OFF PROGRAM FOR NOW

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

OFF PROGRAM FOR NOW

Postby martha » August 23rd, 2005, 1:41 am

Well everyone I am off program for now..

I have been off program all day and most of last night..I am SOOO sick it's not even funny.I missed going to N.Orleans and have rescheduled for Friday but not sure if I will go or not at this point..Mom has an appointment on Thursday and can not miss it as it is the pain Dr for her surgery(back) have waited soo long for this appointment..

WARNING THIS IS UNPLEASANT--IF WEAK AT YOUR STOMACH DO NOT APPROACH THIS TOPIC :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am running a fever and it's a good one :oops: -- throat has been bleeding as I have been throwing up alot.. MF isn't so good coming up :oops: :oops: You have to trust me on this :mrgreen:
I have a mouth full of fever blisters..tongue is full down both sides-- in every nook and cranny there are fever blisters..even my throat.. :oops: :oops: Can't swallow at all.. EARS are inflamed too.Dr advised to not worry about the program for now as I don't care if I eat-drink- or DIE at this point :mrgreen: ..I hate Sprite or7-up(especially diet kind) would rather be beat than have to drink it but he wants me to keep trying..Nyquil is not my favorite thing to have either but sure swallowed a couple of doses tonight..Just woke up to go and change mom and her bed so I thought I would answer a few of the posts--I hate missing this forum for 1 day but might have to for a day or so.. just depends on how STUBBORN I am(pretty Stubborn at times :mrgreen: )I want to encourage all of you every chance I can..
Grandbaby Jordan(2) had to go to the Dr Yesterday and I kept him through all of this.. I think I got this from HIM as he has about the same thing.. SUNDAY was the pits--cooked for everyone but didn't enjoy the company at all. :x Just felt like crying but He couldn't go to day care and it was for only 2 hours..If I could just sleep all night and day but have to cook and all for mom and niece and her 4 year old from :x never mind you can fill in the blanks from here :mrgreen: ..She threw a fit so bad today that I thought I would have to KILL her myself.. Tried laying down in between moms meds and meals but NOT.... just can't seem to sleep in the day time..of course mom is hard of hearing and the tv was blaring.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (OH here I go again--poor me--sorry :x :x )
Please continue to pray for me as I feel like I really need it at this time.. I have tears running down my face as I type(not crying just runny eyes)Hope to get back on soon.. taking some steroids and antibotics for now.. ALSO some stuff to swish around in the mouth.. don't want to eat or drink really for now.. Thanks in advance for the prayers..
Keep melting away those pounds till I am back on program..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Signladytf » August 23rd, 2005, 4:15 am

Martha,

I am so sorry! What a terrible time you're having! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Sometimes it seems "When it rains, it pours!"

Even in the midst of trials and tribulations, don't forget that God won't give you anything you can't handle (or HAND over to Him!).

Take it easy, recuperate, when you are able to take in nutrients again, go for the broth and MF crackers, then you'll be on your way!

Take care and feel better!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lisa in NY » August 23rd, 2005, 5:13 am

Martha,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles!
Remember that the most important thing is for YOU to take care of YOURSELF - otherwise you're no good to anyone else. GET SOME REST and ask your husband to wait on you !

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY

Postby fatfree » August 23rd, 2005, 6:52 am

On Martha! :(
I was reading your post and just couldnt help but cry!! :tears:
I wish there was something I could do for you :hugblue:
I am praying for your speedy recovery!! I have had migraines all my life, and I remember when my daughter was little and I would get one so bad I wished I could just rip my head off, and all I wanted in the world was to lay down, but I had to keep going to look after her, as you know you cant just go to bed when someone needs you.
Is there any possibility of someone helping with your mom?
I just feel so bad that you are soooo sick and still have to take care of someone else instead of yourself. Please know you are in my prayers and thoughts Martha :heart:
Get better soon
Shelley
RESTARTED MAY 1, 2006

fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Ash's mom » August 23rd, 2005, 6:55 am

Oh Martha....I have tears running down my face too....because I am crying after reading your post.....my heart goes out to you.

You are such a dear sweet person and I hate to hear of you going through this hard time. I surely wish I was near and could help in some way. Please know your friends here at the forum and praying for you and sending our love.

(I hope you are not reading this until you are well....and that you are getting some well deserved rest)

-Heather

PS - Send the bratty kids home for their parents to feed and take care of!!! I know you love them, but enough is enough....they can come back when you are feeling better and aren't having thoughts of throwing them from the second story.... :)
Ash's mom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Alisha » August 23rd, 2005, 7:53 am

Aw Martha I'm so terribly sorry that you're feeling ever so poorly! Don't worry about program - worry about getting yourself better. Your body will need extra calories to have strength to fight off whatever virus you have.

I completely sympathize on the Nyquil thing. I can't get that stuff down my throat - it locks up! What horrible stuff. I'd suggest taking the tablets instead but I'm certain you couldn't get a tablet down your poor sore throat.

Just you hang in there dear heart. My thoughts are with you and I hope that you feel better very VERY soon.

All the very best.

Alisha :heart:
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby sprgrammy » August 23rd, 2005, 8:21 am

My goodness Martha you really have a nasty bug. My prayers are with you. Hang in there and I hope to see you soon. God's blessings to you, Carol
sprgrammy

Postby joysea » August 23rd, 2005, 9:17 am

Dear Martha~
I wish I could help you and your mom! I can only imagine how horrible this is for you! How you are still posting, I'll never know!! You still remain true to the forum "through sickness and health!"

I am so glad you are on antibiotics...I hope you take a turn for the best in 24-48 hours! I'm sure DH Doug is sending you "get-well" vibes from the tugboat!

Can't you just say "NO" about all that cooking! You need to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else, MOM included. I know she needs her meals, but couldn't frozen something suffice for a little while? I worry about you and empathize with your predicament.

I will offer prayers for you....that family and health issues resolve.

May God hold in His arms with lots of TLC.

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Marcelle » August 23rd, 2005, 9:33 am

And how! With the support on the board for you, you should be getting wellness vibes that will rock you bug right out of there!

You are always so helpful and supportive to us and obviously others too, perhaps you can take care of yourself and maybe order a pizza (for them) and a set of earplugs for you!

My dh snores LOUDLY. :lol: I had never needed anything to block noises out while I slept, but they truly work. Especially when you're sick... :snooze:

Feel better soon and we are waiting to see you!
Marcelle

08/07/05 = 187 and 5'7"
08/14/05 = 176.5
08/21/2005 = 175
Mini Goal is to break 175lbs.
Next Goal is to break 165 lbs.
Final Goal is 130 - 135 lbs.
Marcelle

Postby fatBgone » August 23rd, 2005, 9:52 am

Martha, Martha, Martha....hug :hug: hug :hug: hug :hug:

Oh my gosh....I feel SOOO bad for you!! Please know that we are all praying for a speedy recovery for you!

Everyone has already said this, but here goes again....PLEASE take care of yourself & try to simplify everything else for the next couple of days that you do for everyone else!!!! I'm sure your mom will understand - and it would be really nice if your niece could find someone else to take care of her daughter too....she'll probably end up getting sick staying there with you and then the cycle will start all over again. I hope your grandson is feeling better by now.

You have been so supportive of everyone here & now it's our turn!!! Just get well....we'll miss you for the next couple of days while you get rid of the ickies!!! Take care hun!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » August 23rd, 2005, 3:45 pm

Holy moly, Martha! POOR YOU! :hug:

I hope you can get a lot of rest... farm out some of those care-taking responsibilities if you can, I say.

Thinking of you and sending you healing vibes... :heart:

Gee willikers... Let me at those mean bugs!

:twisted: :shoot: Bzzt.... Blammo!

:lightsword: I will never join you, Darth Cough!

:lightbeam: En guarde!

:lightening: Whammo!

:stickwack: Thwack!

:whip: Wssssst..... SNAP!

If that doesn't work, maybe a stern talking to? :coach: Avast, ye evil beasties! Be gone from our Martha!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby 70 » August 23rd, 2005, 4:50 pm

Get better soon Martha... and take care of yourself!

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby ljm498 » August 23rd, 2005, 5:15 pm

Oh Martha! What a time you're having! Just rest and take care of yourself as much as you can. I'll certainly keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby martha » August 23rd, 2005, 8:19 pm

HI EVERYONE--

Just woke up again and decided to look and see who needs a hug and I just found all of the ones you sent to me :mrgreen: THANKS TO YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!..I am still off program and struggling with the nyquil and meds BUT do feel somewhat better..I got up at 8am and did the breakfast thing and shots and meds for mom and went back to bed.. GOt up at 3pm when my brother showed up(8months) and borrowed money and needed a favor which I said NO to :shock: :shock: .and even told mom NO to giving her another bath today(just did it yesterday) fed them all leftover roast beef and gravy sandwiches(yes I said leftovers :oops: )did the meds and shots and back to bed.. :shock: and they all survived..GO FIGURE :mrgreen: Just got back up and took nyquil again and am off to bed till tomorrow. I can't believe I said NO today :shock: and 2 times at that..AND I know they are still in SHOCK about it :shock: :shock: --
Thanks to all of you for your love and support and hugs..Hope to start again soon..Hope to be better soon..Thanks again--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby fatBgone » August 23rd, 2005, 9:35 pm

Good for you Martha! :yes: I'm glad to hear you're getting as much rest as you can in between caring for your mom. Leftover roast beef & gravy sandwiches sound pretty good to me....I hope nobody complained!! They should be able to understand that you're physically drained & that you need the rest to get back on your feet. Keep on resting & I hope you feel tons better tomorrow when you wake up!!
:snooze:
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.