About to start Medifast program

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

About to start Medifast program

Postby ready2change » July 8th, 2004, 4:30 pm

I want to introduce myself to start the accountability that I will need to keep going. I am a successful professional woman with a family history of diabetes, PCOS, and large middles! I also seem to have ADD which may be part of why I forget I am on a diet after about three days. At this point, I have had some success with weight watchers, carb-addict, Atkins, zone etc but have gained it all back each time.
My husband is so concerned that at age 48 I am at risk for diabetes and heart disease, in addition to daily aches from arthritis, etc. He wants to see me healthy and happy and I want that also. I am afraid that I will not keep up the program but between the radical nature of the meal replacements and the accountability, I want to make this a permanent lifestyle/eating change this time. Thank you all for your postings and encouraging reports. :)
Asking God to help me make changes that will help me to serve Him and others.
Start:07/13/2004
(164 highest)157/144/124
ready2change

Postby Echo » July 8th, 2004, 7:07 pm

Your name says it all, you are ready for a change, and being ready for it will help you stay on track. Use us! Check in with us every day, even if you don't post. Know that we are all in this together and are here for you if you need help. You can do this!
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » July 8th, 2004, 10:33 pm

Welcome to the forum!! Weight loss can only improve your health conditions and possibly head off problems in the future. There are a couple of us with PCOS and quite a few more with the insulin resistance/pre diabetes (and the stubborn tummy fat that goes with it :? ). Many here also have family history of diabetes, hypertension, etc and we are trying to head problems off at the pass.

I think you will like it here!
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » July 8th, 2004, 11:40 pm

Hi ready2change!

I'm like almost all here, who, like you, have tried so many other diets and have been successful only to gain it back in time. Been there - done that. :uhuh: This diet FEELS different. For one, it comes off quicker than anything else I've ever tried, and two, I don't feel as deprived. This is why I believe it's going to be a success for me. I just started a little over a month ago, and feel so good about myself for doing it. The shakes aren't bad in my opinion. As a matter of fact, I like them a lot. Drinking a chocolate shake doesn't make me feel like I'm on a diet. But it certainly is working for me, and I hope you'll feel the same happy results. This forum is just the best place to express your feelings. Glad you've joined! :hug:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » July 9th, 2004, 3:33 pm

Good Summer's Day, Ready2change ~

You are off to a great start - your name and your commitment to improved health say it all. Keep your focus on your goal and we know that you can get there!

Shake on!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.