plateau questions and answers

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

plateau questions and answers

Postby Sheri » January 27th, 2004, 9:38 am

Hi trusted friends: Am starting on week 3. The plateau from last week seemed to end over the week end, but has started again. I think I have some ideas and could use your input. I am having all 5 supplements (3 shakes, 1 bar, either oatmeal or soup) before 5PM. Then when I get home it is 4oz of chicken, meat or fish and a salad. I probably drink way more then 64 oz of H20. A habit from previous diets. And I am not hungry.
So here's my questions/observations. I bowl on Monday nights. This is exercise. Any thoughts? I am on BC pills to help with the normal attributes of being almost 50 (and proud of it :D ).
I also take a painkiller as needed for a bad right knee, that will need surgery later this year. I monitor this closely as I realize the potential for addiction and do not need that! But on cold mornings it is the only way I can get going. Obviously I want to keep on with the bowling and the meds are necessary. But they may be contributing to my plateaus. Any thoughts? Thanks a bunch!
Sheri
Sheri

Postby Jeanette » January 27th, 2004, 10:16 am

Sheri:

Any of the factors you mentioned may contribute to it. However, if you stay faithful to the program you will discover that the plateau is temporary.

I am plateauing a bit myself today, but I am sure it is from my routine being off the last two days due to being trapped at home because of the weather. (Now Mike, don't point your finger and laugh at me and remind me you live in Southern Cal!!)

Hang in there, and stay faithful!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 27th, 2004, 12:29 pm

BC pills?
Should I have asked, or is this women stuff?
:oops:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Jeanette » January 27th, 2004, 2:55 pm

BC=birth control, oral contraceptives...also used to help regulate cycles.

Gee whiz Tim! You don't know much about female stuff, do ya? Must not be married! ;)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 27th, 2004, 3:12 pm

duhhhhh....slap me, will ya?
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Kimbob » January 27th, 2004, 4:25 pm

I know many of us like to weigh daily, but our weight varies so much from day to day that you can't really judge weight loss by weighing more often than once a week. If you weigh in at the same time on the same day of the week, you will most likely not see the plateaus you are talking about.

Weigh as often as you like, but I'd avoid putting too much stock into daily variances. What looks like a plateau could just be your body waiting to catch up. Just chart that weight once a week and you'll see the more steady loss you are hoping for! :)

Kimbob the Hoping Not To Sound Bossy
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Return to Weight Loss