D Day Approaches - Anyt First Day Tips ?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

D Day Approaches - Anyt First Day Tips ?

Postby mytime » June 22nd, 2005, 8:48 pm

Well after speaking to Bonnie I placed my order on Saturday and have been holding my breathe. Half of it came today and they let me know to expect part two tomorrow. I am very excited and very scared. I have been reading the site and everyone is so supportive. I truely believe I can do this if I can just get started. I have chosen Monday and will stick with this.

Just to give you some background I am in a helping profession, am married and have a one year old daughter and three year old son. I work in an environment with models and body image is a huge (pardon the pun) factor. I have been overweight my entire life. This is the first time that I have asked for support - I am usually on the giving end. My giving has taken a toll. It is now or never. I see my two small children and don't want them to suffer as I have or to be ashamed of how their mother looks. I have three goals for this program: 1. to lose weight and keep it off 2. to learn where and how to use all of the emotions things and 3. to inspire and support others trying to do #1. So keep your toes and fingers crossed for me and I will do the same. Any D day advice would be more than welcome. :mrgreen: Keep shakin, Mytime
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » June 22nd, 2005, 11:43 pm

Hi, mytime. Wecome aboard! I'd suggest making sure you have pickles and celery at the ready. Read through some posts here to find out how to improve some of the Medi-foods (soaking the chili and chicken noodle soups for a while before preparing, "doctoring up" some of the foods to make them more palatable, etc). Drink tons of water. And when you're done with that, drink some more water.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DonicaB » June 23rd, 2005, 8:30 am

Mytime~~I truly believe the reason I have failed every diet I have ever tried is because I didn't have any outside support. My DH is always supportive, but doesn't really understand the struggle of being overweight. I haven't always been overweight but I have been overweight for so long now that I don't really remember what it was like to be thin. :scratch:

I couldn't do it without this place. Every time I start to feel like I can't do it.......I come here and just read or I may even post my frustrations. Everyone is soooo encouraging and uplifting that it makes me feel so good. :wavie:

You can do this, mytime. You deserve to feel good about yourself and we will be here cheering you on all the way. :cleader:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Paula » June 23rd, 2005, 1:43 pm

Welcome mytime! Congratulations on making the decision. I honestly don't think you can fail. The program is so easy and comfortable. Get ready to be a little uncomfortable for the first 3 days or so, once you get past that you'll feel great. Really, it's fun to try new things with the supplements; add different seasonings to the soups, try flavors of kool-aid or crystal light with the shakes. I just recently have falled in love with the oatmeal. I never thought I would like that, but somebody on here was writing about making cookies and it just started to sound better and better to me. I just cook it in the microwave until it's a little chewy and it's the best thing in the world... add some sweetner and cinnamon and pinch of salt and vanilla extract. There are lots of tips on here about things to do with the supplements and I'm sure you'll invent your own too. Don't be scared, be excited, you've found Medifast! It's really changed my life and I believe it will change yours as well.
Paula
Start 1/2/2005

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Paula
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 25th, 2005, 4:53 pm

Mytime...... :wavie: .....Welcome.... :D ....I love the name..... :yes: ....and yes IT IS YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!......and instead of D day............It is V day..........Victory over the weight battles... :yeah: ...you have already done the hard part.........now all you have to do is OPEN & SHAKE.. :bib: ..5-6 times a day...... :guzzle: .....follow the plan and the plan will hold true and you will reap the rewards for your perseverence!!!!!!!!!!!!!......... :yay: ........simple as can be........ :mrgreen: ......much success to you on this journey
donna........dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » June 25th, 2005, 5:42 pm

The first day is not easy..........it is tolerable, but not easy. The second and third days may bother you more than the first. After that, it becomes a regimen that you can live with. You may get a headache from the lower salt intake at first. Some boullion should fix you up.

Use all the allowable tools to get through the first few days........the pickles, celery, boullion, Crystal Lite powder (if you hate water like I did).....call your health advisor if you are having a tough time of it at first......they know all the tricks to get you through.

Remember, nothing worth achieving is ever easy..........but once you achieve your goal, it makes everything required to get there worthwhile.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby mytime » June 26th, 2005, 4:17 pm

A million thanks. Day two is kicking my rear end. If I didn't have your posts to read from your beginings and were not able to see your success I would not have made it this far. The way I look at it I am more than halfway through day two and come heck or high water I am going for it. For the first time in my life I am going to be a loser and love it. All my best to each of you - and if you don't get too tired of reading I plan on posting my way right on through this. I will say this though - Once I make it through this first week I AM NOT going off plan - I had been worring in advance about the holidays if you can stand it - but NOTHING is worth this beginning. Again thanks, it helps more than you know. I plan to grin and bare it :mrgreen: Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.