please help, need advice...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

please help, need advice...

Postby Katballou » November 8th, 2006, 6:41 am

Good morning to all of you beautiful people. I need tips on how to deal with a plateau, before getting bummed. Has been two weeks and nothing. I am within 12 pounds of my initial goal possibly 20 of my final. Please share anything that has worked for you.
And Thank You all in advance this board is just phenomenal. Kat :( :( :(
Katballou

Postby loriannk » November 8th, 2006, 7:16 am

Well this is my advise. Drink more water and if you are having a bar everyday change to every other or cut them out for a week and see what happens. Same with your snack. Maybe try a few days without one if you can.

Try to not let the plateau get you down. The scale may not be moving but you could be losing inches. Measure yourself if you did so before starting, you might be surprised as to how many inches you have lost already.

Good Luck!
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » November 8th, 2006, 8:27 am

My advice is to drink lots of water and make sure you are measuring your L&G. I would omit any extras such as olive oil, ICBINB, etc. I've had many many plateaus, have had a bar every single day and still continue to lose, so if you like the bars, just be patient, you will lose if you are following the plan.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Jan » November 8th, 2006, 9:29 am

Hi there,
I'm going to give you some "strange" advice. :D But first, let me be certain that you are eating all your meals ( not skipping any) and drinking allll your water. :D Neglecting to do either thing will slow you right down. :cry: Now, if you are following the program to a "T" and still not parting with those few last pounds, I'd try adding a shake.. That's right .. that would put you on a 6/1 program for a few days. Sometimes our bodies need a bit of a calorie push. Don't eat off program though because you'll be adding calories but they won't have the "right balance" and you just may get yourself in trouble. I've certainly seen this happen!! An extra shake is perfectly balanced, won't get you in trouble and just may be the answer.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Thank you all very much! And

Postby Katballou » November 8th, 2006, 11:51 am

Jan, I guess you busted me! I have NOT cheated, but I have skipped a meal or maybe two on days that have just been hectic! (more than not)Thinking this would only help my progress? Maybe it is that I have unknowingly been shooting meself in the foot eh? Will get back on track with the 5 and one, see if that does it and if not will try your suggestion of adding. Wow thanks again Kat :lol: :lol: :lol:
Katballou

Postby Mike » November 8th, 2006, 12:34 pm

I have noticed that changing things around and omitting the bar for a few days helps. While at Sundance, I took in more calories (by way of an extra L&G and extra Medifast meals.... me bad!!).
I came home 4 lbs up. I haven't had a bar since then and have changed around the normal supplement schedule and I have lost the extra 4 plus 2 more in 3 days.
It definately helps to change/omit. Also, you gotta get the water in, and more water always helps. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » November 8th, 2006, 3:36 pm

I agree with changing things up safely. I felt it was too soon for me to plateau...I was stuck even though I was compliant. So I upped the H2O, dropped the bars and I added a shake because I am up until 1a.m. 2 a.m. Hubby leaves work at midnight. And the scale has begun to move again. I also started a walking program so I will see how that goes.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Weight Loss