Im off Medifast now and still losing weight. :)

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Im off Medifast now and still losing weight. :)

Postby ErikaEastwood » April 12th, 2004, 7:38 pm

I went off Medifast , Thursday was my last day. My blood sugar got really low and my aunt who is a doctor consulted me and said my body needed a break from the diet. I was lethargic and in bed for 3 days and then my family did intervention on me so I thought about it and im already back in my old clothes and my last 10lbs consist of mostly shaping up. I have lost more weight this time than I did 3 years ago when I lost weight on my own without being on any program and I wasnt sad or scared when I came to the conclusion that I did have to stop Medifast because my body was starting to wind down. I do give Medifast all the credit for my 30lb loss and everything that happened in such a short period of time.- 8 weeks and 30lbs lighter- Sunday when I weighed I figured since I started eating on Friday and Saturday that I wouldnt see a weight loss but much to my surprise I had lost 2.5lbs which put me at a 30lb loss. I had SOY oatmeal for breakfast, (tuna melt for lunch that is tuna melt on 1 piece of wheat bread), fruit for snacks in the afternoon, ive been eating watermelon and pinapple chunks, apples. Had beef jerky last night-YUMMY- had a cup of homemade chili tonight for dinner and im walking 2-3 miles a day and still have not gained!!!!!! I am understanding my body now. I can actually eat and not gain weight as long as its healthy food and in moderate portions- DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before it was fruity pebbles, lots of white bread, twinkies, icecream bars, candy, cakes,pies, greasy fast food and Pepsi. Now its DIET SODA and not even diet soda everyday mostly water only. I love this eating healthy and exercising stuff! Drinking my 64oz of water still and walking helps keep the weight off I believe-I did have to start out slowing putting foods back into my diet because I got sick at the end of day 1 from having solids. I been going to the bathroom everyday to so no plumbing problems so far. I went to Subway one afternoon and got a CRAB SALAD. It never tasted so good. If you pick your food choices wisely and exercise everyday and drink your water, your gonna keep the weight off. Dont let your diet rule you , you rule the diet! Thats my motto now. I still planning on losing the rest of my 10 lbs but I will do it on my own , ive already got over the big hump for the most part and now im on a new challenge. I will keep letting you all know how I am doing every week. Ill keep weighing in once a week if that is ok with you all. Good luck everyone!
ErikaEastwood
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby elle4nelly » April 13th, 2004, 9:06 am

dear Erika:

You made me smile, because I am proud of you. You have finally understood what I didn't in my thin days. I do now, just like you do. Take very goodcare of yourself. Being healthy is eating well and exercising. I intend to come off Medifast as soon as I get 20 lbs away from my final goal. I rather lose those last 15 lbs by eating well and exercising. Soon as the scale will say 150lb...I'll be doing the same..upping my exercise and eating small portions of very healthy food.
Good Job!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby shineface » April 13th, 2004, 1:30 pm

Erika--

Good for you -your head sounds healthier and that rules the body.

Please do keep coming into the forum you have a lot to offer all of us and maybe you might pick up a few more things that will help you in your new healthier life!!! Congrats!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby TamiL » April 13th, 2004, 1:55 pm

Erika
it sounds as if you are on the right path to changing your lifestyle and eating healthier!! I think you and I started around the same time...you lost your weight alot faster than me!! then again..Ive been playing around with the demons in my head the last few weeks..but back on track now and FULL SPEED AHEAD on the thinville track!!! I plan on getting to 135 pounds on medifast...then going off...maybe still having a few shakes a day cuz I LOVE THEM!! and being single..its cheaper than cooking meals all the time!! I still have to get my butt in gear to work out on a daily routine...I will walk a few times a week..or do my firm tapes..but then overtime comes up or something does...school or whatever..and I use those to throw me off...just excuses I guess...but I notice that I have alot more FLAB than I want!! so I know the only way to tighten that up is with WEIGHTS and CARDIO..so I gots to get my butt in gear!!
so proud of you and all your doing to maintain your loss...just cuz your not medifasting any longer..dosent mean your not welcome here...your part of us...keep us posted on how things are going!!

Tami :-P
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room