In praise of M.F. Soups!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby Nancy » January 4th, 2006, 10:18 pm

The RTDs do taste different from the powdered shakes - creamy and thick.

I like the Vaniller RTDs, they remind me of Canned Cow; I dislike the Dutch Choc - too chocolately.

This is so weird-o-lah as I can hardly stand the Vaniller powdered shakes unless they have cinnamon, cloves & nutmeg or diet root beer - to my tastebuds, the powdered 'nillas are too sweet!

BTW, Newbies: the RTDs are approved for people with Diabetes and for folks who are lactose intolerant.

I don't think they stick with me as long as the powdered shakes (and they go right through much faster, too!) - any one else have a comment about the staying power of RTDs?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby bk » January 4th, 2006, 10:32 pm

I don't have any prob with the RTDs! I must admit that I preferred the taste of the FIT kind over the Medifast RTDs, but as with any MF product, once you're on program, you get used to the taste! Obviously they're great for anyone with time/privacy/hate fooling around issues.

I also think RTDs (because of their nature) can't be over-volumized. I know a lot of folks create extra soup out of their one packet, add cups n cups of ice to a shake & blend, etc. I sort of think that the low but frequent volume is sort of one of the points.

JMHO!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lauren » January 5th, 2006, 7:31 am

Hi, folks-

Serendipity - yay, another "lazy" Medifaster! :-) Have you tried the chocolate mint bars? The flavor tastes like a Girl Scout thin mint cookie. No lie! Texturally different, but the flavor is spot on. Who could resist?

Nancy - I agree that the choco RTD doesn't stick to the bones as much, and certainly runs through quickly, but I don't mind that. I don't generally feel hungry, so when I drink my RTD it is not for the purpose of "filling," as it is for "fueling." It's like putting gas in the tank, and then keep on moving. Besides, this sounds weird, but I like when things run through me, as it constantly makes me feel like I am getting thinner! Is that weird? haha

BK - I also agree with you on the volume front, as we are supposed to be learning to need less, and this is part of that process.

By the way, I just hit 40# this morning! Yippee!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Gwenski » January 5th, 2006, 9:51 am

Lauren,

Okay I am now totally stoked about the RTD chocolate shakes. If I hadn't just placed an order......sheesh! Patience - fooey!!!

The coolest part about MF is the complete and utter flexibility to make it 100% your own. We all are doing the exact same thing but have the luxury to customize what works best for us. I am thinking that RTD will be great for long car rides and ski trips.....hmmm - you may have just converted me a little.

Lately I have been so bogged down and busy that I have been shaking, shaking and shaking. No time to make much of anything and burned out from my holiday baking fest too. Somehow it has become too much effort to make soup or oatmeal -- the post holiday blahs with a nasty head cold I hope!

Come and remodel my kitchen too -- PLEASE!! The thing actually resembles the Brady Bunch's kitchen minus Alice. I want purty and to impress friends too!!! hee hee hee!!!

The Bars are evil but legal little temptations and I freak out when I get low and cannot have one everyday - so, I beyond understand your position with them.

Did Nancy actually say the Chocolate RTD is actually too chocolately? I AM TOTALLY SOLD NOW!!! When did too chocolately become a bad thing!! Nancy has lost and maintained for so long that it clearly has affected her chocolate sensability.

Congrats on hitting the BIG 40 lbs today Lauren -- that is AWESOME! You are kicking some RTD butt running around NYC! WOO HOO!!!
:bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 5th, 2006, 11:12 am

Gwenski wrote:[b][color=blue]

Nancy has lost and maintained for so long that it clearly has affected her chocolate sensability.
b]

Is anyone up for an intervention here?
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Lauren » January 5th, 2006, 12:24 pm

ha! Yeah, can't say I've heard the phrase "too chocolatey" all that often...
Lauren

Postby Susynne » January 12th, 2006, 8:59 am

TOO chocolatey????? That HAS to be a mis-type, I mean - is there actually such a thing as TOOOOOO Chocolatey? I rank that right up there in the sci-fi category! (hee hee) ;}
Susynne
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Previous

Return to Weight Loss