Newbie just ordered

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie just ordered

Postby tasha » October 16th, 2007, 9:57 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Tasha and i'm very new at actually posting. I mostly read everyone else's progress, problems, and success. Its my first time having people read about me. Well here's a brief history about me. I'm 26, 5'4, 208 lbs soon to be 150 or less. I have been struggling with my weight since for many years. I have tried pretty much everything and lost, but gained, and lost some more and gained some. About 4 yrs ago i had a gall bladder attack for the first time in life. In a 2 week period i lost a lost of weight and that was the start of my real weight loss journey. I was diagnosed with having gallstones, but if made changes in my diet that i can live with them without having to have any surgery or medication, so far that has been true and i've kept up with staying away from things that will cause an attack. My heavyest before i was diagnosed was 263 and after that i lost and lost and got down to a steady 230ish. Over the past year i have gotten down to my lowest of 196 and it seems that i cant get past that. So here i am today at 208 lbs.

I know that i need to retrain the way i look and think about food. i'm working on that and i'm hoping that i can overcome this battle with food and my weight. i'm ready, i have been ready for so long. i've been lurking around here watching other people's success and i'd like to have some before and after pics up here and have my success story read by others in my shoes.

Well i think I've bored you enough with my life. I'm ready and I need a lot of support to help me through this. I will be posting more often and i will start a journal so that you can watch my progress and critic me. Thanks for listening..... :D

p.s i should be getting my order in a few days. I will start posting on my first day. See you later
tasha

Postby rodeomom » October 16th, 2007, 10:45 am

Congratulations for making such a huge life changeing decision! While I am sure you will have both good and bad days in the months ahead, you will find that in general MF is easy to follow if you let it be.

Since you have gall bladder problems be sure that you get the right amount of fat in your daily plan. Some people think that with fat none is better than anything. That is not true. I am sure you know that the gall bladder has to have fat to function properly. Follow the plan and don't try to skip or skimp on anything.

You made the right choice and I am sure you will find much support here on MMT.

Welcome!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby aquarianskye » October 16th, 2007, 1:08 pm

Welcome to the board. Rodeo is right...keep coming back and get the support you need!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby bikipatra » October 16th, 2007, 1:15 pm

Welcome!!! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby tasha » October 16th, 2007, 7:08 pm

Thanks for your support and yes I do get my daily amount of good fats in. Fortunately my gall bladder functions very well, so i'm happy about that part. Thanks for the support so far... :D
tasha

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 16th, 2007, 7:08 pm

Welcome, Tasha! You're going to love it here and love MF!! Best of luck to you! I look forward to getting to know you!!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.