Praise Report

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Praise Report

Postby lorriehartley » March 29th, 2004, 3:36 pm

I ate MF oatmeal today for lunch, as the other ladies I work with had Taco Salad. As I set there eating, my co-worker said, WOW your completion looks so much better (I didn't know it looked bad, ignorance is bliss :? ) The same lady said, I think I am starting to see cheek bones. The other lady said, man that oatmeal smells good and starting asking questions about MF. As I was sharing, I told them there is no way I could have made it without the support of this forum. So thank you. I have this saying that gets me through alot of tough times. I know I am not where I am supposed to be, but praise God I am not where I used to be. So if you have lost only one pound you are going forward. You never stay the same, you can either go forward or backwards that choice it up to you.

Lorrie
God's mercies are renewed everyday.

Lorrie
178/173.5/120
lorriehartley

Re: Praise Report

Postby explorthis » March 29th, 2004, 4:28 pm

lorriehartley wrote:I ate MF oatmeal today for lunch, as the other ladies I work with had Taco Salad

Lorrie,
Good for you, sitting there with your “planned” meal, and in front of the other ladies. Out of curiosity, do they have a weight problem?

You are just skimming the surface with these comments. As you progress, and your loss is not hide-able, you will become the “advice girl” the one that is asked what to do, and what not to do. You will also become accountable. As the new weight loss person, they will watch every move you make. Envy is the reason. How did she do it? I want to do this. Can I eat this? Can I eat that? You will be watched, and graded on every bite of food that lies on your plate. Guess what, this is the fun part. Additionally it helps keep you on the straight and narrow.

Get ready, it only gets better!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby pinkgeek » March 29th, 2004, 7:52 pm

Thank you for the post Lorrie. As everyone can attest, I'm the resident whiner...oh I'm crying b/c I'm hungry or b/c I want a cheeseburger or b/c I am not losing at as fast a rate as the others...blah blah blah. But I really like your little saying...I'm not where I used to be. Hopefully that USED TO BE will continue to stay past tense. You have only been here a few days, but thank goodness for you. I will try to remember that every minute of every day if I have to.

*Trying to stop whining and using food as a drug*
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby loriehartley » March 30th, 2004, 9:52 am

Hi Mike,
Yelp, they all have weight problems and they think I have lost my noodle for spending so much money on a quote unquote "another diet".

I feel really good about my investment, as you know, as you were, Worth It with a capital W.

Hi Angela,
Whine, girl you ain't heard nuttin yet. gripe, pee and moan -- I went to junior college for two semesters a got me a certificate in. :lol:
I can't do all things, but what I can do, by the Grace of God I will do and be the better for it.

Lorrie
loriehartley

Return to The Weight Room