New Products

Postby Nancy » June 1st, 2008, 8:10 pm

Huh? :whattha:

NEW stuff?

Yup! :coolnana:

:huh: What is it?

Can't tell ya, yet...

Stay posted.... :puter:

...some juicy new stuff is on its whey later this month...

:mrgreen:

Later?

Yup....it'll be available mid-month....

I'll tell ya more about it later.... :puterboos:

:felix:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re: New Products

Postby Mike » June 1st, 2008, 11:00 pm

Nancy wrote:[size=18]
..some juicy new stuff is on its whey later this month...

You are too punny Nancy.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » June 2nd, 2008, 7:23 am

Thanks, pun and fun intended...

I have been :felix: waiting with :whoohoo: eager anticipation to announce the new products for a long, long time.

We were in hopes they would be available last fall but there was a world-wide shortage of whey and we had to wait until everything was in place.

Folks, the new items taste great, too. :beerbeer:

Now that I made the announcement, may I say that the new whey shakes with antioxidants have a texture similar to a combination of the Cranberry Mango Fruit Drink or the Medifast Iced Tea mixed with a regular shake - not quite as thick as a regular 55/70 powdered shake but more opaque than CranMan or Iced Tea.

To mix the whey-based AntiOxidant Medifast shakes, the package directions suggest using 6-8 ounces of water.

When I prepare a regular 55/70 shake or a Chai, Cappuccino or CranMan, I typically use 10 ounces of water; I prepared the Cherry-Pomegranate AntiOxidant shake in the same manner. I really like the cherry-ish flavor. You can vary the taste and consistency by adjusting the amount of water you use.

I was interested in tasting a fizzy version of the new whey shakes but didn't have any diet Sprite or diet 7-Up on hand. I filled my glass with 6 ounces of San Pellegrino (it is a sparkly fizzy water with no cals/no carbs, has a bit of a citrus essence) then added a packet of the new Cherry-Pomegranate shake mix.

I slowly stirred it to dissolve the shake mix. It fluffed up rather nicely; then I slowly added a couple more ounces of S. Pellegrino. It is a refreshing drink with a foamy pink head and a nicely tart cherry juice on the bottom half of the glass.

I'd say the taste of the Cherry-Pomegranate is semi-tart.

Last fall I had the Blueberry whey-based Medifast shake when I attended the TSFL Board Meeting. Since I like the taste of the Medifast Blueberry flavor Oatmeal, I thoroughly enjoyed the new Blueberry whey-shake, too.

It has been 10 months since the new Blueberry whey-based shake danced across my tongue, I cannot recall exactly how it tasted in terms of sweetness-tartness but I did like it. I have not had the Dark Choc flavor yet...I imagine I will like it, too.

By varying the amount of water for preparation, the texture will change.

Once you've tried them, let us know what your tastebuds have to say!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mike » June 2nd, 2008, 12:10 pm

We tried the Blueberry and I loved it.
We also received the antioxidant infuser White Grape Peach. Haven't had it yet, but sounds tasty.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to A Message from your Hosts