DaVinci Sugar Free Carmel/Chocolate SAUCES

Add your favorite recipes.

DaVinci Sugar Free Carmel/Chocolate SAUCES

Postby mel » October 18th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Can anyone tell me if these are any good? It appears that they only come in HALF GALLONS, and I'd hate to be stuck with that much if I didn't like them.

So, has anyone tried them yet? Good? Gross?

Thanks.

-mel
mel
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby alpha femme » October 18th, 2006, 8:39 pm

i prefer torani's

some davinci syrups are good.
except their syrup really puts the "butt" in peanut butter.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » October 19th, 2006, 5:55 am

Unfortunately, you just need to try them. There are some I like and others don't seem to make much difference. The peanut butter doesn't really taste like peanut butter, but it gives you a little hint of a nutty flavour.....can't really explain. But they aren't all that expensive, so you haven't lost much if you don't care for them.

Oh yeah, one I like is the coconut and the egg nog is good, too.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby mel » October 19th, 2006, 10:18 am

Sorry. I was talking about the sauces, not the syrups.

I'll definitely try the syrups I think I'll like, but at $12.99 for a half gallon of the sauces, I'd like to know about the flavor and consistincy of them before I "invest."

Thanks for you replies, though!

-mel
mel

Postby JKSRN » October 19th, 2006, 9:05 pm

As others mentioned, it is individual taste as to whether a syrup or sauce is a hit or not. Personally, I have not tried any of the sauces---maybe this is a silly question, but what would you use them on, anyway? I do agree that 1/2 gallon size is an inconvenient size to have around, for sure.

I have DaVinci's Coconut syrup, which is just so-so, clearly not a favorite of mine, at all, also the Caramel syrup which is great, and I recently bought the Lemon syrup and the Butterscotch just in case the vanilla pudding needs help! :? It may be a waste of my money, as I hardly ever 'doctor' the Medifast foods, as I like them, just the way they are. Guess it is best, if you try out what you think you might like. I have tried some combos that others have tried, and chucked them right into the garbage. Best to try it yourself and not rely on other's individual tastes.
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby mel » October 19th, 2006, 9:10 pm

What would I eat them on? That's a good question. Maybe I just like the idea of a carmel or chocolate sauce. I could definitely see adding them to the oatmeal cookies, or dipping the oatmeal cookies in them. Mmmmm. Maybe even swirl some into some pudding.

Yeah, it's probably not worth it.
mel

Postby Mike » October 19th, 2006, 9:55 pm

We do Torani because we can get them at a good price at Smart and Final. They do have sauces also, but they have alot of calories to them due to the glycerine used as a thickener (80 cal for 1 oz).
I wish I knew a good local place to get the DaVinci stuff. Don't see it much around here... but I know an online place that has their warehouse in Sacramento. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » October 19th, 2006, 10:26 pm

We get the SYRUPS not the sauces for flavor. As Mike says -- the carbs in the glycerin(e?) make the SF sauces not very Medifriendly at all!! It's all about reading labels.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Davinci Sauces

Postby fuyu » November 19th, 2006, 12:14 am

I just looked at my davinci sauces, and see no glycerine in them. I
think the Torani sauces are the ones with the glycerine.

Bolded the sauces up and italicized the syrups to remove any confusion for those reading. lol

I got my order for the Caramel and Chocolate SAUCES last week from davinci. This was my first time with the sauces, as I use Davinci's syrups on a daily basis for my shakes and puddings and love the syrups very much!

However, about the sauces... IMHO... I was dissapointed. :( The taste was not good, and the consistancy is watery. I'd say... it would be a little watery than pancake syrup. The chocolate sauce was a little thicker than the caramel. The caramel sauce is transparent. The taste was a bit medicine-y (to me..) .. I didn't like it. But... it was expensive for those two 1/2 gallon bottles + shipping.. so now I must find a way to use this 1 gallon of sauce up.. and enjoy it. :(

They had a pumpkin spice SAUCE (on amazon) also!! Would have loved to try that-- but there was no sugar free version for that. Wish that they had a sugar free pumpkin spice syrup for fall!!
fuyu

Postby thisisforme » November 19th, 2006, 12:18 pm

Someone makes a SF pumpkin spice syrup cuz they have it at the 7-11 for fixin up yer coffee. I'll try to note the company next time I'm in there. (BTW, 7-11 coffee + SF peppermint syrup + MF Hot Cocoa = yummy!)
thisisforme
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine