OFF PROGRAM FOR NOW

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby aimalasplace » August 23rd, 2005, 11:33 pm

Oh Martha,
I hope you feel better FAST. I don't know how you can do all that you are doing. Sometime you need to take time out for yourself. I know it's easier said than done.
With you being so sick Medifast shouldn't be a priority- Your health is.
You are in my prayers! :hug: :bighug: :hugblue:
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby KeleeGrl » August 24th, 2005, 5:51 am

Sorry, this is the first chance I've had to come on the forum and I came right to this post! Martha, Martha, Martha...here you are sick and worried about giving us hugs and support...well you just sit back and relax and we'll be the one giving you the hugs! :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

I'm glad your feeling a little better, but get well will ya! We're all thinking about you!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby fedup » August 24th, 2005, 7:31 am

Martha- I'm sooooo sorry to hear how sick you are. Just take care of yourself right now, and congratulations on saying NO! I need to learn how to do that myself sometimes! We're all praying for you!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Mommy2girls » August 24th, 2005, 2:12 pm

Martha! :hug:

I'm so sorry that you are so sick! I hope you are feeling better QUICK, and I'm SO PROUD of you for saying NO and meaning it! :no:

The world as they know it will NOT end while you are recuperating! So take care of yourself FIRST, drink lots of fluids :water: and REST REST REST my dear. :snooze:

Medifast and all your MF friends will be here whenever your are able to continue. BEST WISHES and LOTS of HUGS to FEEL BETTER SOON! :wave:
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LeeannNH » August 24th, 2005, 2:26 pm

hi martha

i am so sorry to hear how awful you are feeling. it sounds like you have alot on your plate, so to speak. it sounds like you are really good at taking care of everyone (you do it here and you are wonderful with your mom). please put yourself first and get some much deserved rest!

you are an amazing woman, you are so kind and supportive...we all love you!!!!

take good care and i will be thinking of you
leeann

by the way---i hate nyquil!!! ugh :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby ladyhawke » August 24th, 2005, 2:34 pm

I hope you feel better soon, you poor thing, glad that you are getting some rest. :wavie:
Don't worry MF and all of us will be here when you are well.
God Bless You sweetie
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Emma » August 24th, 2005, 3:28 pm

Oh my gosh Martha - are you doing any better today? I've been so busy the last couple of days I wasn't able to check on the forum. I'm so sorry you're so sick. I hope it gets better soon and you get lots of rest.

You're in my prayers.
emma
:hug:
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma

Postby want2Bthin » August 24th, 2005, 4:54 pm

Martha-

I am so sorry for not seeing this sooner! :cry: I have not been on here for a couple days. I hope you continue to improve rapidly. I have been & will continue to keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

Angelia :-P :D
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » August 24th, 2005, 6:17 pm

Hey everyone--

Well I am not any better today but am planning on going to the Dr either tomorrow after mom's appointment (1:30pm) or Friday morning..I am so worried about being off program and drinking all of this sprite and 7up..My mouth is so full of blisters and my tongue too. :shock: :shock: Wish I Knew what was up..I haven't ever had anything like this in 50years..I now can not talk at all :( Sound like a screeching dying bird :x It is terrible..the fever is worse today but hopefully the nyquil will kill it tonight again..It about kills me to drink the stuff :mrgreen: HORRIBLE!!!!! Thanks for all the hugs and love..I hope everyone has a good week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby suzyq » August 24th, 2005, 7:09 pm

Martha - you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight! Sounds like maybe you have Fifths Disease - common in kids but oh so nasty in adults! Keep up the meds and fluids and SLEEP! :heart:

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq

Postby martha » August 25th, 2005, 11:17 pm

HI ALL--
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Went to the Dr today(daughter drove me) and it is not Strep Throat or Fifth disease..It's some kind of a viral thing that's going around..He thinks I got it from one of my sick grandkids(kissing them) told me to stop kissing them for now..I got a shot and a couple of scripts today and a big bag of samples of valtrex 1gram..I take 2 of them every 6 hours till Sat. if not any better by then I go in for a intensive antibotic course(the last ones didn't work)I am suppose to stay in bed(not happening) but will try..rest and hopefully will be able to talk in a day or so.. I have fever blisters and am running a fever and even was lucky enough to get a rash reaction to it(ringworm like) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yeap I am so lucky-- SO I got a script for it too. Now it cost 160.00 today and that's without the meds..I like to have killed over then :mrgreen: but I will live..He took me off the program for now and I wanted you to know I had a cup of ice cream today(froze my throat) It felt good but I am worried about gaining any weight back..with all the 7-up and sprite too. Have stopped throwing up but can not talk at all..YEAH it's quite here :mrgreen: ..I want you to know you can get this simply by someone breathing on you in a store he said(that's scarey)so I am using a mask around mom.. Am taking a few days off from cooking big meals and going to try to rest..Slept good today after the shot and meds..
Thanks to all of you for your prayers and the good wishes you have been sending to me..They mean alot to me and I will not forget it..I hope you all have a great week.. and I look forward to seeing less of each one of you at weigh-in :mrgreen: --Keep up the good work and THANKS AGAIN--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Emma » August 26th, 2005, 3:26 am

Good morning Martha:

I can't even imagine how miserable you feel - you should be in bed and not sitting at the computer :x - but I know how hard that is!

Is there anyone that can help you with your mom for a couple of days? Or a least get you some meals?

Don't worry about gaining weight, it's most likely you're not getting enough calories anyway - MF will be ready when you are, just get better!

I'll be thinking of you today.
emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma

Postby LeeannNH » August 26th, 2005, 9:27 am

hi martha

oh my gosh! it sounds like you are going through a scary yucky virus. i am so sorry :( . i cant believe you have the strength to type on here. i hope you have a laptop and can enjoy the web in bed.

dont you worry about the weight. you need to take special care of yourself and mf will always be here. i agree with emma, is there anyone that can come over and help you out? i dont want to see you get worse or see you mom get the virus too.

im just really worried about you. please keep us all up to date. im glad you went to the doctor and have a course of action....just please try to REST---as selfish as it sounds, we all need you here! :mrgreen:

hugs and love
leeann ;)
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Lisa Renee » August 26th, 2005, 9:46 am

Gosh sounds like you have Coxsackievirus. I had it about 4 years ago and you sound like you have the same exact symptoms. The good news is you probably will never have it again in your life...Like that helps much as this point! Just know that everyone here cares about you and are sending prayers your way that you recover quickly. Don't feel so guilty about the soda. If that is all you can drink, then it's better than being dehydrated. Medifast will still be there when you are well again and your weight loss will happen again then. Heck you might even loose a couple pounds this week anyway will all the problems you have been having. I took care of my mom for 4 months/24 hours a day when she fell ill with a blood virus that left her almost paralyzed. Don't feel guilty saying no, sometimes your mom probably doesn't even know how much she has already asked you to do. When moms are sick, they kind of stop being your mom and they forget that you need rest etc... It's ok to take a break. You have to take care of yourself, so don't beat yourself up about it. My mom would call me every 20 mins sometimes day and all through the night. I tried to come every time the first few days, but it got to the point where I started bringing things to her a bunch at a time so that she could lean over and get them herself if she needed it later. You are not neglecting her just because you wait a day to give her a bath. You are doing the best that you can, and sometimes remember, NO ONE IS GOING TO LOOK OUT FOR YOU BUT YOURSELF. H U G S!
Lisa Renee

Postby fatfree » August 26th, 2005, 4:53 pm

Martha , You are still in my prayers and I sure hope this nasty bug goes away SOON! I HATE to be sick! I hope I never get what you have.....it sounds just awfull!!

Im sending you lots of good healthy vibes......can you feel em?

GET BETTER LADY! I NEED YOU HERE! :hugblue:
Shelley
RESTARTED MAY 1, 2006

fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in.