How long before you start losing weight?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby Nancy » March 20th, 2006, 2:32 pm

Veritas, you don't mention what time you get up in the morning but we'll assume you are eating your first meal within an hour of getting up in the morning...it sounds like you are doing just fine with your meal schedule if they are every 2-3 hours apart. I'd not worry about having another shake or food packet next time you stay up later than usual, especially if you have had an active day.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby ascicles » March 21st, 2006, 10:34 am

Arghhh! I think I've hit a plateau. Over the past four days I've been at 351.5, 353.5, 351.5, and 351.5. I didn't think I would hit a plateau after less than two weeks :(

I hope I get back to losing soon. I tend to drink more water at work than at home, so I am going to see if I lose tommorow (I haven't worked since the plateau started). If so, I am going to have to make a huge effort to drink more water when I'm off of work. I still get about 80oz. or so, but when I work, I tend to be at about 150.
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Nancy » March 21st, 2006, 12:45 pm

If your water intake is cut in half at home, that could definitely affect your weight loss.

No time to get worried here, this is just the beginning of your program; weighing daily makes some people crazy but it's what I do, too so I can totally relate...we cannot make our body comply to our desires - it does what it does but we can control what we choose to eat and as long as you are eating all of the portion-controlled meals on time and following the plan, the fluffy will fly away in its due time.

Hangeth in there! Keep reading and stay focused as you de-flab!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby falisamarie » March 21st, 2006, 1:41 pm

OK I will admit I am an avid weigher too. I have gotten better though only weighing 3 to 4 times a week. That said and this may sound weird but all my loss seems to come right before weigh in. I can stay the same weight all week through Friday and then weigh on Sunday and bam 4-5 lbs gone! So don't get discouraged at the daily numbers remember it is the weekly losses that we post on Roll call!

Hang in there and drink drink drink that water!

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ascicles » March 21st, 2006, 2:40 pm

Drinking water isn't a problem at work. In fact, I have to make sure I don't drink too much. I usually hit the 128oz mark by around 2-3.
ascicles

Postby ascicles » March 22nd, 2006, 9:04 am

Well, I lost one pound today. Not a huge jump, but regardless, it's nice to see the scale going down again. I'm a half pound away from the 20 pound club. Hopefully I can join it tommorow!

If I lose again tommorow, I'm blaming my small plateau on not drinking enough water.
ascicles

Postby Unca_Tim » March 22nd, 2006, 9:22 am

Hi ascicles,
All ready here to add you to the 20# club....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby ascicles » March 22nd, 2006, 10:23 am

Unca_Tim wrote:Hi ascicles,
All ready here to add you to the 20# club....:)

Keep your finger on the button!
ascicles

Postby ascicles » March 23rd, 2006, 8:25 am

Grrrrrrrrrrr. Today, a gained a half pound back. This is killing me!

Here is my past week...

Friday - 351.5
Saturday - 351.5
Sunday - 353.5
Monday - 351.5
Tuesday - 351.5
Wednesday - 350.5
Thursday - 351

Is it usual to have a plateau like this in only your 3rd week on the program...especially when you weigh as much as I do. I would think that it would be practically impossible to lose this little on only 800-1000 calories a day.
ascicles

Postby Pashta » March 23rd, 2006, 8:40 am

Are you drinking all of your water? Aren't we supposed to have a glass of water every hour or so? Maybe your L&G isn't quite right, are you adding too much stuff to it, or not weighing the meat maybe? Maybe too much salt, making you retain water?

Everyone has said they have plateaud a little so I wouldn't be too worried, just be careful and make sure to drink the water!

:water:

:mrgreen:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ascicles » March 23rd, 2006, 9:41 am

Pashta wrote:Are you drinking all of your water? Aren't we supposed to have a glass of water every hour or so? Maybe your L&G isn't quite right, are you adding too much stuff to it, or not weighing the meat maybe? Maybe too much salt, making you retain water?

Everyone has said they have plateaud a little so I wouldn't be too worried, just be careful and make sure to drink the water!

:water:

:mrgreen:

I'm drinking 150+ oz. of water a day and weighing all of my food :( I'm just hoping that I start dropping some pounds soon. I don't really use a lot of spices or anything like that. I use some low sodium soy sauce (usually less than a teaspoon) and usually some Walden Farms sauce with my meal.

I'm going to cut out my daily bouillon/snack crackers today to see if that makes a difference. If I remember correctly, the plateau started the day after I started eating the crackers (I've had the bouillon almost everyday since I started).
ascicles

Postby Unca_Tim » March 23rd, 2006, 9:45 am

Hi Ascicles,
Can you give us an example of a typical day.

Meals?
Schedule?
Taking any Meds?
Exercise?
Stress?
Water?
Are you using the 70 products?

If your schedule and everything looks fine, you "may" want to add another shake. Also, are you having strictly mushrooms for your Lean/Green?

Don't worry, we'll get this working for you...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » March 23rd, 2006, 10:20 am

We have other clients that have sporadic weight losses, too. In the overall weeks, their losses are good. This may be your body's pattern.

Weighing daily seems to worry you :felix: so I'd suggest that you stash the scales and drag them out only once a week. I know how hard that is to do but it may help you so you don't worry so much.

I do want to see your meal plan - time you eat and food packet.

The soy sauce and bouillon could affect your weight loss somewhat but remember, the fat is melting away and it could be just the fluids that are currently affected. It will eventually balance itself.

It takes our body three full weeks to adjust to the fat-burning state and to use our stored energy reserves for its first choice for its fuel source.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby ascicles » March 23rd, 2006, 11:15 am

I'm not exactly worried about the lack of weight loss, it's just a bit annoying to only lose 0.5 pounds in an entire week when I'm eating 800 calories. I plan on weighing weekly, but I've been trying to track the plateau because I'm surprised by it at this point.

Anyway, here is my pattern.

Work Days

8:30 - Wake up
9:30 - Hot Cocoa
12:30 - Bar
3:00 - Shake
5:45 - Shake
8:15 - Dinner (almost always 7oz. chicken and 1 1/2 cups of mushrooms + bouillon)
10:30 - Pudding or shake

Off Work

11:00 - Wake up
11:30 - Hot Cocoa
1:30 - Bar
4:00 - Shake
6:15 - Dinner (same as above)
8:30 - Shake
11:00 - Pudding or shake
ascicles

Postby Nancy » March 23rd, 2006, 12:31 pm

ascicles ~

Your meal schedule looks great, I see nothing here that is a :shock: glaring issue.

I know the Medifast nutritionist does not recommend that we dine on a 1.5 cup serving of cooked mushrooms. She says it is best to use them in a salad as a topper but we know of others that prefer to eat them as you are and they are doing fine with their weight loss. ;)

Now :scratchhead: lemme be sure about your preparation here...you are not sautéing them in butter, are you? Just checking…

Our daughter has a wacky weight loss pattern. She will go for 10 – 12 days with no weight loss and then dumps 5 pounds. Weird-o-lah! I don’t know what to say except, keep the faith, it works, your bod just does its own thing and as long as you are getting enough sleep and not over-exercising and your weight comes down over the course of time, we will just have accept that this is ascicles, the great One’s personal weight loss pattern.

Love your ‘tude – it will get you to your goal!
:thumbsup:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss