IT'S NEW YEAR'S EVE... WHAT ARE YOUUUUU EATING??????

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

IT'S NEW YEAR'S EVE... WHAT ARE YOUUUUU EATING??????

Postby THINKTHIN » December 31st, 2004, 7:56 pm

I have taken it upon myself to stay at home tonight.... I did not buy any liquor, snacks, or foo foo stuff either. I am enjoying my medifast shake and the kiddos are watching tv all nestled in their beds. This is definately a different "bringin in the New Year"!!!

I guess I figured that if i don't go out, I will not be tempted! So, far so, good! I would love a nice warm batch of buttered popcorn I was going to eat another bar, but I know only one a day....

Anyways, just wanted to stay out of the kitchen tonight... have a great New Year!!!
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karen » January 1st, 2005, 6:53 am

Ever since the kids were little (now 28-16), New Year's Eve has always been spent at home. We set up tables and have several different games going at once. Lots of sumptuous finger food snackie stuff to eat. Last night was not much different. All the kids came home, we played all kinds of games, board games, cards, etc and had lots of finger foods to eat. But last night, the food was a vegatable tray, shrimp, chips and salsa (I can easily pass that up) and diet gingerale. There was just as much fun and merriement as in years past when the table was laden with bbq chicken wings, meatballs, sausage balls, fudge, cookies, candies. No one commented on the healthier food choices and no one seemed to miss anything. Best of all, I am down another pound this am. 2005 is going to be the year I accomplish what I have vowed to do every New Years day for over 20 years!!
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » January 1st, 2005, 7:15 am

Happy New Year All!!
We went out for the evening last nght with friends and our daughter whom is 26.
There was a buffet with prime rib and crab legs and of course all
the other goodies, but I passed on them and had a small piece of prime
rib and some crab minus the dipping butter and a small sip of champagne
at midnight and danced the night away!
I find the longer I go along the easier it is to even think about eating some
no- no item. I think about all the progress I made and how eating that
one thing could really add the pounds and it just isn't worth it to me anymore!!
Thinkthin and Karen, Great job on making the holiday more about enjoyment and fun and less about the menu!
That is something I think we as foodaholics always have to deal with and
revamp the way we did things in the past. You both started your New Year
off with a positive attitude and NO guilty feelings!!
Here's to 2005 as the year we all meet our goals!!
God Bless,
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

YEAH!

Postby THINKTHIN » January 1st, 2005, 8:26 am

I'm so glad I wasn't alone...! It was very hard staying at home. I am 26 and have two small children. Sometimes, I feel I have replaced my mother's shoes. She went out and had a ball, and I ended up falling asleep at 11:30pm. Bummer... I really wanted to watch the ball drop. I woke up at 12:30am with all the after commotion on the news. I felt deprived! :mrgreen: Why couldn't I have atleast stayed up 30 more minutes????? Oh, well, next year, right? No, wait a minute... next year I will be partying in the streets in a new size 5!!! Yeah, that sounds more like it!

Not nibbling on anything forbidden last night was actually a great accomplishment. I am feeling quite good about that choice. I am looking forward to weigh in tomorrow morning. I hope my scale is happier with me. I have been stepping on it everyday.... Poor thing! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Prime rib and crab???????? Nice... and within limits, too, eh? Great job!
I have some jumbo shrimp thawed out in the fridge. I am making a shrimp salad with veggies today. I think I will eat it for lunch instead of waiting for dinner :D

Well, my fellow losers, keep up the good work! Can't wait to see how we all did tomorrow!

~Think thin, and watch your din din!!!

Tiesha~
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » January 1st, 2005, 3:07 pm

Think Thin ~

You are not only thinking thin but you are being thin! Good choices = good results!

We spent the evening with our daughter, son-in-law and best friends. We played Nertz (a fast card game similar to Solitaire but played with multiple decks) and Spinner (a table game similar to dominos). We had a wonderful potluck meal - mostly healthy food choices and some that weight maintainers can choose to eat on an occasional basis ;) if you get my drift...we had pie, pralines and pulled pork. We had about 4 ounces of sparkling cranberry apple cider at midnight and toasted one another to a year of health, happiness and renewed hope for you, our MakeMeThinner Family!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss