How long before you start losing weight?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby ascicles » March 10th, 2006, 8:58 am

I think I've been close to the 80-90 oz. range. I'm going to try to up it to about 120 today.

I'm starting to think that it may be my scale. It only goes up to 330, so I just add the additional weight as it moves back around. It's been accurate in the past, but maybe it's gotten old. I wonder where I can find a good scale that actually will go up to 370. Even then manual scale at the gym at work only goes up to 350.

I guess my first goal can be to get down to a weight where scales can actually weigh me.
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 10th, 2006, 10:40 am

ascicles wrote:I'm starting to think that it may be my scale. It only goes up to 330, so I just add the additional weight as it moves back around. It's been accurate in the past, but maybe it's gotten old. I wonder where I can find a good scale that actually will go up to 370. Even then manual scale at the gym at work only goes up to 350.

Hi Ascicles!

I was looking around Amazon, and found the Taylor 7308 Lithium Strain Gauge Scale with Large 1.8 inch LCD Display for $34.99. It goes up to 400 pounds and looks like a good scale! :)

Here is some info on it:

Features:
* Solid steel construction
* Lifetime Warranty
* Large 1.8" LCD readout
* Instant on and automatic zero
* Wide platform with Chrome Bezel around the readout

Product Description
Another fully featured scale from Taylor, the market leader in bathroom scales. Everything about this scale is bigger - it features one of the largest platforms on the market today, accommodating even large feet. The readout is oversized: 1.8 digits in a 2.0 readout for easy reading from a distance or without glasses on. The capacity is even larger: reaching to 400 lbs (180 kgs) by 0.5 lbs. A bright chrome bezel highlights the readout and the molded platform. The platform also features a texture which helps the slip factor. Four load cells utilize the most accurate strain gauge mechanisms. Includes a long life lithium battery that lasts day after day, week after week, month after month. Lifetime warranty.

Just thought I'd post in case you're in the scale market :)

Good to have another newbie here!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Ok guest..

Postby Ginabobina1969 » March 10th, 2006, 11:05 am

First, why don't you register so we can feel like we know you a little better. :)<edit, nevermind I see you joined-YAY!!!>Image

Secondly, STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!! :-P TRULY!!! I beg you to stay off that scale for ONE WEEK...follow the program religiously and be patient. I know it is hard but you will see results if you give it a go and it really sounds like the scale is demoralizing you which is dangerous right now.

Don't despair..you didn't gain the weight overnight and its not gonna go away overnight but it reallly, truly will start to drop at an astonishing rate if you just set your mind on your goals and stick with it! :) Also, please try not to compare your losses with anyone else's, also a dangerous thing for the moral.

Before I started Medifast It took me almsot 1 and 1/2 months to lose just 8 pounds. I started medifast on Feb 16 and I am 16 pounds down in 22 days...no cheats. It works I promise! YOU CAN DO IT!!

We are gonna help you celebrate each milestone along the way too! Get pumped up, get motivated get hopeful cause your on your way!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ascicles » March 10th, 2006, 11:29 am

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to pick up that scale (to use once a week :))
ascicles

Postby ascicles » March 10th, 2006, 2:37 pm

Well, it's 4:30 in the afternoon and I just finished my fifth 20 oz. bottle of water. 100 oz. so far, and I plan on drinking about 40 more before the end of the day. I guess we'll see if drinking more water helps.
ascicles

Postby falisamarie » March 10th, 2006, 2:46 pm

Feel like you are floating yet????

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ascicles » March 10th, 2006, 2:51 pm

Nah, I'm used to drinking a lot of water. I usually get in about 100 oz. in a day anyway, so I'm just adding a little bit more.
ascicles

Postby ascicles » March 13th, 2006, 8:45 am

Well, it's the end of week one and I'm down four pounds. I'm hoping that my scale is wrong, because if not, I'm not terribly impressed...especially given the water weight that I should have lost.

Given my weight, I should lose more than four pounds in the first week. This is really frustrating.
ascicles

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 13th, 2006, 6:37 pm

ascicles wrote:Well, it's the end of week one and I'm down four pounds. I'm hoping that my scale is wrong, because if not, I'm not terribly impressed...especially given the water weight that I should have lost.

I really think it's your scale! At 370 pounds, I would guess (rough guess!) that you would lose 10-12 pounds your first week.

Can you go to a doctor's office and get weighed in maybe? Or get that scale off Amazon? ;)

Patience, young Jedi! The weight has either dramatically started to fall off or it will VERY SOON! There is no way... repeat no way... that you (or anyone) cannot lose on Medifast. :) I promise!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby ascicles » March 14th, 2006, 1:40 pm

BerkshireGrl wrote:
ascicles wrote:Well, it's the end of week one and I'm down four pounds. I'm hoping that my scale is wrong, because if not, I'm not terribly impressed...especially given the water weight that I should have lost.

I really think it's your scale! At 370 pounds, I would guess (rough guess!) that you would lose 10-12 pounds your first week.

Can you go to a doctor's office and get weighed in maybe? Or get that scale off Amazon? ;)

Patience, young Jedi! The weight has either dramatically started to fall off or it will VERY SOON! There is no way... repeat no way... that you (or anyone) cannot lose on Medifast. :) I promise!

I ordered the scale the moment I read the initial post. I'm just waiting on it to get here. As soon as I get it and check the accurate weight, I'm going to starting checking only once a week.
ascicles

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 14th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Ascicles,

My fingers are crossed for you... legs too... :lol: (Faster, Amazon, hee hee!) I'm dying to know too...
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » March 14th, 2006, 6:08 pm

While you're waiting, can you feel a difference in your clothes? That's always a good indicator - better than the scale, really.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ascicles » March 15th, 2006, 12:47 pm

The scale came today, and I was right...the old scale was broken! I am down to 359.5, which puts me at 10.5 pounds lost in eight days. It's probably even less, since I weighed in the middle of the day, with my clothes and shoes on, in addition to my keys and wallet. I'm also thinking that I actually weighed a little more than 370, since I weighed 376 when I went to the doctor about two months ago...and I didn't change anything about my eating habits until last week.

I am as light as a feather...and 359.5 pound feather.
ascicles

Postby Lauren » March 15th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Ascicles, I am SO happy for you, and we are all breathing a sigh of relief! I know you really needed to see the number to believe in this (and all that darn water drinking we've been pushing!), so I am thrilled that you got the results you were seeking, and believe in the diet.

Barring any totally bizarre health issue, there's no way MF can't work if you work it. So we just held our breath until you got your new scale...

Congratulations, we're off to a great start!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby just_julie » March 15th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Yea! Congrats! You make me want to go get a new scale!
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss