not LOOSING STILL!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

not LOOSING STILL!

Postby artsyphartsy » August 3rd, 2005, 8:52 pm

I'm going to see my doctor tomrrow to have my thyroid checked. I've done the medifast for 2 1/2 weeks and only lost 7 pounds and i'm SO FRUSTRATED! I can't wait to excercise as my spinal surguries just need to get movie and I've been sluggish after years on pain meds and such but something is not right! I DON'T GET IT! :(

I've tried so many things and even pea protein shakes for breakfast and lunch that were 110 calories...so this has to work but i must not have the KEY!

HELP! :( :x
artsyphartsy

Postby Unca_Tim » August 3rd, 2005, 11:14 pm

Hi Artsy,
Want to give us your schedule and anything else you might think could be affecting you?

Plan
Products
Schedule
Meds
Exercise
Stress
Water
Extras
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Guest » August 4th, 2005, 9:57 am

ok, no meds or excercise...not getting enough water (could that be it?), not stressed, at least 3 shakes a day and suppliments eery 2 1/2 - 3 hours...is this diet that sensative?!

My doctor said even he is on it and that loosing 3-4 pounds a week is good, to not want more and that my body will plateau when it says it's done loosing based on body mass index...so overweight may be the goal but obese is not acceptable....

Postby Tk » August 4th, 2005, 10:05 am

Dear Artsy;
Please give this program time. The 1st 2 weeks I started, I only lost 7 lbs. I have thyroid dieses and am taking synthroid and Cyotomel, I am a slow loser. After the 3rd week I lost 5 lbs and have been doing anywhere from 2 - 4 pds a week (most weeks anyways) Good luck to you and please do not get discouraged. Not all people will lose 5 - 7 pounds per week.
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby aphrael » August 4th, 2005, 10:55 am

Artsy,

You need to be patiant. This program works. You HAVE to drink all you water every day. I was stuck for about 2 weeks when Nancy sujested adding more water, when I started drinking about 10 -12 glasses a day I started losing again. Also don't compair your docotrs weight loss to your own. Aside from the fact everyone gains and losses at different rates, men in general lose ALOT faster than women for some strange reason. Case in point, my husband has lost over 40lbs in about 6 weeks, I have only lost 20. Are you eatting more than 1 bar a day? Any snacks? Those things too can cause a slower wait loss. Keep with it, you can do this.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » August 4th, 2005, 11:33 am

ARTSY--

Like eveyone else said "It takes TIME" this program does work and some of us lose faster than others and some lose more inches than others..All of our bodies are different.. and therefore our loses will be different.. Just hang in there and soon the inches and pounds will start melting away.. We didn't gain it all over night and as much as we would like it "we won't lose it over night".. I had a problem with this very thing at first..I for some reason didn't think I losing fast enough BUT everyone here helped me to realize to take it as it comes and IT WILL COME :mrgreen: maybe not as fast as we want it to but as fast as our bodies will allow us to lose without hurting ourselves in the process..hang in there--I look forward to seeing less of you each week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » August 4th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Great advice from everyone already Artsy.

Artsy wrote:at least 3 shakes a day and suppliments eery 2 1/2 - 3 hours

I'm hoping you didn't mean "only" 3 shakes a day.

This is not a starvation diet, and too little food on any given day will slow or stall your weight loss also.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby want2Bthin » August 4th, 2005, 4:06 pm

Hi Artsy-

I think you are doing terrific! Everyone is different on MF. Take me for example. I have been on MF since March 10th & have lost 50 pounds. I am almost at my 5 month mark. I do not lose as fast as others around here but I am ok with that. Sure, it use to bother me but not anymore. I can not make things go faster by worrying- actually the complete opposite can happen from the stress of worrying so I just have made peace with it & said what will be will be.

I am at a plateau right now also. I have been sitting at it for over 2 weeks. I will be patient & it will pass. It took me 10 years to get to this point so I guess I am just grateful for every little pound that comes off.

Keep smiling! You are on the right track!

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » August 4th, 2005, 4:34 pm

ANGELIA---

I personally think you are doing GREAT!!!!!! that old plateau will be gone before you know it.. Think of all the inches you are losing right now :mrgreen: Keep up the good work and your patience will be rewarded--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby want2Bthin » August 4th, 2005, 4:37 pm

Martha-

THANKS!!! You are so sweet!

Angelia
want2Bthin

Postby suzyq » August 4th, 2005, 6:14 pm

Hi Artsy - 7 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! I am also one of those slow but consistent losers - I average 3 lbs a week, even the first few weeks. Just stick with it! You will feel so much better for doing so!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq

Postby Guest » August 5th, 2005, 8:57 am

Im right there with you! I started on July 1st. So it has been 5 weeks today. I have only lost 9 lbs (actually 7lbs now). I had 2 weeks were I wasn't doing so hot and put back on three of the lbs., now I have lost 2 since then putting me at 7lbs since I started. I am frustrated which just makes me want to eat more. But I am going to stick with it. I don't have any thyroid problems (had all the bloodwork) so it is just my struggling metabolism. But Im not giving up and you don't either!!!

Postby MomsTherapy » August 5th, 2005, 9:00 am

Oops - I didnt' sign in, that was me ^^^
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Still not losing

Postby Jan » August 5th, 2005, 9:10 am

Hey,
What do you mean still not losing. If I've read this correctly 7 pounds are gone!! They've been lost!! Ok I know it's not coming off as fast as you'd like but they are coming off and that's what counts. We all lose at our own pace -- gain at our own pace as a matter of fact too!! I'm a slow loser but have been able to part with 40 pounds and I think that's terrific -- so does my doctor. As long as you are being compliant and the scale is moving -- no matter how slowly -- in the right direction you are making positive progress. Just keep[ going and if I were you I'd stay off the dang scale :x for s while.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby fedup » August 5th, 2005, 9:11 am

Yeah, everyone's said it already, but give it time.... It's tough to do, but it's best to not compare your body to everyone else's progress.... some are faster, some slower... but think about it this way, on any other diet have you ever lost that much in 2 weeks and felt so good while doing it? Probably not. That's actually great progress.. I know it's hard to think that way though...

also, chug that water. For me, water is everything...... When I first did MF last fall (before messing up and not transitioning right!) I lost 30 pounds pretty quickly, I never cheated, ate all my supplements and I drank way MORE water than we even have to. I noticed days my water was lower I stalled...
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Next

Return to Come on in.