Is it possible to grill with sauces on a George Foreman?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Is it possible to grill with sauces on a George Foreman?

Postby ascicles » August 9th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Everytime I try to use my George Foreman to grill something that has been marinating, it simply cooks off, leaving little to no flavor of the sauce.

I have been marinating a piece of chicken for over 24 hours now, and poked it with a fork to let it soak in the sauce. Is there a way to keep the George Foreman from simply cooking off the flavor?

Typically, I can bake it...but on work days, I don't have time to wait on that, because I need to get my last shake in before I go to bed.

If not, can someone suggest another way to do this? I want thick sauces on my chicken, like at a restaurant :(
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby MISSANNE » August 9th, 2006, 2:32 pm

Can't help you there. I always cook my chicken on my George Foreman then put sauce over it. Proabably tastes better your way but haven't tried it. Sorry
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » August 9th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Manly, when we 'George' chicken or fish, the sauce usually runs off and onto the counter! I hate it when that happens!

Hmmm...I wonder if you cooked the chicken until it is almost done, then open the grill, lift up the chicken and put some sauce just on the bottom plate of the grill and then plop the chicken back down on top of the sauce and finish the cooking process.

I dunno. The sauce usually just runs off when I George it but we usually George frozen chicken or fish rather and sauce doesn't stick to frozen foods very well!

Hey, you are 16 ounces away from the 100 Pound Club!

Woo hoo!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby alohacate » August 9th, 2006, 2:40 pm

I have a small toaster oven and I soak my meat, wrap it with foil and it cooks pretty fast. Congrats on all that weight loss!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sarya » August 9th, 2006, 2:41 pm

I must make my sauce/marinades thicker because they never roll off my meat when I use the foreman.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ascicles » August 9th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Sarya wrote:I must make my sauce/marinades thicker because they never roll off my meat when I use the foreman.

Hmmm, maybe that will help me this time. I thickened my sauce quite a bit during this batch, so I'm hoping it sticks.

Wish me luck!

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby ascicles » August 9th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Nancy wrote:Hey, you are 16 ounces away from the 100 Pound Club!

Woo hoo!

Thanks. I was stuck at 272 for about six days, so I'm hoping that plateau is officially over. I don't usually get annoyed with the scale, but when I'm two pounds away from a nice, even, 100...I want to hit it.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby Sojourner » August 9th, 2006, 3:16 pm

Good luck with the marinade and CONGRATS on the new club (almost)!!
You rock.

:boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Sarya » August 9th, 2006, 4:08 pm

good luck! I hope it works!
Sarya

Postby supermom » August 9th, 2006, 4:27 pm

I don't really like the Foreman. It seems to dry out the meat---I think it cooks too fast. Anyway, that said, I like to use a stove top griddle. It just heats on top of the burners of your stove, but cooks like a grill. If we are not grilling out, that is what we use. I know the foreman is supposed to drain the fat away from the meat, but I just think it tends to dry it out. Especially hamburger. I like the idea of using foil packets in the toaster oven. I use foil packets a lot when we are camping. I like them from the oven too. Keeps the moisture in and cooks pretty fast too.
supermom

Postby ascicles » August 9th, 2006, 4:39 pm

supermom wrote:I don't really like the Foreman. It seems to dry out the meat---I think it cooks too fast. Anyway, that said, I like to use a stove top griddle. It just heats on top of the burners of your stove, but cooks like a grill. If we are not grilling out, that is what we use. I know the foreman is supposed to drain the fat away from the meat, but I just think it tends to dry it out. Especially hamburger. I like the idea of using foil packets in the toaster oven. I use foil packets a lot when we are camping. I like them from the oven too. Keeps the moisture in and cooks pretty fast too.

Does this not leak the marinade and juices into the broiler?

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby supermom » August 9th, 2006, 7:22 pm

No--it has a small lip to keep the juices in. (referring to the griddle) The packets don't leak either, if you wrap them right. wrap them twice, and make sure the seams go in opposite directions around your goodies. Be sure to fold the ends up tight. I know how much you like the zuchini and mushrooms. I make packets with a chicken breast, zuch and mush and some onion, put on some sauce, or simply sprinkle with onion powder and spray with ICBINB. Be sure to spray your foil with non stick spray. I use Mazola Extra Virgin Olive Oil spray. It is like Pam, only without the silicon and alcohol. I think it has a more pure taste---none of the "twang" that the Pam has. I also make packets with turkey "mignon" Looks like a filet of beef, but it is turkey instead. Pretty good.
supermom

Postby ascicles » August 10th, 2006, 6:43 am

The George Foreman actually worked really well last night. The flavor stayed on and it tasted really good!

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby supermom » August 10th, 2006, 12:22 pm

Good for You!!!
supermom

Hi

Postby dede4wd » October 24th, 2006, 12:01 pm

Well, I just joined the George club. I got a George Foreman grill for my birthday. So...can someone help me with some advice? For instance frozen chicken breasts and frozen veggies...how long, etc? Do I need to go buy a meat thermometer?

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to Weight Loss