A new lifestyle starts tomorrow!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

A new lifestyle starts tomorrow!

Postby kdluster » February 9th, 2004, 10:45 am

Howdy Y'all! My name is Karen and tomorrow I am starting the Medifast program! I am excited and anxious at the same time. I am hoping to use the forum for support and accountabilty. Knowing you are all here to support me is going to make it so much easier. Just to tell you a little about myself, I am the proud mother of two boys (4 years and 4 months) and I work full time. My husband and I have planned a trip to Walt Disney World in April and I have already bought my bathing suit! Now I just need to work really hard so it fits! I haven't weighed myself in awhile - so we will see where I am at tomorrow, and how much work I have ahead of me. I know I can do this!
kdluster
Regular Member - #30 Club

Re: A new lifestyle starts tomorrow!

Postby explorthis » February 9th, 2004, 11:26 am

kdluster wrote:Howdy Y'all! My name is Karen and tomorrow I am starting the Medifast program! I am excited and anxious at the same time. I am hoping to use the forum for support and accountabilty. Knowing you are all here to support me is going to make it so much easier.

I know I can do this!

Karen... Welcome to the "CHANGE" You said it yourself above: I know I can do this.
You can do this if you want. We are here for the support. The accountability factor is up to you. We have all been in the same situation as you, wheather its 1 pound, or 100 pounds its up to you. Medifast is WONDERFUL, and if you are faithful, you will be amazed, beyond any other diet or weight loss program you have ever tried.

Be patient, as we all know, we did not become overweight overnight, and we cannot become magically thinner overnight. It takes time and dedication, but this program makes it cut and dry, no room for error, unless you allow the error in, which you will not.

Again, you said it: I know I can do this.
Stick with us, we love support, and love to receive it!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Disney World

Postby TamiL » February 9th, 2004, 12:25 pm

Hi kdluster!!
welcome!! I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!! sometimes I think about moving and going there to work..and just being a big kid for the rest of my life!! lol!! wouldnt we all love that! as Mike said above...we are all here for support..to give it as well as receive it! this forum is great...its what has kept me going! on days that are hard for me, I come here and type away..or just read old posts and learn from everyone here!! :-P

I have been on Medifast now for 7 days..yes folks..its DAY 7! I have to say that I am still a bit hungry..I dont think Ive gotten that magic "no hunger thang" yet!! but I Do howerver have STINKY breath!! and that, folks..I know is a good sign!! KETOSIS baby!! yahoooooooooo :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

Im going strong..and let me tell ya, for those of you who have full time jobs or work long days/hours...the ready to drink shakes are a lifesaver! im going to order some more today...easy, fast and good!

take care....good luck, just hang in there the first few days...they get a little rough :roll: but it gets better!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 9th, 2004, 1:12 pm

You will have good days and bad days. Post away, even if you just need to vent.

WELCOME!!! :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Starloser63 » February 9th, 2004, 1:40 pm

kdluster

Welcome aboard. You can do this, the program works just stick with it. I have been told that by many people. And now I am beginning to see the results. Keep reading and posting. I have a 15 yr old and a 2.5 year old, stay at home mom.
Shake for yourself, your vacation, that bathing suit, and your little kidlets :D
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63

Postby shineface » February 9th, 2004, 3:26 pm

Hi kdluster----

It's all true - every word. This is the place to be - for information, support, honesty and it really helps. The first few days I was on I didn't have anyone to talk to and it was harder --- THIS FORUM is a lifesaver --together we can do it and this place hasn't let me down yet.

Make the choice - just do it -- one minute at a time - everyday.

Post often and keep on slurpin' --- we all need each other.

WELCOME!!
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kdluster » February 10th, 2004, 5:39 am

Thank you all for your positive thoughts! I had my first shake this morning - Orange Delight...it was DELICIOUS! Keep me in your thoughts as I concur day one!
Karen
February 17, 2004
246/187/165
kdluster
Regular Member - #30 Club

shakes

Postby TamiL » February 10th, 2004, 9:43 am

Howdy Kd ..hope your Day #2 and Day #3 go well...just keep shakin!! if you run out of ideas for shakes...go to the Lean Cuisine forum at the end of the page...and there are plenty of reciepes for shakes listed there!! the orange shake is good with diet orange soda mixed with blender and Ice...and a bit of vanilla extract is tasty too!! just an idea!!

Happy shakin everyone....
Tami :D
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby susan » February 10th, 2004, 2:36 pm

Hi Kd.
welcome to the Family.this is a great bunch of people as you will find out as you go along and everone is here for you .
Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Keep going!!!

Postby hecate » February 10th, 2004, 3:52 pm

You're going to love Disney World!! My husband and I like to take my two sons, one with wife and one with girlfriend, to a family style vacation every year. Last fall it was Disney. We had the time of our lives. It's going to be so much better with small children.
I have never let my weight get in my way of anything I did and maybe that's why it's so hard to lose now. I have had fun. I met and married my husband while I was this weight. Life didn't get me down and I am healthy as a horse in spite of the almost 100 lb. Sometimes I need something to keep me going besides my own ambition.
You have that bathing suit waiting as a type of reward or push and I think that's a great idea. A reward for losing might help me out. I'll have to give it some thought.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks for the tip!

Michele
hecate
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 10th, 2004, 4:06 pm

Michele

Your post made me stop and think 'what is my motivation?'. I too have done things anyway carrying around my extra weight.

I think my main motivation for getting serious was my desire to return to work. I used to have a career, I chose to stay home and school my daughter, but she is off to college this fall, so I will go back to work. I know beyond a doubt that at my current weight I will not get the same job offers as I will if I lose weight. I think that is my main motivation.

What made you decide to lose in the first place?
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw

Postby Unca_Tim » February 11th, 2004, 11:10 am

Hi KD and welcome,
How's the shakin' going?
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » February 12th, 2004, 3:55 pm

Good afternoon everyone!

Ahh…Mouseland is a great reason for wanting to get skinny for summer! Terry and I went to Disney World last summer and had a ball! I especially loved the fact that I could fit into ALL of the rides. My buns rode every ride and they were happy! We packed water bottles with us, had a few shakes and a bar and then we had my fave: chocolate covered frozen bananners! Whee! Because we can! You CAN have one, too after you reach your goal and begin maintenance!

Yep, everyone needs to have something that motivates them. Some people are motivated by that good feeling of accomplishing something they set out to do, others need tangible objects for motivation – there’s nothing like going shopping and coming home with a new outfit in a smaller size! :lol: Some times people just want to have their doctor report that their cholesterol or BP has been reduced to safe levels or that they no longer have to use Glucophage or some other diabetic medication.

My husband is a doll – he has gotten me so many nice gifts to keep me motivated. First he got me some black leather pants in a size 4, then a beautiful red leather jacket. I have a lovely new skirt and blouse and the latest is a leopard ring and leopard necklace – ahh, weight loss and maintenance is a beautiful thing! :exercise:

Pick your goal, write it down or make a picture of it, hang it in front of you – (like the bathing suit) keep it ever before you and read your list of the reasons why or look at the reason why – do it every day. When you are tempted to go off program, look at your list of the reasons WHY you are doing this and you will be reminded that nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.