Non Medifast Sugar Free/Fat Free Pudding

Add your favorite recipes.

Non Medifast Sugar Free/Fat Free Pudding

Postby LessOfMe » April 25th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Are we allowed to add any sugar/fat-free pudding to our shake? I don't have the Medifast pudding, so was wondering if the other "over the counter" variety was permitted? Thanks to anyone who knows the answer to this question.
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » April 25th, 2005, 9:19 pm

Dear LessofMe ~

:secret: Little Darlin'...the Fit! Chocolate Puddin' is on sale until the end of April for $10 a box of 7 packets but in the mean time....

The answer to your inquiry is: Yup :thumbsup:

In our Take Shape For Life Recipe Guide there are a couple of recipes to make your own Medifast Pudding using a regular packet of Medifast shake mix. The recipes include 1.5 Tablespoons of Sugar Free Jello®
For your Dining Pleasure, I’ll post the recipe here.

Vanilla Lemon Pudding

1 packet Medifast French Vanilla

1.5 Tablespoons Jello® Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Pudding mix

1.5 packet (1 full teaspoon) Knox® Unflavored Gelatin

3 ounces HOT water

3 ounces COLD water

¼ teaspoon Lemon Extract

2 ice cubes

Combine Medifast French Vanilla packet and 1.5 Tablespoons of the dry pudding mix in a small container and set aside.

Stir unflavored Knox® Gelatin into hot water and allow to soften. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved and it the gelatin is clear.

Add COLD water and stir again.

Process gelatin mixture, Medifast-pudding mixture and lemon extract in a blender until smooth and thoroughly combined. Add ice cubes, one at a time until mixture begins to thicken. Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate 15-20 minutes until set. Stir and enjoy.

I have not made this myself but I should think this would be perfect for the Magic Bullet. It may work with a wire whisk as well. Personally I think cleaning a large blender is the pits and to make a single serving of puddin’ in a blender seems like more clean up work than I would want to invest – I’d be licking the sides of the blender and the little metal twirly blades if it were me.

Try the same recipe with a Dutch Choc packet...some flavor considerations: almond extract, cinnamon, instant coffee, peppermint, vanilla, DaVinci syrups (just be sure to adjust the water portion accordingly)...oh, the possibilities are endless! :bib:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Thank you...

Postby LessOfMe » April 26th, 2005, 5:08 am

Thank you, Nancy! You are amazing!
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe

Postby Mommy2girls » April 27th, 2005, 2:13 pm

Hi Karen! You convinced me to join! I'm sure I'll "see" you around!

Take Care,
Sheila
:D
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby mylasthope » April 27th, 2005, 5:14 pm

It's funny that I just found this post tonight. Last night I made "pudding" out of my choc shake mix. All I did was add about 1/4-1/2 cup water and about a tablespoon dutch choc sugar free pudding in a coffee mug. Stirred it really good with a spoon and put in the fridge for about 1/2 hr. It was pretty good and no blender parts to clean. I'm sure the recipe above would turn out better, but if you're lazy like me and don't want to dirty up the kitchen after dinner, you might want to try this.

Is it only me or is anyone else's kitchen always a disaster since they've started making 3 shakes a day? I crack myself up . . . everyday I seem to have some type of blender malfunction! :oops:

I'm making "cheesecake" pudding with a vanilla shake mix for my bedtime snack tonight.
mylasthope
Regular Member - #10 Club

I mix my shakes different ways

Postby LessOfMe » April 28th, 2005, 4:59 am

....and enjoy them all. I have a "magic bullet" and use it when at home. If I don't have my shaker jar when I'm out, I will simply mix the shake with a spoon or fork in a glass of cold water and that turns out pretty good. Sometimes there are clumps of chocolate in there and I just pretend they are little pieces of fudge. That may not appeal to everyone, but it is okay with me.

I will sometimes put my chocolate shake in less water and add hot coffee. That works as a kind of mocha coffee when I need a change. I am out of the MF cappucino which was very good in the morning.

I have found that the oatmeal is my favorite. I nuke it for 2 minutes and use 3/4 c. of water. Then when it is oh so creamy, I add Splenda to sweeten it just a bit more and sprinkle on some cinnamon. I could eat this at every meal! The soups are better the longer they are cooked as well...especially the chili.

No boredom here! Be creative! I'm anxious to try your "cheesecake" pudding. Thanks for the suggestions!
284 > 238 >

LessOfMe

Postby LuzInIt » April 28th, 2005, 9:04 am

Hello! :D
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Guest » April 29th, 2005, 7:30 am

Explanation about my "hello" the other day. I write and write responses on this forum and always get an "invalid session". I would probably be a "trusted member" by now if they all went through. Checked out the techie info, and after 15 years as a computer user, I'm asking myself "so what's a browser?" Duh :?. So I was just practicing with the short "hello". Didn't want to spend another 30 minutes typing away to have it disappear. And since Karen (LessOfMe up above) is my special friend, just thought I'd practice on her. Love Ya, Karen!

Postby LuzInIt » April 29th, 2005, 7:35 am

OK. So I'm not real swift about logging in, either. But geez I'm having fun this morning :D . My words keep showing up! And I actually figured out how to use emoticons :-P :) :( :o . He! He!
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt

Postby Unca_Tim » April 29th, 2005, 7:54 am

Hi Karen and welcome,
Do a search on "AOL" (without the quotes) and I think you'll find the reason for your forum probs.

Also, if you'd like to click on my "Email" button and send me your Avatar pic, I'll get it posted for you.

We're glad you found us. Enjoy the forum...
:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » April 29th, 2005, 8:47 am

Hey there, Mrs. T ~

Happy to see you on here - you will learn a lot!

BTW, you are doing a fantastic job, you Loser, you!

Mrs. P
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Non-Medifast Sugar Free/Fat Free Pudding

Postby Jules » October 28th, 2005, 4:05 pm

Hello ~ Life just got a little better......I tried the sugar free/fat free pudding and the gelatin in my vanilla shake....Voila!!!.....along with several dollops of Davinci Sugar Free Syrup, 3/4 cup water, and some ice cubes in my blender..... :D .....I was really glad I tried this, as the consistency of the shakes was getting to me.....I believe in these Medifast shakes and this a great way to get them in the daily Medifast meal plan. There is clean up with my blender....but, it's worth it!! Jules
Jules

Postby Nancy » November 5th, 2005, 10:41 pm

Jules, I :x hate the clean up issues with the blender, too. The rubber gasket in ours is really old as this is our original Hamilton Beach wedding present blender from July 1970...it leaks unless I whirl fast and serve immediately. The Magic Blender is a breeze to clean. After I slurp my shake, I rinse the plastic mug and put on the blade again and swirl with some slightly soapy water and rinse and store. The mugs can go in the dishwasher, too.

It's amazing how versatile our shakes are - we can vary the flavors by adding just the smallest amount of extracts, a glurg or two of sugar free syrups or by mixing them with diet pop. Gotta love the ease of this, eh?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Lean Cuisine