I am new to the Medifast , I would like to start but unsure

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I am new to the Medifast , I would like to start but unsure

Postby LaureenV828 » March 3rd, 2005, 4:24 pm

Hi My Name is Laureen , I am 5'6 and I weigh 245 lbs.
I am 27 years old and have tried every diet known to man ,
Atkins,Eat to live,Dr.Phil and Slim Fast just to name a few.

I am getting very frustrated and very depressed about my weight i used to weigh 130 lbs. in 12th grade and i ate what ever i wanted to , i seen my doctor and had all the blood tests done to figure out why i was not loosing the weight and all the tests were fine , I have came across the medifast site and i would love to try it but i am very skepitical it is very $$$ and its a very big change to do all liquids , I need to loose at least 100lbs i cant go through another summer with sore feet and a aching body .
If any one can help me decide if this is right for me and shine some inspiration on me that would be great i read alot of the threads and every one seems so very nice here .

Any help would be great .
Please email me if you like at <snip>no emails - Mr. Snippy</snip>
I live in michigan so any one from michigan is also welcome i am need a pal right about now .

Thank you all and GOD BLESS !

<comment>To email someone, click thier email button - UT</comment>

Laureen
LaureenV828
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby kassilou » March 3rd, 2005, 4:40 pm

Hi, Laureen. I am in Michigan, and let me tell ya, you have come to the right place if you really want to lose the weight. I started Feb. 1st, and I have lost 23# so far. Woo hoo!! I, too, have tried diet after diet and this is the ONLY one I have ever been on that has not driven me absolutely crazy! It is the only one in 20-some years that I have been able to really do.

Expensive? Yes. But I am not spending $$ on eating out or picking up all the snacks like I used to, either. You can get a discount on the first month (Nancy can explain how all that works), and if you like it there is an autoship program that offers a discount also.

This board is a great place to learn about how others are doing this program, and to share your victories and struggles. We are all in the same boat, so we know what you are going through.

Have you talked to your doctor about doing this program? If you were to go full fast, you are supposed to be supervised by a physician. There are a couple of books you could read, too. One is "My Big Fat Greek Diet", written by a doctor who weighed over 400# and who went on a liquid diet. The other is "Success in a Shaker Jar", which more fully explains the MF diet. I'm currently reading "Life is Hard, Food is Easy". Also good.

Keep reading. Talk to your doctor. Good luck! :mrgreen:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 3rd, 2005, 4:50 pm

Lauren, first off, you might want to edit out your email address. If you don't, the webmaster (Unca Tim) will anyway. If you are registered here people can reach you through the Private Message function.

Now: I am twenty years older than you are, and started this on January 3 about 25 pounds heavier than you are. I am now 10 pounds lighter than you are. It works, and it's worth the money. I guarantee to you that I wish with all my heart I had had this program when I was 27 years old. What a difference it would have made in my life.

Plus, there's more than just liquids. There are soups, bars, oatmeal, pudding, and crackers (as a snack, that last). I don't think the main website has caught up with this protocol change yet, but last month Nancy announced that there has indeed been a change: where you used to have to have three of your MediMeals be a shake, now they can be any of the meal replacement products. And there's a whole forum here, called Lean Cuisine, dedicated to things like how to make legal oatmeal cookies from the oatmeal, or frozen desserts out of the shakes, etc.

And you can do the 5 and 1 plan, which means that 5 of your meals are MediFast, and one meal is a "lean and green," meaning 4-5 ounces of lean protein and a green salad or veggie. That's what I'm doing.

Expensive? You can't afford NOT to do this. You have your whole life ahead of you -- don't live it fat. Try it for one month. Call Nancy and get whatever special they have going to lower the initial cost. You can do anything for a month, can't you? If it doesn't work for you (but it will, if you stay true to it), then you don't have to order a second month's supplies (but you will, if you've been true to the program, because you will be thrilled by what happens).

Do it. Oh lord, to be 27 again and be able to do it myself. DO IT!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 3rd, 2005, 7:34 pm

Laureen...You have gotten excellant advice from both Kassilou and 24K...I encourage you to give it a try...The hunger pains of food withdrawal (which is very temporary) is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING in comparison to the pains of living life overweight. Trust me when I say...I couldn't imagine meeting another person that had tried as many diets, diet pills, obsessed 24/7 over weight, etc. etc. and if I only had 1/4 of the money I wasted (not to mention the time and energy)
trying to lose weight only to regain it plus more...I could have paid for my childrens private education and then some! However, I understand your concern...and it does seem expensive....but not as expensive as a few stops to fast food places....and let me tell you...if you follow this the lbs. will be melting away. I've never seen anything work this good!!!!!!
I hope you decide to join and anytime you need to talk come here.
May God give you the strength for this wonderful journey.

Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cthrn007 » March 3rd, 2005, 8:22 pm

Dernit! Everyone on here beat me to it!!

Hi Laureen! :wave:

I agree with everyone so far and they have all said what I would!

I did a little xeperiment because I was thinking this cost way too much for me. I use on-line banking so I went back and added up everything I used that was diet related for the past three months so I could see what I would be truly out for three months of MF: food and adult beverages, eating out with friends and clients, snacks, diet pills, protein shakes, protein bars, exercise and diet books & magazines & exercise classes (not needed). I think you get the drift... I am not spending any more that I already do - in fact for me I was saving a little money!

Medifast works and will prove it if you give it two weeks - truly stick to it for two weeks. Try what Kassilou and 24K said and go through Nancy - she will help you do this the most cost effective way possible!!

We are all here for you and are looking forward to hearing your thoughts!!

You can do this!!!

~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Re: I am new to the Medifast , I would like to start but uns

Postby Spunky » March 3rd, 2005, 8:45 pm

Howdy Laureen ,

Welcome to a great support club. Try it, there is so much variety in the shakes, bars, soups, and more. I have only been here a week and I have lost 8 pounds so far.

Within a short amount of time you will see wonderful results when you are ready to commit to yourself for a new healthier you. We are here with you. Enjoy the journey.
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby monkeymom » March 4th, 2005, 12:28 am

Hi Laureen,

Well everyone has already given you great advice, and all of it 100% on the money!

I was worried also about the cost......I'm a singel mom with 4 kids, 2 of which are in college as well as myself being in college........total household income of less than $4,000 a month.........might sound like a lot, but in Southern Calif, rent is more than half of that.....I say this because I want you to realize that I didn't take this decision lightly at all. But I took the chance and ordered a 1 month starter kit (which I got for the cost of 3 weeks of MF product, this promotion is available now also). After the first week, I put in another order for about 5 more weeks of MF grub. Not only did I drop weight, I think 8 pounds the first week, I felt so much better even in the first week. I was determined that nothing (including finances) was going to get in my way of continuing this plan.

As everyone else said, start thinking about what you spend at the drive-throughs, for the candy bar you grab at the gas station, etc. , and you will be surprised how much you are already spending on "eating".

I'm with 24K all the way! I am 15 years older than you, and oh how I wish I had done this when I was 27...........heck, 24 for that matter. I hope you can find a way to make it work for you, I know you will be thrilled when you do get started.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LaureenV828 » March 4th, 2005, 2:11 pm

:D
Thank you all so much for all the info , I will let you know my progress as time goes on and post some pics of me but you all or so helpful thank's again .

P.S. I would also like to know how much does an average person loose using medifast , i would like to start on all shakes the first 2 months and then incorporate the 5+1 into my diet .

I want to see how much i will loose in the first months .

Let me know your thoughts .
Laureen
:lol:
LaureenV828
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby THINKTHIN » March 4th, 2005, 2:55 pm

hi lauren!

i was born and raised in michigan, and now i am in the military away from home :cry: ... i am also 27 years old. I am 5'2" and I weigh 175lbs. I must get down to 149lbs by the end of april, or there will be a price to pay... yikes :hmmm: ! So, i am right there with you and the rest of this wonderful group! I wish you well, and you've come to the right place for advice/support!

happy losing~

~tiesha
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » March 9th, 2005, 8:35 am

Laureen ~
I hope that you made the decision to go for it! Take Shape For Life can get you to a healthy weight with all 24 essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids and you'll feel great as well as look great.

It is hard to really say how much weight a person will lose in a week or a month. There are just so many factors that affect weight loss.

All I can say is that with Medifast products, people that follow the Program, have the best and fastest results of any weight loss program. It's like the Fat Fairy leaves you alone when you have a shake in your hand!

The typical results for weight loss for women is 2-4 pounds per week when they do not cheat...most of a person's success lies in their own hands and mouth - if you grab the good Medifast and put it in your mouth, you become a big loser; you grab the wrong stuff and put it in your mouth, you slow your weight loss progress, hunger and cravings return and your weight gets wonky again.

Hope you shake it up with us here!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.