St. Patricks Day...no beer for me

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

St. Patricks Day...no beer for me

Postby TamiL » March 17th, 2004, 11:49 am

Howdy to all
Happy St. Patricks day to all you Irish People out there!!
I just wanted to share a little something with you all..my thoughts for the day!
I am 100% Itallian..so St. Patricks day is just another day for me...however, in the town i live in..its a PARTY NIGHT!! an excuse to GO out on the town while the bars are packed and drink Green beer till you PUKE!!! (I am single and rarley make it out due to my job schedule and school) ...my department goes ALL OUT for this holiday. Some of the guys I work with are in a band..that is playing at the local Irish bar tonite...and normally I would NOT even be going out..cuz I would feel TOO FAT and have no regular pants besides the gym pants I wore just about every day to "fake" people into thinking I just came from working out!! (little did they know..I didnt come from the gym..I was wearing them every day cuz I outgrew all my pants that FIT!!)
But tonite I am GOING!! I can finally wear a pair of black jeans that were SKIN TIGHT ON ME 6 weeks ago...and they are loose and baggy!! :-P with a nice tight fitting shirt (im one of those tiny uptop women and big below the waist!!)

The First thing that came to my mind was...I CANT DRINK...booo hooo for me...poor Tami...she has to go out and remain sober..what fun is that?
then my second thoughts were...
WHO CARES? do I want to wear this outfit tonite and FEEL GOOD IN IT? yes..and I CAN cuz I have been faithful to the program!! I AM ON SUCH A HIGH that I even WANT to go celebrate with my fellow workers..and THAT I CAN WEAR REAL CLOTHES!! and feel good!! WHO CARES ABOUT THE GREEN BEER? I will be just as happy drinking diet coke and being able to drive myself home safe and sound..and being a designated driver for others....and NOT WAKE UP TOMMORROW morning feeling like garbage...and GUILTY!!! I have learned that drinking, for me, only leads to eating later...when I alter my state of mind...I forget my goals, and in the past, have found myself GORGING on food while buzzed from a few glasses of wine!!

I WONT GO THERE this time!! NOPE!! Im going out...to enjoy BEING OUT for the first time in a long time...and feeling GOOD ABOUT ME...being in control of my eating..of my life for the first time in soooo long!!
so to all my slurpin friends...dont be sad if you miss drinking green beer this St. Patricks day...just think to NEXT YEARS St. Patricks day..when you are at your goal weight...and CAN PARTY (in moderation) and feel GREAT..and LOOK GREAT...cuz well have reached that Gold at the end of the RAINBOW!!!! ;)

:) :) :) :D keep shakin....Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Carrie » March 17th, 2004, 12:12 pm

You go girl! :toast: Have fun tonight!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby elle4nelly » March 17th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Tami?

You rock!
No green beers on St. patti's day = Pretty little dress for July 4th!
That's what I tell me little self(well..not so little..right now..but ..oh who cares... Soon I'll be little and drop dead gorgeous thin!)
Yeah...that's it!
Have all the fun in the world Tami no matter what!!

Nelly :D
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Landylue » March 17th, 2004, 1:17 pm

Tamil, your post absolutely made me want to stand up and cheer!

Go have a ball tonight, and remember, we have your back.

Make us proud!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room