Has anybody tried these new MF products?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby Unca_Tim » November 23rd, 2004, 4:16 pm

Hi Donna,
Just wondering what you've been using for your 1 lean/green meal?
Unca
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

clearin it up

Postby sudaoning » November 23rd, 2004, 6:20 pm

Hi Nancy!
Just 1 shake a day. Breakfast. The rest of the day was normal program. I also added back in the bars for the week (1/day) last week. Just in hopes of shakin up my metabolism a little with some changes.

The "fire" would be a little easier to endure if i could estimate how long it is to last, but alas, that would be tooooo easy, huh?

Been doin some stressin, it's true.
So perhaps I should just be content that I have not gained.

Thanx for bein here y'all.
Donna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

My favorites,new products.

Postby Sasa » December 2nd, 2004, 10:05 am

I've tried many of the new products, but not the banana pudding - can't wait to get my first order of it.

The chili is ok. Adding boullion makes it too salty for me. I'll try the salsa idea. You have to fix it right or the beans don't get soft. But one thing I've tried is adding CURRY powder to it. If you like Indian food, the curry flavor takes over and what you have is something like a curry casserole. It's a nice change of pace, variety, spicy.

I love the oatmeal, very satisfying and easy to fix. I usually add a dash of salt (cuts the blandness) and a little more sweetener to it. I keep a tin of apple pie spice handy to add to the apple cinnamon. The maple brown sugar calls to mind pancakes and syrup.

My favorite bar is the chocolate mint. I swear they taste just like girl scout thin mint cooks. Second for me is the lemon - I love lemon bars and these things are awfully close. The chocloate divine bar has an aftertaste that reminds me of brownies, I think they are great. And I love the fruit and nut granola bar or the oatmeal raisin bar (tastes like cookie dough to me) with a big ole cup of java. Didn't like the peanut butter or the caramel thing.

I haven't tried the chocolate pudding because I just mix up the chocolate shake with a small amount of ice water and it makes a thick pudding like batter. Sometimes I make cookies with that batter, just drop them on a pam'd cookie sheet and bake them in a hot oven for just a few minutes. They're chewy and a nice change. I think others have done the same kind of thing with the oatmeal but haven't tried that yet.
Sasa
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Marseilles » December 2nd, 2004, 10:16 am

Sasa, I love your creative streak. Id never think to make cookies out of anything but the oatmeal..do you add anything else to them?

-M. the curious
Marseilles
Preferred member

Lean Green

Postby sudaoning » December 2nd, 2004, 12:46 pm

Hay Unca!
Just saw your question about the lean / green.
Many days are MF complete.
But when I do have a lean / green, it's most frequently broccoli with a small piece of chicken breast or pork tenderloin, usually grilled. I will often have a bit of bar b q sauce with the meat.
Once in a while I will opt for the salad, but usually it's a warm veggie. If not broccoli, could be greens (spinach, mustard)

Donna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby Unca_Tim » December 2nd, 2004, 12:50 pm

Looks good Donna,
Careful on the bbq sauce.
Unca
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

wow!

Postby sudaoning » December 2nd, 2004, 12:53 pm

you're right on top of this, aren't you, Unca?

forgot to say that after increasing the intake for a week as I described and the having a few "cheats" on thanksgiving, I was back on the plan sunday (our thanksgiving was saturday).
my weight was up a couple of pounds after the holiday. water from some extra carbs no doubt.
today i was at 172. down 44 lbs now. hopefully the down trend will continue! it's definitely better than sittin still!

but sittin still sooooo far exceeds goin up!
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby Nancy » December 2nd, 2004, 2:46 pm

Donna, are you still having a bar a day?

Some people do better not having a bar every day. Try every other day.

Those Thanksgiving Day excess bites, licks and tastes will soon disappear from the scales.

Interesting isn't it that the higher scale numbers linger longer than the taste of the food memory on the tongue... :tongue:

:shock: A moment on the lips, :x forever on the hips...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby sudaoning » December 3rd, 2004, 6:53 am

Hi Nancy!
For a while I was having no bars at all. Had added some exercise. But was still stuck.
Then during the period of upping the intake a little, (including Thanksgiving it was a little over a week....or maybe 10 days), I returned to a bar on most days and the double shake at breakfast only. At present, I am ll having a bar on some days. Thanksgiving I had my normal medimeals. For my "lean green" had ham, green bean casserole, and punkin pie with whipped cream. Still a far cry from the usual. The Thanksgiving excess is gone, and a bit more!
Maybe there is something to "cycling", upping the intake for a little while then dropping it again to keep the body from getting tooo adjusted.
I am at 171.5 lbs this morning and down a total of 45.5 lbs. Intending to keep this downward trend going! I still have a way to go.
My oldest son, the one who has "moved back in" has this week joined me on the mediplan. That should curb some of his cooking!

Thanks for always being here you all!
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby Nancy » December 3rd, 2004, 9:48 am

Donna,

For my "lean green" had ham, green bean casserole, and punkin pie with whipped cream.

Hah! I am glad that I recently posted the precise description of the Recommended Medifast Lean and Green...I don't recall including Green Bean Casserole or Punkin' Piewith Whipping Cream! You cwazy woman!

I am glad that you are in a downward spiral and how :kool: kool is that to have a thinnin' son to join you on the journey?

:shades: Folks, I do NOT advocate upping your grub intake while on a weight LOSS program!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby sudaoning » December 3rd, 2004, 10:14 am

i do not recommend the thanksgivnig "binge" myself........that was the thanksgiving dinner ONLY!
i felt rotten after.
system and head were much better after a few days back on the straight and narrow!

:yay:
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby Nancy » December 3rd, 2004, 10:40 am

I did great AT the table on Thanksgiving...it was the call of the sweet black dinner rolls that made me cave about midnight, in a darkened kitchen. I broke all my rules...

Yup, you are right, our bod feels better when we feed it the proper nutrition in the right balance.

I am on the straight and getting narrower myself... :mrgreen:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Previous

Return to Weight Loss