Has anybody tried these new MF products?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Has anybody tried these new MF products?

Postby BerkshireGrl » November 8th, 2004, 6:25 pm

At least I think they're new :) First time I've seen them on the TSFL page. I'm going to be placing an order tomorrow for a big ol' bunch of food, and thought I'd solicit your opinions on:

* Chai Latte?
* Banana Cream Pudding?

And on the not-new but untried by me:

* Homestyle Chili - would you choose to eat this if you had another soup, or is it really blech?

And what's your top favorite Soup? Bar? Shake? Oatmeal? Drink?

Thanks for all your "feed"back! :mrgreen:

I'm excited about getting some NEW tastes going on here... mmmMMM!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Sylvia » November 8th, 2004, 7:53 pm

I haven't tried either of the new products. Just saw the banana pudding and it looks interesting so I might give it a try but would be interested to see what others think of it - I'll bet Nancy has had it!

As far as the soups, I think the chicken and rice is by far the best - really excellent and something I might continue to eat after MF. The chicken noodle is OK too - it took a while for me to get it to cook so the noodles and chicken were soft, but once I got the hang of it, it was pretty good. I think the chili is pretty bad. Others have spiced it up and seem to like it but it is really bland and watery. I didn't think it was worth the effort to try to improve it. I really don't like the tomato, cream of brocolli or cream of chicken either.

I really do like the oatmeals. I think they're all good but I like the apple cinnamon the best. A little bitter so you should use a packet of splenda with it but it's good and filling.

I love the chocolate pudding but I actually buy the FIT for kids kind. It is virtually identical to the adult product (I think it has a bit more potassium or something) but for some reason, is much thicker and easier to get to the right consistency.

My favorite bar is the new caramel nut one followed by oatmeal raisin. The peanut butter is also pretty good as is the chocolate mint (kind of like a Girl Scout thin mint cookie). The chocolate is just OK. I thought the S'mores one was pretty bad as was the berry one I tried.

I think that's all of the products I've tried. Hope this helps some.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 8th, 2004, 10:47 pm

Banana Puddin' :yay: :yay:

Chili :nana: see some of my comments about it from other posts

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1668&highlight=chili

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1647&highlight=chili

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1446&highlight=chili

Chai Latte?
:huh:

Do ya mean from the Lean Cuisine? Lois :heart: it.
Leopard Woman likes it all right. :thumbsup:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 9th, 2004, 1:20 am

Haven't tried the new items you mentioned.

Chili was blech alone. Loved it when I added extra water, beef bouillon cubes, & salsa. All of the soups are likeable to me now that I've learned how to spice them up (thanks Lean Cuisine section of this forum)

Top favorite soup: Chicken noodle (jazzed up w/2 cubes bouillon, extra cup water & salsa)

Bar: oatmeal raisin & chocholate mint then in second place love the rest of them equally

Shake: Dutch Chocolate MF 55

Oatmeal: Vanilla Berry runs neck and neck with Apple Cinnamon

Drink: Sugar-Free Caramel Iced Coffee (recipe in Lean Cuisine section)

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby fedup » November 10th, 2004, 11:43 am

There are still a lot of things I haven't tried, but my fav's are: chicken noodle soup, caramel nut bars and choc. divine bars, dutch chocolate shake. I like the chicken and rice soup, I just have to pick out the little dehydrated mushrooms before I make it cause I don't like mushrooms at all. I also like the fruit and nut granola, but not too fond of the choc. chip granola bars. The peanut butter bars are good too, very similar to the caramel nut. The choc. divine bars grew on me. At first thought kind of bland, but after the 2nd I loved them. Never had the chilli, want to try it but was worried about the comments I've heard. Everyone likes different things though! (I absolutely hate the oatmeal, the consistency was horrible for me. But some people love it!) There's lots of great products to choose from, so pick the ones that work for you! (I actually traded my oatmeal for some shakes with someone here on the forum, so if you "hate" something there's hope out there still!)
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Chocolate Divine bars...

Postby gr8views » November 10th, 2004, 11:52 am

What are chocolate divine bars? I hesitate to order them 'cause I'm not sure what they are...

People's tastes do differ a lot. Personally, I like the S'mores granola bars with chocolate chips in them. :) The Caramel Nut bars were on backorder when I ordered them. I'm looking forward to trying those!

I do want to try the chili. Saw a recipe in lean cuisine for Taco Salad. Well, you know, as a New Mexican, I've just got to try that! I've been making the chicken and rice soup over and over, doctored up like the Chicken Tortilla Soup on the lean cuisine page as well. Some salsa, an extra cup of water, chipotle chili powder and some bouillon. Love It!! :chef:

Everyone seems to find ways to alter the MF food to their taste. For me, LOVE THE HOT STUFF! Also love chocolate. The crackers get me through the day, knowing that I can have one pack with soup around dinner time. On days I'm really hungry (which has been the last two), I've added a snack I think is OK. 3 stalks of celery and chipotle salsa address my craving for crunch and spicy. Rob (mi esposo) thinks I'm nuts! To him celery is tasteless so why eat it. Me, I love the fiber, the crunch and the fact that it makes a great scoop for salsa! (Don't worry... Not too much. 3 stalks and a tbsp of salsa works well for me!)

My two cents... :D

Di
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » November 10th, 2004, 4:46 pm

I personally really like the chili, but I use a little less water and add a
a few shakes of chili powder.
I LOVE the Vanilla Berry Oatmeal YUMMY!
I don't like the Chocolate Divine bars at all,but have enjpyed the rest especially the smores.
I tried the Chicken and rice soup today for the first time and added 2
teaspoons of mild salsa and it was excellent.
Got my new month's shipment yesterday and am looking forward
to trying the banana pudding!
I am also looking forward to trying the Root Beer Float recipe on the
Lean Cuisine board.
I think everything so far has been pretty good,especially when you can experiment and add some healthy add ins.
I had a pack of the MF crackers today with my soup and it was very good.
Everyone tastes are different,but I think you can tweak these meals to appease your tastebuds for the long term.
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » November 10th, 2004, 10:21 pm

Chocolate Divine Bars are well...they are VERY chocolatey. Killer chocolate. ;)

Deep dark chocolate with teensy bits of nuts, wrapped with a chocolate coating. They are divine with a cup of coffee...

I :heart: them. Ya gotta have a :water: glass of water handy if you're not a coffee slurper like moi...they are so rich...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby fedup » November 11th, 2004, 8:01 am

Nancy summed it up about the question of what chocolate divine bars were... They are, indeed, DIVINE! I have mine with hot tea, and a big glass of water. They are very rich, and make me feel like I'm having a special dessert. The chocolate tastes great, not like "diet chocolate". My first time eating it I liked it, but my 2nd time I just loved it, and it's been love ever since! Those tiny nuts in them give it great texture... kinda like a fudge or a truffle! And gr8views, when those caramel nut bars come in your gonna be in for a treat too!
Christy 5'5" age-34
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » November 11th, 2004, 8:59 pm

I had my first Fruit and Nut Garnola bar today

Let me say YUMMY!!!!!!!!! :)
Wow was it good!!!

This evening as has become my custom,as it has gotten colder I had my MF cocoa with mini marshmallows. What a lovely way to end the evening.
I am SO impressed by the quality of taste and variety with MF.
When I was on it in 2002 there were not anywhere as many choices,
as well as great flavors.

Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Postby Nancy » November 11th, 2004, 10:47 pm

Yep, it seems as if we have had a lot of wonderful new products lately. Gosh, when I started there were not very many options.

We just love almost all of the products and there is something that nearly every person can use. Kids really like the Fit! bars and shakes. It sure is handy being able to order our Medigroceries and having them delivered to our front door!

I like the MF Salad Dressings.

Here's a sick one for you. The other day our refer was totally bare except for condiments, bottles of water and Unca's private reserve potato salad...I really wanted salad but alas, I had been lazy (and poor) and hadn't gotten any fresh veggies. So I mixed up some Medifast Creamy Italian Salad Dressing, allowed it to stand for a while so the flavors would develop. Meanwhile I dug around in the freezer and found some artichoke hearts. I nuked 'em right in the little bag, dumped them into a bowl and poured the MF salad dressing on them. Ahh...they were good! I like the dressing so much that later that day, I mixed up another packet and drank it...right out of the mixing cup... :oops:

Folks, don't try this at home until you get to maintenance!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby fedup » November 18th, 2004, 5:46 am

Just a little late entry... I tried the chilli a few days ago and really liked it. I wasted 1 pack 'cause I cooked it wrong, (added too much water). When I made it right I did the taco salad thing I saw in the recipes. Ate my crackers and some lettuce in it. Yum! Made me feel like I was getting mexican food.
Christy 5'5" age-34
fedup
Trusted Member

Puddin!

Postby Guest » November 23rd, 2004, 1:35 pm

Hi all,
I have now tried the banana pudding. every day for a week!
Needless to say I find it YUMMY! When I finish the banana pudding "binge" I may alternate the banana and chocolate as my bedtime "snack". But then maybe not. I seem to tend to have lots and lots of one item, and then suddenly I have had enough and have another favorite. Before it was chocolate pudding and chicken and wild rice soup.

Donna

OOPS, that was me!

Postby sudaoning » November 23rd, 2004, 1:55 pm

Been absent so long I had to apply for re-admission!

My house has been in relative turmoil with the moving home of my eldest son and the frequent extended visits of his girlfriend and her children from another state. Admittedly my longing for lost quiet moments is tending to turn to resentment quickly followed by guilt! This house just is not large enough for that large crowd. AND I work at home and have a home schooler. Just too much!
I have been able to catch up on reading some posts occasionally.
Still faithful to my program. Have tended to be more 5/1 than complete since the addition of my son to the household.
Weight loss has been slow. Almost excruciatingly so. Last week had double shakes for breakfast, at the advise of others, hoping to jolt the metabosism into motion. Back to a normal program this week, but no scale movement yet. I have been experiencing frequent hunger and some desire to eat things that had not tempted me in a while. Maybe because of the changes last week? Anyway, I am trying to just add another product when I find myself hungry more often than usual.
Not feeling fear about the impending festival of overindulgence this week. Think I will be ok, as I am sure you all will be!
Lots of new voices here.
Some older ones absent.
Good to see you all doing so well!

Donna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » November 23rd, 2004, 3:36 pm

Hey, Donna ~

Sounds like your household is really jumping! Yikes - I commend you for sticking to the program. Just want to be sure I have understood you correctly regarding the double shake - it was a ONE time day not an every day thing for several days - right?

Remember, stress and lack of rest will affect our scale numbers. Since you are undergoing trial by fire, do all you can to get some rest - your body needs sleep to restore itself.

We've missed you but we also understand why you're not able to post often. Hangeth in there. Shake it up!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Weight Loss