Pics of raederle

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Pics of raederle

Postby raederle » February 24th, 2005, 11:07 am

Hi all,

I rooted around for days trying to find some fat pictures of me; I must have been throwing them out or burning them as fast as they were developed! No wonder, as you'll see below! As posted in my sig, I weighed about 180 in college (not nice on a 5'5" frame) which I think was my highest "known" weight. I was certainly a very fat kid, but I have no idea what I weighed; I was pretty good at avoiding all scales and just safely assuming that since I was obviously much bigger than everyone else, the number never mattered.

Anyway, this is me (sorry for the grainy photo-- all I had!) at 180 pounds in college, with a big chubby face, wearing a man's size large pea coat and men's jeans (waist size 36 -- it was *tough* finding men's jeans that had a 36 waist but a 30 inseam! LOL! Only Humpty Dumpty and I would have worn that size! But I liked buying men's clothes better than women's, because I could avoid facing the reality of what women's size I might have been... 18? Who knows...) I just measured my waist and discovered it's now 27-- crazy.

This one is me at about 145, maybe 150. It was taken about 2 years ago in St. Lucia, when I got engaged. I used to wear a lot of shirts that showed off my boobs, in hopes that they would distract people from noticing my big butt! Did it work??? ;) I look at this pic and wonder what on earth my fiance/husband thought he was buying into...

I lost about 10 pounds for my wedding over the next couple of years, but was still flabby despite lots of starvation and hours at the gym every week. And of course, I gained most of it back during and after the honeymoon! Anyway, here's me now, after about 2 months of Medifasting, somewhere near 125 (but too chicken to get on the scale post-Vegas trip!). I could probably stand to get down to 120 (most of my weight clings to my butt, which I didn't show in the picture-- lol!), but let's see if I can make it to 125.0 first, huh? ;) We can go from there...

Nice to "virtually" meet you all!

For those of you expecting Vegas pics-- sorry to disappoint! But what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas... :mrgreen:

rae
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 24th, 2005, 11:12 am

Oh man, I can't wait for the pictures to be in place along with the words! lol
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby raederle » February 24th, 2005, 11:19 am

Heh heh-- I know; it's weird posting without seeing the pics! I keep refreshing to see if they've been zapped in yet. Not that I'm procrastinating from doing my "real" work or anything...
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby mindovermatter » February 24th, 2005, 11:46 am

Nice to meet you Rae, you look great. Your words are always an inspiration to me and now the pictures have given me even more reason to press on.

Beth
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 24th, 2005, 11:52 am

Wow! Rae, you are so cute! And you look GOOD, girl! And clue: even in your engagement pic, you ain't "FAT;" you were hot!

Thanks for sharing.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Sylvia » February 24th, 2005, 12:04 pm

I'll second that. You look great and FAR from fat at 145. Another inspiring MF success story!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby raederle » February 24th, 2005, 12:27 pm

Well, I'm no Camille, but thanks, guys! :mrgreen:

I always used to subscribe to the "running nekkid" definition of fat when I was younger. That is, if I look good when I run nekkid, then I'm in good shape. At 145 I could not run nekkid! :lol: Okay, I've NEVER been able to run nekkid without cringing! I have officially scrapped that definition, however, in lieu of the more reasonable "My jeans still fit" definition...

Seriously, I guess it's all relative. When I was 180, I would have killed to be 145. But when I got there, I still felt, well, too big. Self-conscious. I think I'll always be self-conscious no matter what, but with 20 fewer pounds on my caboose, I feel as close to "normal" as I have since I was 6 years old. Funny how we strive to be average in at least this one regard, huh? I should print up t-shirts that say, "Strive for mediocrity! Reach an average weight with Medifast!"
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby dlr2424 » February 24th, 2005, 4:05 pm

Rae,
Thanks so much for sharing your pics with us. You are beautiful! and looked pretty good at 145. I understand though it's what you feel in your heart and mind....and I always felt it was better to be at the lower end of the scale than the higher. Before I found Medifast I use to think they would inscribe on my tombstone "Finally No More Diets"...but now after I accomplish my goal there will be no more. With the strength of God and the support here, my maintenance journey shall be succesful!!! Many Blessings, Donna :)

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

hi

Postby NikkiNix » February 24th, 2005, 8:59 pm

Hey Rae,

Dang girl you are smokin. I would die to be 145lbs you look fantastic! You say your no Camille but come on now your just as hot. Between you two girls you could be the new victoria secreat models. You say you have a problem with your booty but just think men across the world prefer J-LO booty over any other kind. Do you know that super model Tyra Banks also thinks her tush is big? I would cry myself to death with happy tears if my booty was anywere close to how big your tush is. I think we should try to strive for exellance not perfection, no one is perfect but i think you are pretty darn close. Hope you had a great time in Vegas.

Keep on Shakin and welcome to the hottie club :D
Nikki
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » February 25th, 2005, 1:36 am

Oh, my, rae ~

You've got a radiant smile and dazzling eyes and that bod looks beautiful! No need to hunt for shirts to distract southerly looks - you are just one major distraction! Your husand must need to keep his arm around you at all times and fend off the admirers left and right!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby jene115 » February 25th, 2005, 3:26 am

You look fantastic Rae! I love the picture in St. Lucia - what a beautiful smile you have.

You're looking really good girl - 125 is right around the corner!
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

wow! Rae you rock!

Postby Joan Roman » February 25th, 2005, 10:02 am

Wow! Rae you are looking great! Have the best time in Vegas! And...Hey, Big Butts are "in" and I'm guessing yours just isn't that big...
Nuttin wrong with a little "Junk in Your Trunk"

In fact...I have that printed on one of my gym tee shirts! :oops:

Woooo Hooooo you're going to Vegas Baby!

Light the place up!
Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » February 26th, 2005, 7:48 am

Rae,
You look beautiful!!!
Your husband is wrapping his arms around his most valued treasure YOU!!
Way to go girl!!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

WOW

Postby LilMsTexas » March 8th, 2005, 10:40 am

Rae,
I looked at your before and after pictures to get an idea of what the person looked like with such an awesome personality...........well............YOU LOOK MARVELOUS!! Something spectacular to look as good on the outside as you do on the inside!

CHEERS!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby raederle » March 8th, 2005, 2:58 pm

:oops: Aaawww... thanks! Funny, I still look at myself, even after losing 50 pounds since college, and think, "Hmmm... I sure could stand to lose a few more off my butt... And ugh-- those thighs!! And will my arms ever stop jiggling???" ;) Oh well. Some day I'll learn to be satisfied; in the mean time, I still got some shakin' to do! (My MF shakes, that is, not my triceps!!!)
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Next

Return to Studio