report on first week

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

report on first week

Postby susan » October 25th, 2003, 11:17 am

:D :D :D Hi everone I lost 9# thiis week and am very happy about it .This makes me a total of 15# lost .and my cousin is gonna get a order in to Terry and Nancy and get started .I was glad she has decided to do something about her wt. also I told her this really works . well this starts another week and I know I can handle it .I went with my husband to mc.donalds today he had 2 sandwiches and I had decafe coffee If i can handle that I can pass on any thing. Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Donna501 » October 25th, 2003, 5:38 pm

:D :D :D GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!! I am down 10lbs total for the two weeks.
Donna501
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Ellen » October 25th, 2003, 8:18 pm

Great jobs Susan and Donna!! Doesn't it feel great?

Every time I drop five pounds I try to visualize putting down a five pound sack of flour. It's like pulling it off your back and setting it down on the side of the road and we'll never have to carry it around again!

I think you have the right idea Susan in going out with your husband. I am trying really hard to not isolate myself from food. I feel like this will help when I get to the maintenance phase. I've learned how to say no. I'm hoping that by the time I get to goal I'll be able to deal with all the tempting foods.

Keep up the great work guys!
Shake those booties!
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » October 26th, 2003, 11:14 am

All I can say is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Way to go girls!!!! :!:

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

program

Postby susan » October 26th, 2003, 3:31 pm

:D :D TIM, i LOVE THIS PROGRAM IT IS THE BEST i WAS EVER ON AND I LOVE HEARING FROM EVERONE.IT keeps me headed for my goal and my diabetic is under control and I sure am feeling good about it all .really happy for everone and their wt.losses.Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » October 27th, 2003, 7:23 pm

That's fantastic Susan,
It's sure nice hearing about the diabetes improvement. They say in clinical studies 100% of type 2's get off their medications.
Great Work...:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

my first day is Nov 3, 2003

Postby sue » November 3rd, 2003, 10:03 am

Hi everyone, My name is Sue and today is my very first day on Medifast. I have looked for quite a while for a different type of diet. I knew I needed something drastic because I am not good in controlling portions and I am hoping that if I can get this weight off and follow this maintanance plan then maybe it will work for me. I am going to try! I have a long way to go--I would like to lose 80 pounds. How much per week are most of you losing? How long is this taking? Please send me words of encourgement as it is only 10:59 am and I am already struggling.
Thank you and Best Wishes to you all in your weight loss endeavor!
Sue
sue

Postby Unca_Tim » November 3rd, 2003, 12:25 pm

Hi Sue and welcome to the forum,
One of the great things about Medifast is that you dont have to design your own menu and calculate everything. Just follow the easy plan that's been developed, tested and proven by professionals for years and you're on your way. There's no worry about making mistakes about which foods you're adding or that temptation to "fudge" and think just a little bite of this or that won't be bad.

The 1st 3-4 days can be a little hard, but once you get into the mild state of ketosis, you'll find that hunger isn't a problem. Try to get busy at something to take your mind off things, and before you know it, you'll be through the first few days.

It's VERY important not to skip a meal and be sure you're getting all your water. Missing a meal can actually slow your weight loss.

Many people find that the first few weeks you can lose nearly a pound a day, but dont be discouraged if you don't see these kinds of results. Just remember that if you follow the program, you will succeed.

In a Johns Hopkins study, the "average" weight loss for women in a 16 week study was 47 pounds. Now that's "average". Not like some other diets that make outrageous claims but add the disclaimer (results not typical), this was a clinical study done by one of the most prestigious Hospitals in the country. That means if you're average and stick to the plan, by springtime you can be around 50 pounds lighter. By next summer you can be shopping for that new swimsuit.... :yippee:

All the best,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

That first day...

Postby Nancy » November 3rd, 2003, 4:09 pm

Sue, etc.

The first day and the first week can be a real killer. That first week I was so hungry I was ready to lick my desk. The neighbor's dog food dish was enticing. I talked to myself. I still talk to myself a lot! When I first began, I decided to go for it for three months. That was like a season. I started in July and was going to lose as much weight as I possibly could in three months before we went to Hawaii for a family vacation. I can do ANYTHING for a season. So can you.

I have eaten anything and everything that I have ever wanted for many seasons. That’s what got me into the seriously obese situation I was in when I started Medifast.

Remind yourself that you can DO anything for a day. Sometimes it was an hour at a time. If you are hungry, have another shake. Drink a cup of hot water. Have some herbal tea. Have a cup of bullion. Go for a short walk. Reorganize your desk drawer. Do something productive with your hands and engage your brain – read a book. Go to the Hallmark store and read the funny cards – laugh and giggle! You’ll make it. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » November 4th, 2003, 6:54 am

Hi Sue!

I'm right behind you.......I started Medifast today (11/4). I look forward to shrinking with you ;)

how is your second day going???????

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room