New Products

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

New Products

Postby electra000 » January 15th, 2008, 9:03 am

I just heard that Medifast is introducing a new product to speed up your metabolism called Momentum. Has anyone else heard about this. There are two kinds. One that you add to water that comes in three flavors and the other is a shake, or pudding. Sounds pretty interesting !
electra000
Preferred member

Postby Mike » January 15th, 2008, 9:55 am

Yes,
On the Nurse's call last night the Nutritionist, along with Lori and Dr. Andersen went over all of it. You can listen to the recording (TSFL folks).
They are going to be great products to help with metabolism, hunger, etc (thermogenics).

Here is information on the Nurses Support Call each Monday evening.
8:30 p.m. Eastern (5:30 p.m. Pacific). Dial 1-646-519-5860 followed by the pin code: 0971#.
This call is now recorded live each week! Please call 1-212-461-2692 to listen to this call recorded each Monday at 8:30pm EDT.

On this call, join Lori Andersen, RN, for the weekly Nurses Support Call. Every week, Lori provides our callers with supportive information to maximize success with their weight loss and health goals! Be sure to listen in and participate in this inspirational call.

I am sure Nancy will be posting something very soon (probably today).

1) Momentum Metabolism Boosters will be offered in 2 varieties (3 flavors within each variety see below):

Momentum Meals

Cappuccino - item # 72470
Chai Latte - item # 72480
Banana Crème Shake - item # 72490

Momentum Flavor Infusers

Green Tea Lemon - item # 72500
Mixed Berry - item # 72510
Strawberry Lemonade - item # 72520

The key benefit of Momentum is to help break through weight loss plateaus and assist with the maintenance phase.

Additional facts about Momentum:
- Contains 100 mg of calorie burning Caffeine
- Contains 90 mg of Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a potent antioxidant found in Green Tea
- Enhances fat burning by boosting metabolism and decreasing appetite

Each one of these, since they contain 100 mg caffeine, count as 1 of your allowed caffeinated drinks per day. So those of you who enjoy coffee or sodas would be replacing a coffee or soda with one of these.

Also available are:

2) Super Omega-3 Dietary Supplements are fatty acid supplements. Essential fatty acids cannot be produced by the human body, so they must be obtained through diet or supplementation.

Super Omega-3s offer:

- Purified deep sea fish oil from clean seas
- Enteric coated soft gel capsules
- Organic flaxseed oil
- EPA and DHA, 2 fatty acids that have many health benefits, such as supporting and maintaining the health of your cardiovascular system

Super Omega-3 - item # 0160

The item numbers listed above are the TSFL item numbers. I didn't list the prices as they may be more if you are not a TSFL client.

Hope this helps, and again, watch for Nancy's announcement soon.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » January 15th, 2008, 10:21 am

These are supposed to help those that have reached a stall or plateau, right. Someone who is just starting or who is having success on the program shouldn't use these. At least that is what I garnered from the call.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » January 15th, 2008, 11:47 am

Exactamundo. Its for plateau and for maintaining, and or those needing more appetite suppression.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » January 15th, 2008, 4:26 pm

Thank you, Mike for sharing the information regarding the new products with everyone.
You are the best! :yourock:

I am very excited that the new Momentum Products are now available; they have been in the works for some time.

[For future client support, the recording will be unavailable after January 21, 2008 so in case some of you read this and don't have the opportunity to hear the recording... Lori Andersen is the primary TSFL Support Nurse and hosts the Monday night Nurse's Support Call. Her guests this week were Dr. Andersen, the Medical Director for Medifast and TSFL and Joanie Rampolla, RD, LDN, the manager of Nutrition Support for Medifast and TSFL.]

Medifast Momentum Meals, launched January 14th 2008

Currently the line of Momentum products includes three meal replacements and three 'Flavor Infusers'.

The Momentum Meal replacement products are

Cappuccino, Chai Latte and
Banana Crème Shakes. :yay:

They sell for $16.95 per box of 7 meal replacements.

They are designed for people on the 5 & 1 Program for weight loss as well as people in the weight management phase.

The Momentum line is helpful because of its strong metabolism-boosting impact for people on the 5 & 1 Program and who may have reached a plateau, or perhaps approaching goal weight and find those last few pounds are difficult to budge – the benefit of the EGCG and caffeine is that they assist the body to burn an additional 60-100 calories per day.

They are ideal for people in the weight management phase.

Recently Dr. Andersen said the thermogenic effect of the calories burned is the equivalent of a 15 minute moderate walk. :walk:

Recommended use: 1-3 packets a day.

Medifast research and practice recommends clients may use up to three cups of coffee a day; therefore, we may use 1-3 Momentum packets a day.

Please note that many people are more :whattha: sensitive to caffeine during the weight loss phase – if so, it may be best to not use the Momentum products in the evening as they may interfere with sleep.

Momentum Flavor Infusers are NOT fully fortified meal replacements.

To use, add to a 16 ounce bottle of water to flavor the water and provide its thermogenic value.

Each packet contains 100 mg of caffeine and 90 mg of Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)

The Momentum Flavor Infusers come in ‘pencil packs’ – like the individual tubes that Lipton Green Tea To Go, Crystal Light, etc. are packed in so they easily fit in your back pack or pocket.

The Momentum Flavor Infusers are packaged 21 pencil packs per box and sell for $16.95 per box.

Each box contains one flavor…

The flavors are: Mixed Berry, Strawberry Lemonade and Green Tea Lemon.

They may used up to three times a day .

If you also use the Momentum Meal replacements then adjust the use of the Flavor Infusers accordingly - Medifast recommends using up to three products per day.

Momentum Meals and the Flavor Infusers can both be used on the same day.

:secret: Remember, the Flavor Infusers are not fully-fortiefied complete meals, they are considered a ‘free’ item – up to three a day.

They do have about 2 carbs per pencil pack but because of the metabolism-boosting effect, they will not knock you out of the fat-burning zone but will enhance it. If you use them and want to have a cuppa joe, you may consider drinking de-caf coffee.

Medifast Disclaimer:
100 mg of caffeine is equivalent to 1 cup of coffee.
Consult with your physician before using this product.

(This product may not be appropriate if you are sensitive to caffeine, advised by your doctor to limit caffeine, under
the age of 18 or pregnant or nursing.)

Recommended usage: Up to three (3) Momentum products daily (any combination of Meals and/or Flavor Infusers.)

Consuming more than three (3) Momentum products daily will not have an additional effect on metabolism.

(BTW, Medifast continues to offer the regular line of drinks without the Momentum additives for those who prefer the Cappuccino, Chai Latte and Banana Crème without the caffeine.)

The purpose of these Momentum meal replacements and the Water Infusers is to curb appetite and increase fat-burning.

Yeah! I used to :snooze: dream of calorie-negative foods where I could relax in a hammock and experience weight loss without the hassle or :goofyjump: sweat of daily exercise!

I used to explain away my corpulent self as having the metabolism of a slug but truly, in my :heart: heart of :heart: hearts, I knew that I chose to not exercise and that choice had wide-reaching consequences...the waistband on my slacks reached wide, all right! Extra-wide!

Exercise is a vital part of weight management and a healthy lifestyle. Living the BeSlim Way is wonderful and our desire is that others join us on the Highway to Health!

We hope you like 'em!

Mixed Berry, here I come! :thumbig:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss