How long before you start losing weight?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby ascicles » March 15th, 2006, 1:25 pm

No more dieting for me, just a new scale every few weeks!

I kid, I kid.
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 15th, 2006, 3:26 pm

ascicles wrote:... I am down to 359.5, which puts me at 10.5 pounds lost in eight days ... I weighed in the middle of the day, with my clothes and shoes on, in addition to my keys and wallet.

AWESOME!!! Great news! I bet you are INDEED lighter than 359.5 too, with all that stuff on/in your pockets.

Not to get too TMI, but boy, I definitely do not weigh in dressed, shoed, holding anything... I even make sure the cat is not stepping on the scale, hee hee!... I'd temporarily shave my head too if I could! :lol: I don't even weigh if my hair is wet. ;)

WELCOME to Loserville!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby just_julie » March 15th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Don't forget to exhale all that excess air too!

Sorry to :deadhorse: , but I'm with you, BerkshireGrl!

Can't wait to hear your official weigh in results, ascicles.
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » March 15th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Great news!! And so true about the program. It can be slow or fast, but it does seem to work no mater what, as long as you follow it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ascicles » March 16th, 2006, 10:30 am

This morning was my "official" weigh in, since it was mid-day yesterday and I was wearing all of my clothes. I am officially down four more pounds than I originally started. So, 14.5 pounds in ten days...I'm quite happy about that.

Also, I reached a small milestone. My favorite movie theatre is a small, run-down, arthouse cinema. They get a a ton of independent films, but because of that, it is a cinema that used to be a small multiplex. Since the seats were put in about 20 years ago, they weren't made for today's "larger" population. Anyway, I have always been able to sit in the seats, but it's been really tight.

Last night, I went to see a movie and was shocked when I sat down in the seat and fit perfectly. No tightness! It's not a major accomplishment, but at the very least it will make my movie going experience much better.
ascicles

Postby FORMOMMY » March 16th, 2006, 10:39 am

That is a great Non Scale Victory!!!!! Those are the little things (or big things depending on what it is) that we live for!! I love that I can sit in a chair and not push against the sides. I've only lost 26 pounds but it is amazing how much better I fit in and through things now :)

Way to go!!!! :yay:
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby veritas » March 17th, 2006, 9:28 am

It was so cool to read this post from start to finish. To see the frustration and doubt :x grow into victory and excitement! :yippee: I am so happy for you :whoohoo: and am waiting anxiously for my first week to reveal its glory. This diet really rocks!!! :yeah: It was also very cool to see the troops rally up, what a great place! :bighug:
veritas
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » March 17th, 2006, 4:57 pm

Dear Skinny ~

I am so happy to read your progress report. ascicles, you experienced what I call a "Because I Can" moment at the movie theater! Every time I discover something I can now do that I coudn't do before I lost weight, I add it to my Because I Can list! Isn't this thinnin' process fun? :sheepjump:

We are happy to have you along with us on the journey...just keep chugging along and you'll do great. Don't give your scale too uch power...trust the program, it works!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Diana » March 19th, 2006, 1:18 pm

Great idea, Nancy!!!

I'm going to add a Because I Can list in addition to my list of Want Tos.

This is Day 4 and I'm down 9.5 lbs!!! I truly can't believe I'm out the gate.

If it weren't for the fact that we've already got a really good high capacity scale (my husband's weight loss journey started at 460 lbs.), I'd definitely try ascicle's new-scale method for those weeks I know I'll be disappointed! Way to go, buddy!!

If your scale's like ours, in a couple of years, you'll need to unplug it periodically to let it recalibrate. The first morning on MF, I got up and the scale cheerfully read a loss of over 11 pounds!!! After recalibration, it was 4 lbs, BUT I'LL GLADLY TAKE THE 4!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here's to out mutual success, all!! :buddies:
Diana
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Nancy » March 19th, 2006, 4:03 pm

Those scales can make ya :nana: cwazy if we're not careful!

:shock: Look at you already - in the 10 Pound Club - :whoohoo:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby ascicles » March 19th, 2006, 5:08 pm

I was hoping to jump into the 20# club today, but that two pound gain killed that. It's ok though, I'm going to have to stop weighing so often!

My big problem now is finding things to have for my lean and green. The lean isn't a problem, but I'm sick of every "green" I can think of. I think we should petition medifast to let us eat CORN!
ascicles

Postby Nancy » March 19th, 2006, 6:08 pm

You know, you CAN have corn any old time you want to :bib: eat it…of course it will hinder your weight loss, increase your hunger and cravings, but you can have it, if you so choose...I just suspect that you are going to temporarily set corn aside for a while and go for your goal in the shortest, least difficult way, eh? ;)

:secret: My husband does not like vegetables other than corn and French fried potatoes and it was rather difficult for him to eat the ‘green’ part of the Lean and Green meal but he did it and he discovered he actually likes tomatoes now! :tomato:

A lettuce and tomato salad isn't so bad after all, especially when compared to the alternative: flabdom

:twisted: broccoli, cabbage cauliflower, cucumber, asparagus, etc. will most likely never march across my husband’s tastebuds but he will gladly have a lettuce salad and he can hack a green bean once in a while.

You can do it! Green is your new :hug: best friend, isn’t it?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby veritas » March 19th, 2006, 10:05 pm

Since we are on the subject, I have a question. :?: Since a lettuce and tomato salad is extremely low in calories and zilch in fat, is it permissable to have a side of it in addition to your lean and green? I guess to confess, :secret: I was REALLY hungry this evening since it was a late one and so I fixed myself some lettuce with 2 slices of tomatoes topped with salt and pepper. :oops: I don't know what came over me, the hunger monster I guess. :twisted: Is this going to mess me up?? I didn't want to go to bed all hungry but I didn't want to eat something bad either. Just looking for some insight, thanks for any replies. :)
veritas

Postby Nancy » March 20th, 2006, 11:12 am

Veritas ~

You didn't eat anything 'bad' but let me write a bit of info here...

If you seemingly become hungry and you have not been hungry for a while, try to analyze your meal times - have you been eating every three hours? Have you been stretching your meals out a bit too far apart? You mention that you had a longer day, if so, it is always best to have another shake or a meal packet rather than extra vegetables because each packet provides a balanced complete meal. Hunger can also indicate a need for additional fluid.

Generally I'd suggest that it is best to go with a meal packet if in doubt rather than having the extra serving of vegetables.

Keep slurpin' and losing!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby veritas » March 20th, 2006, 12:30 pm

Thanks for the reply Nancy. To answer your questions, I space my supplements about 2-3 hours apart starting at 9 am and having my last at usually about 7pm. Yesterday however I was up well past midnight and my tummy was just growling away. If this ever happens again I will be sure to drink a shake before anything else. I appreciate your help and input.
veritas

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss