Nickieluv

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby sidrah » May 28th, 2009, 2:04 pm

Maybe the simplicity of just the MF meals is what you need now. That'sthe way I am seeing it in my head. You know, the brain cannot tell the difference between sweet and sour, so if you are craving something sweet, eating a pickle will trick your brain. I have no tips about steak tricks, though.

Water can never be a bad thing. Overload is gallons day, but I think you are safe. I don't drink, never have, so sometimes it is hard for me to understand those AA chips simply because alcohol is just so foreign to me, but I do think it is cool to know that you could do something for 30 days, 45 days, a year....whatever it is. So, you have your 5 day chip. Good for you. :mrgreen:
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Karli » May 29th, 2009, 7:08 am

Hey Nicks, just hoping you're rockin' the day already ! Glad you are getting your water in one way or another. Aren't those Momentum infusers yummy ? I like 'em ! Have a great day :).
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby nickieluv » May 29th, 2009, 9:31 am

Yep - totally rockin' today. Down 12.6# according to the scale today - this is really crazy but I love it!! I only had 2 liters of water yesterday, but that's still the recommended 64oz - I just like to be closer to 100oz for the day, so I'll try to get in all three liters today. It works perfectly because you are allowed 3 momentum products, so I put one packet in each time I fill my water bottle and I'm golden. I do have some momentum packets, though, so when I start to use those I'll have to remember to not put the infusers in the water. I have to say, I initially thought it was a waste of money to get the infusers when I could just buy momentum shakes and do the same thing. But it is nice to have just a little bit of flavor in my water and know that it's fine to do. I think when I run out I will have to get some more. Unless I am used to the plain water by then - I could keep them around just in case I need a boost.

Doing great and my mom told me today that she already noticed I am looking smaller. Hooray! Of course the :shock: continues to contribute to happy days and although I'm still cranky, I'm getting lots more sleep and I think I will be on more of an even keel in a day or two.

I can do this. I'm not afraid of staying away from naughty foods until the end of August when we go on vacation. I'm not afraid of totally losing track while I'm on vacation (because I have the safety net of work, which will help me get back on even if I struggle a bit when we get home). I'm not afraid of success!! I can see myself at goal (well, not really exactly see myself, because I can't imagine what I will look like, but I can see myself taking the steps to get there) and I know I'm ready. It's time. Once and for all. And I already plan that I will do a full transition, and keep MF products in the house all the time even in maintenance so that (like Lauren says is easiest for her) if I put back on more than 5 pounds, I can go fully on plan for a week or so and get back where I need to be.

I am still taking it one day at a time - but I am getting more comfortable with the routine. I just have to remember why I'm doing this - for me, for my kids, for my husband - and just for the fun of wearing cuter clothes and being able to walk in heels again. (Yep, the energy is finally kicking in!)
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » May 29th, 2009, 12:09 pm

heh, yeah, 12.6#'s is ROCKIN' it alright !! Congrats :). I remember my very first week on MF I lost 13 pounds ! And 8 the next (I think !). It can be pretty remarkable. I remember how I couldn't *believe* how each morning I had just dropped more weight ! It's a fun experience, and I am glad you are having it :).

Keep doin' it, Nickie ! :)
Karli

Postby Karli » May 30th, 2009, 7:07 am

Hey Nickie, instead of saying "let's keep rockin' it" I am deciding to say "Let's pump up the jam" today ! :-P . Let's pump it up ! hee hee.
Karli

Postby MyComplete180 » May 30th, 2009, 12:46 pm

Dang I need to go away more often you are rocking sister... I laughed at the 30 day, very sweet, you seem to be in a nice groove right now. Keep it up, I can actually type and not fall asleep anymore, so I am back as well.
MyComplete180
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby nickieluv » May 30th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Thanks everybody! Nice to see things picking up again, both personally and on the forums. :D

I have been fine today. I thought I was going to have a L&G but I waited 20 minutes to finish a movie and then wasn't so hungry anymore. So I am 6&0 again today. And I'll be honest - part of me wants the L&G, but part of me doesn't want to risk my weigh-in tomorrow. I know, the plan is 5&1 and that's silly to not eat out of fear of a bad weigh-in. Like it could possibly be bad after the week I've had! But at one point I saw 259 and it was up a little bit today and I really want to be able to change my ticker into the 250s tomorrow morning. Anyway, I might have a L&G tomorrow but I still have some fear of it setting me off as well, especially since my husband is on overtime now so my time with the kids is longer every day, and that means more time to justify ordering pizza. And, after a week on plan and a huge loss, my mind just automatically tries to justify a treat. So I am trying to focus on just one day at a time. Biki told me once that I can tell myself 'not today' and say that I can have anything I want tomorrow - just 'not today.' So I might be doing that a bit more this week.

I'm glad I'm thinking ahead a little bit to strategy because it is just like me to get overconfident and then go on a total bender. I had the thought today that with roll call on Sundays, I could conceivably go to church every week and be lighter than I was the week before. That's a nice motivator, too.

Well, today will be fine - despite being a bit extra hungry. If I still feel the same tomorrow, I probably will attempt a L&G. It depends on how strong I feel to handle the coming week. See you all at roll call.
nickieluv

Postby Karli » May 30th, 2009, 4:13 pm

Nickie, I very much relate to the whole idea of thinking about deserving the kind of treat that is NOT sticking to plan ... though, really, sticking to plan IS actually a real kind of treat in comparison with feeling absolutely gross and disgusting when I go off !! That's actually one reason I am staying away from the scale.

Anyway, just keep doing what you need to be doing. Do whatever under the sun works for you to keep yourself going in the right direction :). It's very motivating to have people around here doing the plan, too. We can really help each other :).
Karli

Postby nickieluv » May 30th, 2009, 4:38 pm

Well I slipped an eensy bit. I had probably 3oz of sliced deli ham, 2/3 of a slice of cheese, and 2 pieces of popcorn. There was some kind of dressing on the ham/cheese because I stole it from a restaurant sandwich my husband was eating. Very salty. Chugging extra water as we speak. I tried to go on ahead and have my last supplement (more or less), but I foolishly ate a free sample protein bar I was sent that had no nutritional info so who knows if it was low carb - I remembered too late that 'protein bar' does not mean low carb and it tasted much too much like candy. I should have stopped after that first bite but.... I can only hope there weren't like 50 carbs in the darn thing.

But I feel satiated now, I will drink water the rest of the night and get a good night's sleep and whatever the scale says tomorrow will be tons better than what it said last week.

Perhaps not coincidentally, I only had one shake today - the rest bars and non-soy drinks. Whatever I may think I am craving, I'm pretty sure this means that if I am dedicated to a 6&0 day I need to stick to the shakes. Which is what I'd been doing, but I got a bit bored with vanilla (as we all know) and avoided shakes almost altogether today in a rebound-type state.

At any rate, I've had a good jump start, and I might try more 5&1 days this week. Maybe do an every-other-day kind of schedule with that. It was wonderful for me to stay on track this week and not have to worry about real food, and maybe this whole hunger thing is just mental today, so we'll see - I will take tomorrow as it comes and just make the right decisions to stay on plan! And drink more shakes (since I have them).
nickieluv

Postby oksoonergirl26 » May 31st, 2009, 9:35 am

Way to go Nikki! You are kicking some serious MF booty! I haven't been on here hardly at all this week and I am so sad that I missed your victories. I was cracking up about your tummy issues. My husband promised me that after we have a baby, he will pay for a lift and a tummy tuck. I had a C-section at 19 and there were some complications and not all of my muscles were re-attached. Add that to the 80 pound weight gain (from Toxemia and gestational diabetes) and my whole stomach area is a complete and total mess! I want someone to come up with a way to eradicate stretch marks and then I can wear a bikini! I almost always wear a girdle or a pair of Spanx with my clothes b/c now that I have started losing, it is getting worse, not better...but I am dealing with it. I am glad that you and your husband are reconnecting on a much more intimate level-it makes for a much more pleasing marriage when both the emotional and physical relationships are healthy, kudos to you! So, if you want another size 16 swimsuit-I have a MiracleSuit that my mom bought me last year that has never been worn and I managed to jump that swimsuit size, so it's just sitting in my drawer. PM me your address and I will put it in the mail for you! If you don't mind.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby nickieluv » May 31st, 2009, 10:18 am

Thank you, that's so sweet Sooner!

My tummy wasn't that much different after baby #1 - I only gained 15 pounds and I was already so big that my stomach didn't stretch much more at all. But with this baby, I had lost almost 70# when I conceived and I gained back 45 with the pregnancy - so now my tummy above the waist is completely jiggly and stretched out and so gross! Thanks for taking away all hope that it might firm up as I lose weight, by the way. :-P

So happy about my weight today. And I did not wake up thirsty and ravenous so my slip last night must not have been too awful. I did flirt with the idea of an off-plan meal today or tomorrow - but I know I'm just kidding myself. It would be totally an off-plan day, or two days, or a week. So just in case I am saying that I can have an off-plan meal when I've been on for four weeks. (Hoping that deferring the food will make it easier to resist when that time comes - and honestly, I'll probably just keep deferring myself all the way to Disney.)

Happy Sunday all - enjoy it!
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » June 1st, 2009, 7:02 am

Fighting my brain big-time today. "Order pizza, you're eating so few calories one day won't hurt, you know you want to, you'll still lose weight, you are the exception to every rule about calories in/calories out."

So insidious. It helps that I have zero funds to do this with - otherwise I might have caved. But I am fighting it. Calmly fighting it - letting time pass until I can have another supplement, until the demons pass. Because they will. In another hour or two I will be fine. It's just because I'm alone with the girls and it's Monday and I've been on the diet for 8 days now and these are all triggers to make me think I need a break.

But I will feel so much better making progress this week, true progress, and not just 'getting away with' eating something off-plan. There is time for all these foods one day, in moderation, if I can ever learn how to really do that. And when I think about it objectively, I don't really want to eat a bunch of greasy food that is going to bloat me up, hurt my digestion, and make me sick.
nickieluv

Postby Karli » June 1st, 2009, 7:20 am

Hey Nickie ! Yeah, you don't need pizza :). You don't need it to survive, you don't need it to be happy, it's just not actually a fundamental part of your day ! Those cravings WILL pass, if you let them :). Great job warding them off ! Fill your head with something that is fun to think about but isn't destructive, because pizza-monster thoughts actually ARE destructive when put in the context of your life right now, and context matters (another mantra about life, born of thoughts regarding music) !! You are way strong enough to do it, and caving doesn't need to be who you are !

You've had a wonderful 8 days, let's keep it going ... it's fun ! :) Have a great day with the girls and with your own self, too :).
Karli

Postby DogMa » June 1st, 2009, 7:49 am

And if you fend off those feelings long enough, pizza WILL kinda make you sick. These days I stay away from it, except for this fat-free pizza I get online. The regular stuff is almost always too doughy, too greasy and too acidic.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby nickieluv » June 1st, 2009, 8:04 am

Thanks Karli and Robin. I was so close to ordering. Despite my assurances earlier. This is a hard habit to break - this 'entitlement' after a few days on plan. I wish I knew exactly how many days I have to stay strong before the feeling goes away. Maybe just today. Let's hope. It is hard!
nickieluv

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal