mins! :mrgreen:

lifelovinaries

Postby queenielou » February 25th, 2008, 8:48 pm

Yeah, Hol is definitely the spinning expert! I haven't gone to a spinning class since college - probably 2002 or so. As I recall, I left that one a little early.

The kickboxing class tonight was hardcore! It was the first time I ever felt like I was going to throw up in an exercise class. I made it but I had to stop a few times for water. Who knew kicking and punching was so hard? The class is designed to be 3 minutes of kickboxing and then 1 minute of core/ab work for an hour. I kept waiting for the bell and cussing when she would announce how much time we had left. I was really beat afterwards, but decided to sign up for the 12 weeks anyway. I'm a nut!

Hopefully Erica and Chy (and Tracy!) will make good on their workout pact. It's always good to hear that other people are pushing themselves so you know people can feel your pain.

Hol, this summer those dresses will actually be little! I'm so excited. I saw an old friend today and he picked me up and carried me around the room saying how light I was. 183 ain't really light, but in comparison to 255, I guess there's a slight difference :) When I filled out the form at the gym today, it asked for my weight. I was so shocked to be able to write 185. It was like, wow, I weigh 185. Not 2 something anymore. I mean I know how much weigh - I weigh like 20 times a day - but to write it down on someone else's form felt different.
queenielou

Postby BabyTrace » February 26th, 2008, 7:20 am

Queenie I know exactly what you mean about acknowledging your weight to someone else (besides the forum).

On a recent cruise my husband and I were going on a dune buggy excursion. I think the weight limit per 2 person buggy was something like 350 lbs and they actually had each of us weigh to verify. I felt completely confident stepping on those scales in front of a complete stranger. It was somewhat freeing!

Isn't being thinner great?!!

Tracy

PS. I'm seriously thinking about starting the couch to 5K program you and Robin did. Can you direct me to where you found that again?
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace

Postby holberry » February 26th, 2008, 8:14 am

yeah Q, isnt it weird, (and nice), not to be in the 200's but also really knowing it. make sense??

oh boy kick box and abs, no wonder you thought about throwing up :shock: you finish the 12 weeks, and I know you will, you are going to be one hard body :D
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal